Yorkshire Building Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Yorkshire Building Society Interview Questions

Interviews at Yorkshire Building Society

3.2

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, AL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

part competency part technical questions nothing out of the blue just make sure you've got some good examples for most of the competency questions. fairly straight forward overall nothing too difficult was asked or nothing to catch you out

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was ridiculous. You are required to make a presentation prior to attending an assessment centre (full day 9am to 4pm)
    The process starts with a group activity whereby you interpret data and present back to observers - this is a mixed ability and mixed experienced group this takes 1.5 hours

Following the presentation you are requested to present the presentation submitted prior to interview then asked 12 questions competency based back to back ( not asked why you would like the job or what you would bring to YBS or what experience you have)

Following this you have a written test very similar to the first group activity except on your own.

At no point does anyone ask your name, why you would be good in role, what experience you have.

You are also expected to purchase your lunch from their run down staff canteen at your own expense.

After this ordeal you will potentially be offered a job at 26k a year - I think not

CCR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Good process, telephone then F2F interview which was with the area manager and the branch manager. It was the branch that the role was advertised for. The interview did start late which I was a bit annoyed about.

Competency questions asked - 5 in total around the general company competencies.

Called about 1 week later to offer position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the YBS Group.
      What was the most difficult task you have faced and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Network Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society.

Interview

No one in their right mind would like to work for this manager who missed 3 appointments and is misrepresenting the facts (rather lying) when he says "he has advised he has emailed and text you but hasn’t received a response".

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager missed 3 appointments. No one in their right mind would work for this person.   1 Answer

Mortgage Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society in June 2015.

Interview

applied on line, then had a telephone call to arrange an interview. The interview was quite Standard usual competency based question and experience you've had. Really made me feel at ease and welcome, was probably one of the nicest interview I have had. Explained the role thoroughly and asked if I had any questions. Staff were also very welcoming and seemed very happy and a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a customer complaint/ what did you do to resolve it   Answer Question

Negotiation

asked what wage I would hope to expect ..so was honest and said how much I wanted ..and got it !

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

1 stage face to face with the Team Lead and Manager. Included a 1 hour technical test, followed by a 1 hour interview with both people. The test was lengthy and indepth.

Systems Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position via an agency and then had to complete my application online via the companies portal. It was a straight forward process and there are no unfamiliar questions.

Interview Questions

• There were a mixture of questions. They like to focus on competency based questions. Initially they ask about yourself and why you wish to change your job etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to go back to the recruiter and negotiate my offer.

Assistant Management Accountant Interview

Interview

First, it was an online application. The second stage was online tests both verbal and numeric . I made it to the next stage which was an interview and group work which lasted about 2 hours. The day was organised and I enjoyed it. However, disappointed that no feedback was provided despite requesting it. I was just ignored. It takes time, effort to prepare for these assessments. Also, money to travel as they do not reimburse travel expenses.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

It took two months from application date to arrange for a face to face interview. It lasted two and half hours including a test.

Two months after my interview I received the outcome. The entire process took 6 months. Very disappointing experience and glad I didn't go for the job in the end.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was formal but slighty offensive. They started well but things changed after 30 minutes or so. Not sure if questions are asked to any candidate or just salespeople.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.