Xilinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Xilinx

1. Featured Interview

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xilinx (Hyderabad) in June 2017.

Interview

Very professionally managed the total interview process, went thru 4 phases - Technical & Professional knowledge and attitude assessment
    Technical interview and taken y reporting and skip level manager with detailed discussion on the various issues
    Further it covers the team management skills
    HR interview was majorly focus on the attitude, team management and inter-dept managing skills

Interview Questions

• How you manage team in case of difference of opinion   2 Answers

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

Referred to position, had a quick call with a recruiter, then a ~30 minute call with hiring manager. The hiring manager asked questions about my experience, then asked which language I was strongest in and asked relevant questions (classes/interfaces in Java), lastly asked a couple of bit manipulation questions. The onsite was 4 ~45 minute interviews with engineers on the team I applied for. Each interview was different and the engineers were friendly and asked questions that were relevant to a) my experience and b) the role. There were a lot of bit manipulation questions and questions relevant to processors. I had a lot of opportunities to find out about the team. It was a really great experience and got me excited about the job. Within a week following the interview the recruiter called me to let me know I hadn't gotten the job, was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse the bits of a 32-bit integer?   2 Answers

Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

review of past projects and layout design skills.

Interview Questions

• what is your top 5 weakness and how you prevent it   1 Answer
    • why do you think you're suitable for our group   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Visited job fair at my college and applied. After few days, I've got an email from the company for phone interview. I set up the phone interview and received the phone call on time. It was 15 min long phone interview, and the interviewer was very friendly .

Interview Questions

• Back ground and projects on my resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

A very thorough process of 9 rounds of interviews, covering all aspects of the job like data structures and algorithms, programming skills in C++, graph theory concepts, etc. Prior to the 1:1 on site interview I also had 4 rounds of telephonic interviews.

Interview Questions

• Graph theory: topological sort based question   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Resume was forwarded by HR to hiring manager. Hiring manager setup a 30 min interview. The manager spoke about the team and the position.
    After that had a technical phone interview. Was given a coding assignment a week before the phone interview.
    Finally an on-site interview with 8 ppl. Was mostly behavioral and about projects and past relevant experience. Two were technical rounds on C++

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an engineer at Xilinx. Scheduled a phone interview in December 1st week. Phone interview went fine. Had some coding done on google docs. I was told that I would receive a feedback in one/two weeks.

Never heard back even after sending three reminder emails. Not a response.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process moved very quickly and involved a technical phone screen followed by 5 technical/behavioral interviews with the team. Technical questions were a mix of coding and seeing how familiar you are with certain concepts.

Interview Questions

• I won't disclose specific questions out of respect, but freshen up on scheduling, process synchronization, inter-process communication, memory management, interrupt handling, DMAs, OS and RTOS concepts, and anything else that might be relevant to the position.   1 Answer
    • For behavioral questions, they're mostly looking to see how you solve problems, your own work history, and how interested you are in the position.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx in November 2018.

Interview

tedious, I was told its a simple resume talk and was given a coding round. The interviewer was very adamant and wouldn't agree to any of my answers. the coding was easy

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone conversation with a recruiting progressional. Then the next person that I spoke to was the hiring manager. The phone conversation felt casual. The purpose of the conversation was to exchange information about what I have done in the past and it gave the hiring manager a chance to tell me more the role. Then I was called back to come in for an in person interview. During the in person interview, I met with 4 different people. Each person were professional and asked me about my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• What was your thesis about? (More follow up questions about my thesis)   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about the opening?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

One to two hour technical phone interview, followed by 8 hour all day interview at Xilinx in the bay area. Long interview consisted of multiple one to two hour sessions. Sessions included a "lab" in which a hands on task was performed. Other sessions included "tests" and q&a sessions of technical nature.

Interview Questions

• Describe, and create a state machine to control a traffic light in an intersection.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.