Voonik Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 26 Mar 2019

3.4

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Voonik.

Interview

Voonik came to us in campus interview..They offered a pay of 8.5 lpa..
    the interview process consist of general aptitude,logical questions and we were asked to fill it.. no mcq..at the end of 1st round..150 of us were selected for the second round (gota wait for 4 hrs for the results) 2nd round consist of 3 coding questions.. a part of them were selected( On what basis selection was made was a mystery to all.. it seemed random)
    we had to wait another 2 hrs before the 2nd round rsults... 3rd round was also coding and 3 ques were to be answered in 2 30 hrs.. very long tiring interview process.. it ended by 11 30 pm.. the selected 30 students were interviewed by 6 panels the next whole day.. only 5 were selected in total.. no transparency in selection.. it seemed like mere luck.. gotta be very patient .. the wait was tooo long..

Interview Questions

• there is saha and meera playing a game optimally.. the game is always started by saha..
      the game is as follows.. they choose a maximum number..
      all the numbers from 1 to the chosen number are written on a paper..
      a person chooses a number and marks it as visited..
      this number cannot be chosen by other person..
      the first one to get 3 consecutive visited nodes is considered the winner..
      it is not mandatory that all should be visited by the same player..
      Input:
      N =>limit (the max number)
      Output:
      who wins the game
      saha (or)meera
      Sample Testcase:
      no matter whatever meera does.. saha always wins..
      if saha chooses 1.. and meera chooses 3..saha chooses 2 and wins the game.
      if saha chooses 1 and meera chooses 2..saha chooses 3 and ends the game   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Voonik (Coimbatore).

Interview

We were asked puzzles and programs in the interview rounds . The puzzles were most common ones like floor-egg , horses-races , etc. The puzzles were asked in the coding rounds too. Very simple data structures programs were asked too and the interviews go beyond 12am night .. be prepared

Interview Questions

• Delete the linked list node without previous pointer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Voonik (Chennai) in July 2016.

Interview

I got shortlisted for interview through college.The total rounds are as follows.
    1st round : Aptitude test
    2nd and 3rd rounds : Programming at hacker earth website.
    4th and 5th rounds : Technical interviews at sathyabama university. only few get shortlisted to next two rounds.
    6th and 7th rounds : Again technical interviews at SRM university with little more tougher questions.

In all rounds logical questions and puzzles were also asked. The interviewers were their current employees. The quality of questions were good. Everyone given sufficient time to think and come up with answer. Sometimes the interview goes for an hour and more.

But the call for interview is not a scheduled one. The turnaround time was so long. We were made to sit from 10.30 AM but interviewed only by 6.30 PM.
    It was the only con I could see.

Interview Questions

• Technical :
      Data structures ,Algorithms, SQL, Problems in C (Need solution in O(n) complexity), other questions from resume.
      Logical
      25 horse problem, Train (speed/distance), Probability, puzzles..   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Voonik.

Interview

one general apti -profit time speed logical quants
    one coding hacker earth - any languae - 3 qns - 2.15 hours 300 marks
    six technical rounds - tech apti - based on resume
    3 day process
    not organized
    late night interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Voonik in July 2017.

Interview

The first round was aptitude, it was easy to pass. The second round was programming, they gave three problems to solve in 1 hour 30 mins. The third round was also programming, they gave three problems to solve in 1 hour 30 mins. The next round was technical HR interview, but there were some students who didn't attend third round but came for the HR round. This round had puzzles and personality based questions. The final round was Personal HR round where they discussed salary packages. They just want IT students. Even if you are great in programming, if you belong to departments other than cse and IT, you will not be selected.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find the difference between number of substrings and the number of distinct substrings   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Voonik (Coimbatore) in July 2016.

Interview

I round - aptitude(pen & paper)
    II round - Programming (hackerearth). The questions were of moderate difficulty.
    III round - Technical Interview. Mainly on logical thinking and puzzle solving
    IV round - Technical Interview. Algorithms an Data structures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madurai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Voonik (Madurai) in July 2016.

Interview

The first round was an apti round where logics,quants,data interpretation where asked. It was a online test. The second round was a coding round where 3 programs where given and asked to solve in hackerrank. The third round was a face to face interview and the final round was with HR.

Interview Questions

• programming questions where from anagram, find the maximum length of the subarray in a given array, scheduling problem. In the face to face interview programming skills and logical skills where tested.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Voonik (Chennai) in July 2016.

Interview

tl;dr: Crappily organized interview process with a fake salary announcement and an obfuscated selection criteria that allowed students with lesser marks in the online tests to progress further into the interview.

So, I'm a final year Computer Science student at a pretty decent college in Chennai. Our placement season usually starts around late-August. Suddenly, near the end of July, our college announces that a company named Voonik (that literally none of us had ever heard of) is coming for a recruitment drive with a CTC of Rs. 16 lakhs per annum. Some of our students were hyped, but some were quite apprehensive.

The actual process to be followed was three rounds. A hour of Logical Reasoning Aptitude, followed by a hour and 45 minutes of solving problems on HackerEarth and the third round being another set of problems on HackerEarth but for a two hour duration. None of this was announced beforehand, except for the eligibility criteria being no standing arrears.

Interestingly, much to our cheer, the first round gets cancelled. No explanation as to why.

We proceeded to our computer labs to take up the second round which started two hours later, right during lunch. Two programming questions to be solved. There was no supervision and everyone just copied code from GeeksforGeeks and getting every testcase right, albeit there being a few who were honest enough to not copy.

Three hours later, around 5 PM, the announcements come in and everyone who copied gets selected to proceed to the further rounds.

The third round was the exact same process as the second, starting at 6 PM. The questions were easier than the second round, but many discovered that the answers were not available online. One imperious supervisor turns up for a few minutes, then leaves. My friend, sitting next to me, happily copied my code but didn't get the output. I'd successfully compiled sample and custom testcases, but not the ridiculous submission testcases that required 3 * 10 ^ 6 inputs to be processed under a second.

When the round ended, I had 10/200 marks awarded for 1 valid submission test case.

The next day, people with zero marks and the dude who was next to me copying my code get selected for four more rounds on the same day, the announcement for which came at 10:30 AM.

When I asked about this company to friends in the IT field in Bangalore, they were quite critical of it, since this isn't the first time they've made their fake salary claims.

At the beginning I was quite nervous, but at the same time pretty hyped, since this was my first ever interview. When it ended, I was just mad.

Interview Questions

• Round Two:

Print the nth Hamming Number
      Something about critical links in graphs   1 Answer
    • Round Three:

Print the nth Binary Palindrome
      Print the number of decimal places   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Voonik (Coimbatore) in June 2016.

Interview

It's the worst experience I ever had. The total interview process is not well organised. But the interview is easy to crack. If they had everything properly organised, the interview is one good challenging one to crack. This is really tougher for those who couldn't crack the Amazon QA intern interview.

Interview Questions

• What the angle between long hand and short hand when the time is 3:15 (Hint : answer is not zero)   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process happened for two days. we had
    1.aptitude test(easy)
    2.hacker earth programming round
    It was tough questions based on anagram,sub arrays,scheduling were asked
    3.technical round
    it was based on c language
    4.another technical round
    5.Hr interview

Interview Questions

• hacker earth programming round was tough. questions based on anagram,sub arrays,scheduling were asked   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.