Anheuser-Busch InBev Reviews

3.6
Anheuser-Busch InBev CEO Carlos Brito
Carlos Brito
1,196 Ratings
Pros
  • "Good culture and work environment wise(in 91 reviews)

• "Meet great people, make great connections with(in 66 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No work life balance, hectic deadlines(in 82 reviews)

• "Sometimes long hours due to unnecessary meetings(in 67 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Disaster Recovery Manager roles

8 May 2021 - DR and Crisis Manager in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent pay and high performance working culture

Cons

I dont see it as a call out

Sr. Specialist

Thank you for your great feedback and working with us, keep up the good work!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Experience entirely depends on the manager

10 May 2021 - Devops Engineer II - BrewDat in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Exposure to business. 2. Huge scale of the technology, so you get to learn a lot. 3. Flexible benefits 4. Good culture 5. Company tries to do a lot for people. 6. Pay is good (compared to other service based organizations. )

Cons

1. They could support education loans for contract of years of working. 2. Lately a lot of hiring is happening of service based organizations. the managers that jump in are trying to get their working culture to the system. This alienates the people who are fine with flat hierarchy. two years back, we used to have discussion and learn from our directors. After my SM joined last year, I haven't seen my director. I meet my SM once a month. This creates the hierarchy which is never the aim of the organization. 3. the IT infra could be better. I got my laptop two years into the organization. I understand the org used to be BOYD but then they made it that you can't access the mails on the your personal device. Only option is the browser. 4. Jumping between positions in certain teams are tough. I have been doing the same thing for past two years. The change is far from me. 5. The managers need to plan better. A lot of time, even they don't receive clear instructions from their leadership.

3 people found this review helpful

Sr. Specialist

Thank you for your detailed review. As we strive to continuously improve and challenge the status quo, we are always looking for feedback from our people. We appreciate your comments and have shared them with our teams.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fact-paced Organisation

9 Jun 2021 - Human Resources Manager/People Partner in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have spent less than a year at AB InBev, but my experience so far has been amazing. The organization gives me the opportunity to take ownership for critical tasks and deliver on a daily basis, the hierarchy is flat, you can reach out to anyone at any time for help and you get to learn a lot from your peers. I really like the fact that everyone working at ABI is able to relate to the organization's strong principles and gets to exercise them on a daily basis. The work culture allows you to thrive under pressure and also gives you the chance to gain a cross-functional understanding.

Cons

Since it's a fast-paced organization, things might feel overwhelming at times. One is able to adjust to this or not and get past it is totally dependent on the person and what they like doing.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good but not everybody's cup of tea

30 Mar 2021 - Manager, Finance and Accounting in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Can safely say that it provides amazing opportunities for high performers 2. Culture is fun & super chilled 3. you will realize the real importance of networking once here 4. Extraordinary performance means Extraordinary rewards too, company brilliantly recognizes and rewards high performers.

Cons

1. This company is not meant for you if you are an average or poor performer. Its a space only for high & extraordinary performers. But that's ok, not all companies believe in growing and developing people. This one hires you only if you are already a pro of what you do and continue to do so. Career growth here is facilitated through projects/frequent internal movements but those will not be served in your plate. You have to constantly and consistently hunt for opportunities. 2. At times management is biased towards premium B-school hires. (Even if management doesn't discriminate, you will find groupism among employees from premium B-school hires and other will feel alienated) 3. Horrible work life balance. Its true that all companies have messed up one..this one is next level. But if you can survive that, you grow here for sure. Extraordinary performers are rewarded extraordinarily too. 4. Company doesn't have an ERP. employees practically do everything on excel. So good luck if you are wanting to enter into Finance. 5. You survive here only if you perform, else forget job security.

5 people found this review helpful

Sr. Specialist

We’re glad to hear about your experience working with us. Thank you for your review.

5. 4.0

Best for Technology enthusiast

12 May 2021 - Quality Manager in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks, leaves and flexible benefits. Got exposure to several new tech stacks which are brand new in the market per se as well as worked on new projects from beginning phase. The thing I like here most is – Sense of Ownership. Interacting with various stakeholders, vendors and global counterparts. We get real entrepreneurial experience to lead the initiatives and business at the organizational level. Open discussions and thoughts are valued in my tower "BREWDAT" and each idea is given the chance to develop. Lots of learning and vertical growth opportunities in the team. The major focus is on Test Automation and building reusable Frameworks using the latest tools. Various online training and certification are also provided. Member's contributions, hard work and deliveries are appreciated and recognized. Amazing rewards for high performers and Extraordinary deliveries.

Cons

Some teams work in silos. Certain approval is a lengthy communication process that delays the deliveries and the variable payout was a challenge due to the pandemic, hoping to see better days.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst job ever

15 Jun 2021 - Data Scientist in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Salary 2. 1200 every month for beer.

Cons

1. Management is so rude that you would wants to leave in a month after joining. 2. They have hired possibly the worst managers in the country. 3. So much duplicity in work. They literally have teams within the company fighting to prove they are better than others. They work on exact same problems to prove they can do it better. Leadership knows about it as well. So you can imagine what a big joke upper management is. 4. They keep asking for feedback , no action is being taken. time lines are so absurd. 5. Keep you busy with some non sense work even if there is no work to do. 6. Targets and bonuses are the worst in this company. 7. IT is a big joke. They expect you to get your own laptop for work. If you don't have one they ask you to rent one or it will take months to get a company laptop. And they are biggest brewing company in the world.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome place to work and Grow

16 Jun 2021 - Manager Taxation in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Organization allows great pace of growth to meritorious employees

Cons

Extreme work pressure and lack of work life harmony

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Paymaster

11 Jun 2021 - Senior Program Manager II in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Paymaster Allows movement to different verticals/teams within the company

Cons

Chaotic management though it depends on which team you are in

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Mm

13 Jun 2021 - Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance r. Is not god

Cons

Salary is also not good

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

10 Jun 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back culture Feedback is valued Fun peer group

Cons

Old mindset of some folks in leadership Data is not properly managed

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,113 Reviews