hmv Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

hmv Interview Questions

Interviews at hmv

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hmv.

Interview

Meet staff then walk around the store to highlight the potential sales benefits that could be achieved and then one to one interview based on findings. Detail about store grade and what can be achieved in the future i.e. store layout plans, costs etc

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at hmv.

Interview

Good process, I felt comfortable enough to answer all questions despite not having a huge amount of experience, fairly relaxed compared to other interviews I have had but covered everything so I didn't have to go into the job blind. I was given the right opportunities to sell myself so I could show the skills I did have and demonstrate my passion for the media the store sells.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies outside of work?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ayr, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hmv (Ayr, Scotland (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had to go through a survey, featuring a small test about product knowledge and some questions about myself, which I submitted online. A few days later I got invited for an interview. It was just me and one of the store managers, who put me at ease almost immediately. I was asked about my previous experience, and some situational questions.

Interview Questions

• If someone came in looking for David Bowie products, and they already had all of his CDs, what would you recommend they buy?   1 Answer
    • In which section of the store would you find Michael Buble CDs?   1 Answer
    • Which games consoles can you buy in HMV stores?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hmv in November 2018.

Interview

First, there was a product quiz of about ten questions based on this year (2018's) best films and music. Then I was taken to another room to answer twelve very basic customer service questions. The whole process took about twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for HMV?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if someone looked a bit lost?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hmv (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Asked general questions about my CV and my interest in HMV products. Overall the interview was pretty chill and was simply checking to see that I hadn't lied on my CV and that I would fit in with the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hmv in November 2018.

Interview

The process started by having a group of interviewees on the shop floor to prove that they can handle customers in a face to face interaction. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview which was very easy, plain and simple.

Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hmv (Taunton, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied in November 2018, heard back about a week later inviting me for an interview. We were in a group and taken to the back office where we introduced ourselves and gave a fun fact, before explaining what our current situation was - if we were in college etc. We were then split into pairs and had to write down what skills we thought a good employee would possess.

After this we had to tell the panel what our favourite film was and why, then what our favourite superhero was. We then had to take an item from a box they gave us and try and sell it back to them.

I heard back about a week later and found I hadn't got the job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hmv (Boston, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Filled out online application form, was invited for an interview, was given a small quiz based on products that HMV sell and was then asked what would you do in a given situation etc , why you wanted to work for HMV ,was told that i would recieve an email/call regarding whether i had been given the job , never heard back from them

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hmv (Maidstone, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Online application. Then called in to have a face to face interview with manager and senior sales assistant/co-manager. Asked to pick ouy a favourite film and album and detail the choice as to why.

Interview Questions

• Why have you picked the album and film?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hmv (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Very cool interview. The manager was easy-going, we talked about my interest in music, my studies. I was nervous at first, but then very relaxed. It was very natural and I felt confidence because the manager was easy-going.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at HMV?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.