hipages Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 12 Mar 2019

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hipages (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2018.

Interview

There was a phone interview first then a tech challenge you have a week to finish it. After that got interviewed by 2 engineering managers and a tech lead as well as the CTO. However then got told the company decided to not increase the engineering team, so no offer. Was a quite strange response.

Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at hipages (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall interview process was good. But after the interview process, it is expected to get some response from interviewer either it is positive or negative.
    Got a call and email for interview a day before. I attended it on time. After interview HR did not had time to talk. it is going to be more than 4 weeks i haven't recieved any ack from them.
    I dropped an email to them enquiring the response but they (HR) did not reply to it.
    From my experience this was not expected.

Interview Questions

• Technical based questions,
      Resume based questions and,
      experience based questions   Answer Question

hipages Response

19 Mar 2017 – People & Culture Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear you feel this way. We aim to provide the very best candidate experience and would like to hear from you directly. Please reach out to... More

Sales Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hipages (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

From the first telephone screening to the end, the overall process was very pleasant. They were very friendly, laid back but still professional. The questions were quite intensive and thorough which gave me a lot of confidence in that the company has clear vision and direction. They made me feel relaxed and set me at ease. It was certainly a different experience from other interviews I had been through as I felt that the company was focussed on team work and obviously had a genuine interest in their employees.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hipages (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone conversation followed by an interview at their office. Two persons
    present, one in charge of the technical part another a hiring manager. Resume based questions, questions about current job with the emphasis on how things are in terms of work organization, how big the team is, how is communication within the team set up and so on. On top of that, a bunch of classical behavioral questions about deadlines, achievements and such.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe when you had to make an extra effort to meet a deadline and how you managed to do it.   Answer Question
    • What is your ideal day at work.   Answer Question
    • Why this company, how do you feel about the home improvement business.   Answer Question
    • What programming languages do you use at your current job, what tools.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at hipages (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of a preliminary phone call with the in-house recruiter, a take-home programming test and an on-site interview with two engineers in which I was posed technical challenges. There would have been further interview steps but I did not proceed to that stage.

The experience leading up to the interview, e.g. liaising with the HR manager, was extremely impersonal and slow. I was regularly promised responses within certain time frames that usually did not come until a week or two later making the entire process with only 3 touch points last over two months.

The take-home test was a fairly simple Spark programming task with some additional points for utilising containers to make the solution portable and adding contextual insights.

The technical interview was about solving a data querying challenge and proposing a solution to an ETL problem. The atmosphere was friendly and relaxed and I would describe the interview as fun. However, the interviewers seem to confuse knowledge of specific syntax and problems - which one may have incidentally acquired in past positions - with technical understanding and know-how, something I have come across often when being interviewed by technical staff.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions of the traditional format that would be of interest here. Simply things about past technologies used and the challenges described above.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.