Whitbread Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Whitbread Interview Questions

Interviews at Whitbread

2.4

Front of House Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whitbread (Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied for the job through Indeed and was invited to an interview the next day. The interview itself was very laid-back and friendly; it felt more like an informal chat than a formal interview. I was then invited to a three-hour trial shift later that week (6pm-9pm) where I shadowed someone else working on what's called grill, which was collecting finished dishes and serving them to the correct tables. I was told at the end of the trial shift that they would like to offer me the job.

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

2 face to face interviews. Then wait for the results. Their Agent then tried to bid-down the salary over the phone. I said no. Subsequently rejected with some strange feedback that I was not passionate about my work.

Interview Questions

• What is your style of working   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whitbread (Cambridge, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

They asked me about employment history and myself. They asked about my education and why I would be a good fit for the company and then asked how many hours I can do and my availability.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whitbread (Braintree, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

It was easy. Meeting with regional operation manager. After trial shift at one of the restaurants and then telephone interview with company director.
    Then got job offer and handbook. When you accept it you will receive info about your future induction. Company also cover all the expenses for you, hotel, car hire etc

Strategic Insights Analysis Manager Interview

Interview

The process took about six weeks. The time between rounds was unnecessary. I had an initial call with the recruitment partner going through my CV and experience. Next a face to face interview with the team leader. After that I was given data to analyse at home for 48 hours and bring in to make a presentation for to the team leader and the head of the division. The data was not sent to me when it should have been and the journey to their head office is logistically complex and time consuming. I received positive feedback during the interview but three days later received a call from the recruitment partner to say that I was not being advanced to the next round (yes after 6 weeks the process would have still continued) because my experience was too scientific. This was a factor which was clear in my CV and did not require 6 weeks of my time and two days of unpaid data analysis. My overall impression is that although they may care for their employees they do not respect their candidates and their time.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to communicate unfavourable results and how did you go about it.   Answer Question

International Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudwater, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whitbread (Loudwater, England (UK)).

Interview

Went for an interview at Costa express for the role of project manager at their office in Loud water. Took me 4 hours
     to drive there. Interview went well and HR staff called me after to check up. Then after the face to face interview all went silent. I chased for feedback via the HR staff via email and call and all went unanswered. They said they would get back to me but never did. Unprofessional. Absolute time wasters. A standard email template saying unsuccessful is better than no reply after an interview. Wanted feedback on my interview so I could improve but again nothing but pure silence from them. Common courtesy to keep applicants informed. If I was unsuccessful after the face to face interview then so be it and let me know. Bad manners and poor communication. Thankfully found a job at a more respective organisation that provides feedback. Costa express, poor show. Can I claim for expenses considering you wasted my time...!

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

The panel wanted me to complete a do at home coding test. This test would have taken me more than a day, so I refused to do the same.
    The internal recruiter is a very sensible person, he arranged for a face to face interview without this do at home test.
    However I found the panel overly negative: They seemed to lack the required skills to evaluate my responses.
    Let me take few examples:
    When I said that in the past, I had a team member who was not a very good team player and we used to give him more independent work, the interviewer took the most negative view that we isolated the team member from the team.
    I had written a TDD based java microservice application to integrate with foursquare api. The service class had only a single method. The interviewer couldn't understand that in the success scenario in the test, the test was expected to be very simple.
    The panel was in a hurry all the time, and I felt they did not follow up to understand the reasoning
    From their final interview feedback, I felt that the panel was too far detached from the reality.

Commis Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whitbread (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Easy. Based on working skills and health and safety procedures. The company provide on site and e-learning platform. Is less formal with no secret questions. Basic cooking skills are tested.

International Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudwater, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whitbread (Loudwater, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online with my CV and received a call from a HR manager to set up a telephone (Skype) call with one of the hiring managers. Interview went fine and asked lots of questions on my previous experiences. Two weeks later then invited for a face to face interview in Loudwater. Was late due to traffic but called to let them know of this. It was almost a 3.5 hour car journey to get there.
    Face to face went ok, some pressing questions but nothing too dramatic. HR Manager called me few days later to see how everything went and from that moment on pure silence from the HR manager.
    I pressed for feedback, leaving emails and calls but to no avail. They just up sticks and left me high and dry. No feedback, no email, no nothing. Extremely unprofessional and amateurish set up. If it was a no to my interview, then fine just tell me and give me some feedback, better than hearing nothing. I made the effort to drive all the way to their offices, the least they could do was give me a response to my interview. Poor all round which shows their lack of respect for candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a demanding customer, what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitbread (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

My manager kept on forgetting to send me my welcome package, kept on referring to people as useless, not given information about anything, no real guidance and support, raciest management.

Interview Questions

• She told me they are really stupid interview questions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.