WorkMarket Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

WorkMarket Interview Questions

Interviews at WorkMarket

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WorkMarket (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Scheduled an interview a week in advance for this entry level position. I was looking forward to it. When it got to the call, the employee only said that the entry level offers had already been given the previous week and since I did not have more than 2 years of experience, I would not be considered for any mid-level engineer position that were still open.

For a company that claims to manage teams of freelancers, they sure are bad at managing their hiring process by making me wait a week for the interview just to tell that they weren't moving me forward without giving me an opportunity to explain myself.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at WorkMarket in April 2017.

Interview

I applied a month ago online, when I thought I didn't make the cut for an initial interview, I received an email from the company's rep to setup a 20 minute phone screen. We went over my background, why I wanted an internship as opposed to FT employment after graduating from a Bootcamp, What I am looking to get out of this experience, if my skills meet their tech stack, etc. She was very upfront about the structure of the internship program along with compensation. Interns would be hired as contractors and would get paid $500/wk, minus any days you are sick/vacation
    /holidays.

Next steps would be a technical onsite with a Senior Dev (for me, it was the API Lead). The onsite would be for no more than 45 minutes. Know your JS or Java. The Dev might ask you 1-2questions on your background and why you want to intern at Work Market, but they will kill right into whiteboarding shortly after.

The company rep (Kaitlyn) will follow-up with you within a week after discussing with the Sr. Dev. How you did with onsite. They will choose whether to extend an offer or not.

This was one of the best interview experiences I've had with any company. Kaitlyn (your contact) is on top of her game. She treats you with respect and transparency. The API Lead I met really cares about the kind of mentorship and experience summer interns receive. He took the time to walk me through their work flow and DB schemas, and put in effort to help me understand things that were new to me.

Interview Questions

Again, I had a really positive experience with this company and everyone I interacted with. I got good vibes when I met the API Lead (really loves teaching and mentoring juniors). Another offer came my way that better suited my situation. The company rep (Kaitlyn) emailed me to wish me good luck on everything I do. -- NOT something all companies do when you decline an offer.

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WorkMarket (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I received the email from HR to schedule a phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes. She asked the common behavior questions and what I did at summer internship. She also asked the coding skills (Python, SQL).

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WorkMarket (Huntington, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

The overall experience was challenging, insightful, and encouraging. The process assisted me with knowing what my day at work would look like and whether I was capable of doing the tasks required. My personal experience consisted by being referred by a friend, then contacted by the Front Desk Receptionist that served more as a liaison, I had a 1 to 1 interview with the Director of Client Services, she assigned two hypothetical sales pitch, and interviewed with two Sales Executives. After, that point I waited about 1 month for an offer. The Front Desk Receptionist kept me updated as I waited to be contacted with a decision. Everyone I spoke to was very informative, quick to respond to emails, and were very immersed into Work Market, their roles, and my potential role in the organization. I would recommend Work Market to any candidate that is full of energy, loves solving issues, team player, and has an entrepreneurial spirit.

Interview Questions

• I am an executive and you finally got me on the phone. What will you say to get my attention in the first 30 seconds?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WorkMarket (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone. It was fairly painless with standard questions, and I was told I'd be contacted within the next few days. Unfortunately, I still haven't heard back yet, and it's been a week. My interviewer, Kaitlyn, was very friendly and personable and kept control of the conversation. She had answers for my questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this role at Work Market.   1 Answer

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WorkMarket in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a recruiter contacted me to set up phone interview with CMO. She got on the phone not having looked at my resume. She was very rushed, asked a bunch of rapid fire questions, asked if I had any questions but made it clear she hadn't any time to answer. She was genuinely surprised that I had taken the time to play around with their solution. This was the worst meeting I have ever had and I told them to remove me from any further consideration.

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorkMarket (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

* I was spoke with first hr(phone);
    * Then I spoke with second hr(phone);
    * Then I spoke with Director of Quality, - this is single conversation that I liked he asked me to write function online(phone);
    * Then I spoke with Test Automation Engineer (phone), he asked me to solve 3 programming tasks (write 3 functions) in day time. I told that I do not have access to computer and can do this only by phone. And waste on that 50 min of my work time. We suggested to talk later when time will fit for us both. But there was not response from them at all... As for me this is company does not appreciate applicants time.

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WorkMarket (Huntington, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was Interviewed in the beginning of Feb 2016 and kept warm by the recruiter that I had been recruited by for over a month. I was contacted by him WEEKLY (40 emails in total) to make sure I was still interested in role- for months we were in conversation about this role, conversations were all based around "expecting an offer top of Q2". Last email was on March 31st- and I quote "I will have an update for you by EOD tomorrow" then complete radio silence, no follow up..not even a response to my quick email followup. To keep me in the process for about 2 months and not even have the decency to send a quick response is very unprofessional, to deny a candidate via email is very simple. I understand things changing, not having budget, changing the role etc..but c'mon guys, this was for a management position- this is not how to build a pipeline.

Director of Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkMarket (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds 2 - 1/2 hour phone conversations with 2 rounds of 4 hours each with the product team followed by the management team. I was extremely disappointed that at the end of the process they did not even bother to confirm if I was accepted or rejected. To spend the time I did, I would think that as a courtesy one would expect a response.

Interview Questions

• Questions on product prioritization , challenges in past work - nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkMarket (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Three step process with the first round going through the recruiter, second round from HR and third round through sales leadership. Final stage of the interview was very unprofessional, frat like and disappointing. Did not receive an offer - submitted my decision not to proceed any further after 3rd round interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was evasive, would not answer very direct and relevant questions regarding turnover or top performers results. Would not recommend pursing.

Interview Questions

• Text book questions, nothing too difficult or out of the way.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.