Xilinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Xilinx Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jun 2019

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

Referred to position, had a quick call with a recruiter, then a ~30 minute call with hiring manager. The hiring manager asked questions about my experience, then asked which language I was strongest in and asked relevant questions (classes/interfaces in Java), lastly asked a couple of bit manipulation questions. The onsite was 4 ~45 minute interviews with engineers on the team I applied for. Each interview was different and the engineers were friendly and asked questions that were relevant to a) my experience and b) the role. There were a lot of bit manipulation questions and questions relevant to processors. I had a lot of opportunities to find out about the team. It was a really great experience and got me excited about the job. Within a week following the interview the recruiter called me to let me know I hadn't gotten the job, was very friendly and helpful.

Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

review of past projects and layout design skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Visited job fair at my college and applied. After few days, I've got an email from the company for phone interview. I set up the phone interview and received the phone call on time. It was 15 min long phone interview, and the interviewer was very friendly .

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

A very thorough process of 9 rounds of interviews, covering all aspects of the job like data structures and algorithms, programming skills in C++, graph theory concepts, etc. Prior to the 1:1 on site interview I also had 4 rounds of telephonic interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an engineer at Xilinx. Scheduled a phone interview in December 1st week. Phone interview went fine. Had some coding done on google docs. I was told that I would receive a feedback in one/two weeks.

Never heard back even after sending three reminder emails. Not a response.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Resume was forwarded by HR to hiring manager. Hiring manager setup a 30 min interview. The manager spoke about the team and the position.
    After that had a technical phone interview. Was given a coding assignment a week before the phone interview.
    Finally an on-site interview with 8 ppl. Was mostly behavioral and about projects and past relevant experience. Two were technical rounds on C++

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx in November 2018.

Interview

tedious, I was told its a simple resume talk and was given a coding round. The interviewer was very adamant and wouldn't agree to any of my answers. the coding was easy

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone conversation with a recruiting progressional. Then the next person that I spoke to was the hiring manager. The phone conversation felt casual. The purpose of the conversation was to exchange information about what I have done in the past and it gave the hiring manager a chance to tell me more the role. Then I was called back to come in for an in person interview. During the in person interview, I met with 4 different people. Each person were professional and asked me about my past experiences.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

One to two hour technical phone interview, followed by 8 hour all day interview at Xilinx in the bay area. Long interview consisted of multiple one to two hour sessions. Sessions included a "lab" in which a hands on task was performed. Other sessions included "tests" and q&a sessions of technical nature.

Interview Questions

• Describe, and create a state machine to control a traffic light in an intersection.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I first received an email to schedule a 10 minuet prescreen with the recruiter. During the prescreen I was explained the requirements of the job and given a chance to introduce myself.
    After that, I was given an hour technical interview interview about a week later.

The interview involved mostly software related questions and behavioral/work style questions. Software questions were mostly about what algorithms I know and optimal ways to do things (sort, search, etc.).

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.