WorkMarket Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at WorkMarket

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at WorkMarket (New York, NY)

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn 1 phone screen with HR 1 technical round with peer 1 behavioral round with peer 1 round with hiring manager Decision made within 2-3 days ~1 week between each round All rounds were done via WebEx (I applied, interviewed, and accepted during Covid)

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between a left join and a right join
    Answer Question

WorkMarket

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WorkMarket

Interview

Had general interview questions about resume, and some simple coding questions about how to test code and all possible test cases. Wasn't a long interview, did it at university for a co-op.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

WorkMarket

Application

I interviewed at WorkMarket

Interview

They reached out to me on LinkedIn, we had a phone call, and then I met with a few people at the company. Pretty standard process overall, very easy to understand.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WorkMarket

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WorkMarket

Interview

It was mainly behavioural. I was asked a few questions on how I would approach a fairly simple coding question, as well as how I would perform tests in a given scenario.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorkMarket (Toronto, ON)

Interview

1) Recruiter contacts and gives background about the company. 2) Technical phone screen with a developer, asked about Spring boot, Microservice architecture, refactoring related questions. 3) on-site interview with multiple people. With developers, lead, project manager and product owner.

Interview Questions
  • Break a hypothetical monolith application into microservices.

WorkMarket

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WorkMarket

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter, responded, then had three different calls with Recruiters/coordinators about the position. Then I had a technical screen with Director of Engineering, which went really well. I was then asked to do a take home assigment. The assigment took a bunch of time, I finished it, then was told they already filled all the engineering positions they had. I think between the three recruiter hops I had to talk to, the recruiting behind the scenes is very organized. Although everyone I talked to was nice, I spent a lot of time doing the homework for this position when it's not available. I would have appreciated if they do me in advance. This has left a bad taste in my mouth. I am interviewing for other companies and I did actually have a lot of take home programming assigments and I priotrized this over others ones and maybe I shouldn't have done that. My advice to people interviewing is to make sure there is a role for you before you interview. Recruiting team this should never happen again to anyone else.

Interview Questions
  • Build a system that can make API calls and handle some servere rate limits.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WorkMarket (New York, NY)

Interview

Scheduled an interview a week in advance for this entry level position. I was looking forward to it. When it got to the call, the employee only said that the entry level offers had already been given the previous week and since I did not have more than 2 years of experience, I would not be considered for any mid-level engineer position that were still open. For a company that claims to manage teams of freelancers, they sure are bad at managing their hiring process by making me wait a week for the interview just to tell that they weren't moving me forward without giving me an opportunity to explain myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I interviewed at WorkMarket (Toronto, ON)

Interview

You will meet 3-5 people depending on who is available that day. During that time you will be walked through a single interview question, which will have you build a React+Redux app. Every hour, the person who you are pairing with will rotate. Some of the people who will pair with you are remote in New York. It was a long and grueling exercise, one that left me with a parched throat. I also never heard back from them, not even to give me feedback on what went wrong during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Can you build this app using React?

WorkMarket

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at WorkMarket in Apr 2017

Interview

I applied a month ago online, when I thought I didn't make the cut for an initial interview, I received an email from the company's rep to setup a 20 minute phone screen. We went over my background, why I wanted an internship as opposed to FT employment after graduating from a Bootcamp, What I am looking to get out of this experience, if my skills meet their tech stack, etc. She was very upfront about the structure of the internship program along with compensation. Interns would be hired as contractors and would get paid $500/wk, minus any days you are sick/vacation /holidays. Next steps would be a technical onsite with a Senior Dev (for me, it was the API Lead). The onsite would be for no more than 45 minutes. Know your JS or Java. The Dev might ask you 1-2questions on your background and why you want to intern at Work Market, but they will kill right into whiteboarding shortly after. The company rep (Kaitlyn) will follow-up with you within a week after discussing with the Sr. Dev. How you did with onsite. They will choose whether to extend an offer or not. This was one of the best interview experiences I've had with any company. Kaitlyn (your contact) is on top of her game. She treats you with respect and transparency. The API Lead I met really cares about the kind of mentorship and experience summer interns receive. He took the time to walk me through their work flow and DB schemas, and put in effort to help me understand things that were new to me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at WorkMarket (New York, NY) in Jan 2017

Interview

I received the email from HR to schedule a phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes. She asked the common behavior questions and what I did at summer internship. She also asked the coding skills (Python, SQL).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews