Zalando Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 816 of over 816 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zalando

Featured Interview

Zalando

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando

Interview

Good structure and well-executed. There was enough information available at every step to understand the next steps. The type of interview was communicated to engage the interviewer correctly. The Interviews themselves were very structured. No nonsense of asking random questions on the fly and derailing the conversation. The interviewers were engaged at all the times and took interest in the conversation. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral with elements of Product Management methodology and tools.
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Zalando

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando

Interview

After the application I was given the assignment to do a test on codility. I didn't pass it so there's that. The test was 3 code challenges which needed to be completed within 105 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • I prepared a bit using the codility training tests but these code riddles aren't really my strong suit. I don't think it reflects our day to day job well but I understand why they are doing it anyway.

Zalando

Application

I interviewed at Zalando

Interview

I had 4 interviews on the whole. I was contacted through the email for the first time, then a phone call with the HR. I was selected for the second interview immediately on the spot. The second interview took place after a week with 2 buyers (case studies, some questions and PPT). Got selected immediately on spot once again. But for the third interview and the fourth interview, the scheduling took a long time like more than 2 weeks. I had the third and fourth interview together on the same day with the senior HR and the lead buyer. and it was completely opposite to the first 2 interviews. The HR questions dealt with understanding your fitness to the company and the lead buyer most of the time was not paying attention and was not professional at all (the lead buyer went off the screen several times in the middle of the interview while I was answering for dealing with the kids, to attend the door), The lead buyer even forgot about the PPT that they have asked me to prepare for the final interview and I have to remind about it. I got the result for the final interview in 3 days time through a phone call by the HR and it was a rejection. On the whole the first 2 interviews were very clear but in the final interviews they expect us to answer the way they want and they are very strict about it.

Interview Questions
  • What would be the biggest criticism that you have received? Have you given feedback for others? Do you think it is easy being sustainable? There are many assortments in Zalando but why do you want to work for this particular assortment? Some case study questions. What are your responsibilities at Zalando? What kind of environment do you prefer?

Zalando

Application

I interviewed at Zalando

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and the questions were reasonable. The questions were just based on a case study. They were interested in the new ideas as well. The interview started with a casual discussion about my previous experiences and professional work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Helsinki, Southern Finland, Southern Finland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando (Helsinki, Southern Finland, Southern Finland) in Jun 2021

Interview

Well structured but pretty long process, for me there were: hr interview (1h), home assignment(codility - 2h), interview with team lead (half technical, half team-match - 2 hours), 3 technical interviews as a final step (3h) and final hr call (about 0,5h). All steps have good structure and well prepared. People are friendly and trying to help (especially during the last long tech interview).

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Zalando

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando in Jun 2021

Interview

Yesterday was my second interview with a hiring manager of the Connected Retail department. The manager has been working in the company for four months. Artin wasn’t interested in my profile for the early beginning. Also, I had a feeling that he "HAS TO" do this interview and he is not looking for someone. During my presentation, he was doing some other things to underline probably how bored he is :). I still hope that I can not judge the company for one person, but it is quite different from the values Zalando promotes. I wish to see more empathy and leadership from the potential manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? What you think you will find the most difficult to work in Zalando?

Zalando

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando

Interview

There will an online coding round, followed by a Technical interview and once cleared will be having a 3 hour final round with 3 interviewers. Mostly on Java, System design interview, coding

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin)

Interview

Overall interview experience was ok. I enjoyed talking with the Zalando employees, however sometimes it was not a conversation, rather the list of questions which you are expected to answer, so pretty one-sided. With other folks it was quite an interesting conversation. What I highly disliked was the HR communication. I think it was one of my worst experiences so far, and I genuinely wonder why Zalando doesn't invest in it. Having my emails ignored for days, having received the wrong auto-replies saying "you are no longer considered for this position" and then 5 min after "wait, you are continuing further on" without any explanation or a follow up. I find it very poor. It neither gives an overall nice impression of the company nor a positive hint on how they treat their current and future employees.

Interview Questions
  • "Can you tell me about a situation when you needed to be/do ..." - type questions Standard interview questions

Zalando

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando

Interview

After an HR call. The technical interview took approx. 30 minutes - It was a 1-on-1 with the leader of one of the Data Science teams. Technical interview was basically: 1. Introduction (both sides) 2. Data Science questions (model focused)

Interview Questions
  • - What kind of projects have I deal with? - Describe Decision Trees - more questions regarding other ML models

Zalando

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Zalando

Interview

I applied via job portal. After 2 months, got a mail to complete a online assessment. It had 3 questions. Second round was with a software engineer, Feedback reg online test and general tech questions. Next, there were 4 final interviews. HR interview (HR seemed he's not interested and wasn't even listening to me), General tech interview (general tech questions related to microservices and a small code test), coding test (quite difficult one to complete in 45 mins), and system design interviews. Before final system design interview, HR sent a mail that I wasn't selected. But still I had the system design interview. There's no proper communication internally which led to few confusions. After all, received a meeting request for the interview feedback. But the HR didn't join the meeting. Overall, interview process was too long.

Interview Questions
  • Microservices and monolithic architecture
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland, Southern Finland

Application

Interview

Interviewed for a research engineer, was offered a software engineer position. I pointed out that this was not the job I had applied for (this was clear from the job ad I applied for and our email correspondence which clearly said research engineer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 816 Interviews