npower Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

npower Interview Questions

Interviews at npower

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at npower (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

informal discussion with the head of department about the role and my professional history. Recruited internally for the role but in the past have done assessment centres and numeracy and literacy tests for previous roles

Interview Questions

• it was pretty standard based around the internal company competencies   Answer Question

Negotiation

company car allowance, slight increase on base salary originally offered

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at npower in December 2011.

Interview

Very pleasant interview experience. Seems like it would be a nice learning environment. I was asked a mix of competency (when did you explain to someone something complicated in a simple way, how did you go out of your way to help a colleague...) and technical questions (financial instruments, asset valuation...). Even during the interview I felt as though the interviewer at one point was taking on the role of a mentor when trying to get me to give the correct answer. Had to do a presentation. Got positive feedback however they went with someone who they found to match their skills more closely.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at npower (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Extremely informal, to the point where hardly any questions were asked. Location was poor, as there were many people around. No privacy. Also, they did not go through my CV at all, as it was clear from what was being asked, and there was no structure whatsoever with the questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at npower (Worcester, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview one hour. Get to know you. Discuss your cv. A bit about yourself. Two hour face to face going through scenario questions - tell us when and how did you cope. Etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at npower (Solihull, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Online application followed by numerical reasoning test before being invited to interview. Standard 1 hour competency interview with 2 people on the panel.

I was told I would hear within 1 to 2 weeks, but still hadn't heard anything after 3 weeks so chased it up with HR and then heard nothing back from them after saying they'd get back to me. I had heard bad things about Npower before applying, but as I was really interested in the specific role I still went ahead and took the time to apply, complete the assessments and interview. Eventually, 5 and 1/2 weeks after my interview I got an email telling me I'd been unsuccessful. Luckily I'd been offered a better job by then anyway.

I find it's really poor on their part considering the time you spend applying to not got back to you properly. Well done Npower, as a provider of energy (before switching) you were shocking and as a potential employer you were also shocking!

Interview Questions

• General competency based questions : tell me a time, give an example of etc   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at npower.

Interview

The process was a face to face interview and presentation to the team manager and team coordinator. The interviewer was friendly and put me at ease. The process was fairly standard competency based questions plus a presentation on how I would deliver the required objectives of the role.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at npower (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

the interview was good enough, went for a job that i did not have experience by faith, no surprise that i did not get the role. But it is not a bad company to work for the higher you go the better the interviews become. they are more like conversations

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at npower (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was fairly standard. The panel was made up of two people. One of the women who interviewed me was somewhat helpful in making me feel at ease. But the other one was not. When I was answering the competency questions, she challenged me at one point by pointing out that my answers were not matching my experiences on my CV. I politely answered that my experiences were varied, and that there was no way I could have condensed all my experiences in my CV. I seriously wanted to tell her that the questions didn't specifically ask me to narrow my answers to experiences on CV as the questions were: Tell me a time when...
    She just made me feel unease from then on.

Senior Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at npower (Durham, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after almost 1 week, I was contact by HR and I was invited for a panel interview after 1 week. On the interview day, I waited extra 30 mins for my appointment but both interviewees apologised for the delay and they were very friendly. After the interview, I was contacted by the company the following week. I didn't get the offer as I was over qualified for the post.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a report and asked me to write an executive summary and answer some questions within 30mins. Then I had to represent my answers for like 10 minutes. After that I was asked regular interview questions related to the company, my experience and the critical behaviours of the company.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at npower in November 2018.

Interview

The normal online test, and the video recording for answering some of the motivational questions. Invited to join the assessment centre and it was quite interesting. There is group work, presentation through PPT, and individual assessment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.