120VC Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Oct 17, 2019

4.6
120VC CEO Jason Scott
Jason Scott
Pros
  • "The Project Management Standard as put forth by 120VC gives you the how-to knowledge to succeed as a Project Manager at any company(in 19 reviews)

• "For professional project/ program managers, working for 120VC will bring your skills and performance to the next level(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Doesn't understand differences between infrastructure project management and SaaS or COTS, but takes them on anyway; not delivering expected value(in 8 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be difficult to manage(in 5 reviews)

1. "Be the better version of YOU"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at 120VC full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great competitive compensation and benefit package (unlimited PTO - within reasonable planning) - Great for self-starter and self-driven individuals - Recruit the best of the best staff who LIVES 120VC values and matches well with the client's culture - No micromanagement and challenge team to be continuously improve - Awesome PLP/leadership program that is FREE and required for 120VC staff to participate -... Good structural and practical framework to learn Project Management for those who are early-on in their career - CEO is an amazing and inspiring leader

Cons

- There is a lot of materials to consume the first few months joining and can be overwhelming at the beginning on top of tackling the assigned project for clients - It is contract based work so client may change as often as every 6M to a year - Staff turnover occurs, some mostly hired by client - Remote teammates across US, minimal in-person interaction

Advice to Management

Grow and sustain a consistent leadership team may be the key to growing the company and fostering organization transformation change as a faster rate! Keep it up!

120VC2019-10-17
  2. "Truly Special"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at 120VC full-time for less than a year

Pros

- As a member of the 120VC team, you feel good about yourself. Expectations are high because ambitions are high. If you do your job well, you're contributing to what the world needs most: Leadership. - Every possible effort is made to enable you for success in your role: clear expectations, regular reviews, extensive training. - A chance to work alongside a dynamic leader. In fact, J. Scott just published a... book on leadership....it's outstanding. I don't know how he finds the time/energy. Incredible example.

Cons

Distributed team model makes it challenging to feel a kinship with your 120VC co-workers. However, it does make sense within a "servant leader" mindset, as you're a project leader at the client site, on behalf of 120VC.

Advice to Management

You're ready to scale up. The low-level details are solid and established. A stronger support system at the top might help 120VC to scale exponentially. Maybe a few senior-level operational people to help execute whatever it is to reach that critical mass point.

120VC2019-10-01
  3. "Ninjas of project management - 120VC is a great company for those who want to Transform business"

Former Employee - Project Leader/Scrum Master in Culver City, CA

I worked at 120VC full-time for less than a year

Pros

While searching for my next role, I discovered 120VC and their Project Leadership Program (PLP), personally led by the CEO. Their training is a true Master class in leadership and change management that the company offers to every potential and new employee. Upon completion, I went straight to work on projects with one of 120VC's premiere entertainment studio clients. The CEO and management team is of the highest... integrity, personally cares about each individual on the team, and ensures their professional development. Great benefits for a consulting firm too, for example, unlimited PTO which you can take advantage of between projects to celebrate your achievements and recharge for the next big adventure.

Cons

None, personally an ex-cel-lent experience!

Advice to Management

"Keep on being cool, honey bunny" (Tarantino "Pulp Fiction" movie reference)

120VC2019-08-11
  4. "Great Culture"

I have been working at 120VC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is my favorite part of 120VC. I have never worked somewhere where every team member is so engaged & positively transparent with each other!

Cons

None right now - really enjoying it

120VC2019-05-15
  5. "Project management consulting in the Bahamas."

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 120VC full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Really great client portfolio. - Not a stiff consulting firm. - Great benefits. - Unlimited time Off!! So long as projects are on target and client is happy. - Super-driven CEO who is very collaborative with the team. - Free GrubHub meal expense reimbursement.

Cons

- Must help ensure you are staffed or utilized. But that’s at any consulting firm. - They are working on 401k match.

120VC2018-06-30
  6. "Great company values"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at 120VC full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great client list and some large enterprise projects/programs.. - Invests in their project/program managers with internal training classes and coaching. - There are bonuses available for business development achievements that can add up to a thousands

Cons

- No person or company is perfect but 120VC is really trying to live out their values. - No matching 401k

Advice to Management

- Keep putting people over profits - Embrace agile manifesto

120VC2018-02-05
  7. "Expanding Our Services"

I have been working at 120VC full-time

Pros

120VC is always looking for ways to create greater efficiency and increased productivity for our clients, but now we're doing it for ourselves. In 2017, 120VC is improving their core systems and expanding their service offerings to leverage technology in providing our services and solving more business challenges for our clients. Innovation is what we're all about and this year we've turned inward to improve our... operations. It's nice to be part of a company that is constantly evolving and improving for the benefit of its people and customers.

Cons

High healthcare costs and no matching 401K program are challenges, but leadership understands that challenge and realizes the only way to overcome them is to grow the company. So there's a big push for growth so that these programs can become a reality.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding our service offerings.

120VC2017-08-04
  8. "Inspiring and Growing Culture"

I have been working at 120VC full-time

Pros

The team has worked together over the past year to create a brand new culture, there was already team work and great care for each member of the team, but now there is an even stronger sense of passion and drive to grow the team, build within and help each other. 120VC has such an infectious atmosphere, that you can't help but get excited and it's only growing. Proud to be apart of it all.

Cons

Just keep on growing.

Advice to Management

Continuing to be transparent.

120VC2017-07-27
  9. "Compensation and salary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 120VC full-time

Pros

I believe 120VC offers very competitive salaries, and has a clearly laid out roadmap on how to progress through the different positions and titles. Each of these comes with salary increases; but you have to earn it. They also offer several incentives where there is a potential to earn additional compensation. The benefits are reasonable for a smaller company

Cons

I really can't think of anything specific.

Advice to Management

Continuing growing the company in an effort to offer better benefits, and more opportunities.

120VC2017-05-25

"Excellent culture!"

I have been working at 120VC full-time for less than a year

Pros

They truly function as a great team and see the value in everyone's contribution. At 120VC everyone works well independently and cares about being a quality team member. The passion everyone exudes for 120VC is contagious and it is truly a unique company to be a part of.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. I'd love for us to grow to more of a global presence but 120VC is on the right track for that to happen!

Advice to Management

Continue to keep up the transparency and guiding team members to be founders of the organization!

120VC2017-04-18