Baxter Reviews

Found 2,606 of over 3,300 reviews

3.9
Baxter Chairman and CEO José (Joe) Almeida
José (Joe) Almeida
Pros
  • "Work life balance is maintained here(in 167 reviews)

• "Nice place to work with good benefits(in 148 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work Life balance is very difficult(in 116 reviews)

• "Long hours at times can be difficult(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 11, 2022 - Research Associate III in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is excellent here especially for women's its a great place to work. Company is more focused on employees development and provide opportunities to develop personally and professionally.

Cons

Rewards and Recognitions to be improved.

Continue reading
    2. 5.0

Good Place to Work

May 26, 2022 - Senior Principal Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very Flexible Company. Company HR team try to understand the employees requirements.

Cons

Depending on your Manager, you work culture will be different.

3. 5.0

Really Best Place to work

May 22, 2022 - Associate in Ahmedabad
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good package, Culture, Diversity, Canteen ,Transportation ,Leadership

Cons

Nothing Everything good here only career growth could be improved

Baxter Response

Thanks so much for the review. #ThisIsWhere we appreciate and value your feedback as an Associate in Ahmedabad. We loved your comments regarding leadership, compensation and benefits, and our culture and diversity, where Baxter believes a diverse and inclusive workplace can drive innovation and create trusted partnerships. Our performance and career development approach is driven through A.C.E., which sets the expectation that employees have monthly Check-Ins with their managers specific to feedback and development. We recommend you speak with your manager regarding this and set our clear deliverables. Thanks so much again!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast pace, lots of opportunity and growth potential

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Baxter is a fast paced, intense environment with a lot of opportunity for high performers to grow in their career and experience several aspects of the business (depending on what function you work within). It's very results driven, with freedom to try new things and "fail fast, fail forward" - meaning that we view failure as a learning opportunity and a means to a positive end.

Cons

Change is a constant, which isn't for everyone. Also, like any matrixed organization there are often levels of approval needed to get things done. With that said, there is a focus on simplicity and innovation which can mitigate these aspects.

Baxter Response

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We especially loved your comment regarding the freedom to try new things and the "fail fast, fail forward" approach, a substantial part of our agile methodology at Baxter. We believe that by quickly finding the failures, we can determine a new approach and optimize our solutions. We also hear your point regarding the constant change, especially in the last few years with the pandemic and the Hillrom acquisition. But certainly agree that we are always looking at new ways of simplifying, aligning and optimizing the way we work. Thanks again for the feedback. #ThisIsWhere we appreciate it.

5. 4.0

Nice

May 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work life balance environment

Cons

not good for early career

Baxter Response

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that you have a good work-life balance. We are not sure what you mean about not good for an early career as we have many initiatives in place to support our interns, graduates and early career professionals as well as our Early Career Professionals Resource Group which we do recommend you join as there are plenty of opportunities to network. Please also discuss this with your manager in your next ACE check in as these are important discussions about career development. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Baxter is a Best place to work

May 6, 2022 - Senior Manager in Ahmedabad
      Business Outlook

Pros

Baxter's mission of Save & Sustain lives, along with Ethics & Compliance is everything we do is what the most important aspect that connects me with the organisation.

Cons

Baxter as a brand needs to be endorsed more locally in India.

Baxter Response

Thanks for the review and for recommending Baxter as a Best Place To Work. We are so proud that Baxter continues to be recognised worldwide and especially that we received this award for the second time in India. Thank you also for highlighting Baxter's ethics and compliance; our success is founded on our personal accountability for results & integrity. We have also noted your point on endorsing the brand locally and will convey this back. Thanks again for the feedback.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good

May 12, 2022 - Software Developer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work and personal life balance

Cons

No no no no no

Baxter Response

Thank you for being a part of our teams in Bangalore for over four years. We appreciate you highlighting our work-life balance, and thank you for everything you do to support our Mission to Save and Sustain Lives.

8. 5.0

Baxter Pharmaceuticals India PVT LTD

Apr 25, 2022 - Senior Director, Manufacturing Operations in Ahmedabad
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best Place to work & GPTW accredited from last 2 consecutive years. Mission of saving & sustaining lives Values of Patient Safety & Quality, Industry leading performance & Innovation People development, Ethics & Compliance & everything we do.

Cons

MNC grades & Titles not comparable with local pharma company, thus difficult to attract & retain talent. Although role based organisation & comparable compensation to employees is better than others.

Baxter Response

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We value your feedback and are incredibly proud that you mention the Best Place To Work, especially as 2022 marked the second time India earned the prestigious Great Place to Work certification. We feel fortunate to work with great people in a great culture. Ethics and compliance are instilled in everything that we do and reinforce that it is every employee's personal accountability to ensure Ethics and Compliance in Everything We Do. Thanks for your point on the cons. We will be sure to convey this back. Thanks again for writing this and for being a part of Baxter for over 4 years.

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work, Good Learning

Apr 25, 2022 - Principal Software Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Environment Pay Scale New R&D Technologies Lot of Flexibility on new challenges acceptance

Cons

Work tightly Short deadlines Too Many projects handle at same time.

Continue reading

Baxter Response

Thanks so much for the review and for recommending Baxter as a Place To Work. Your feedback as a Principal Software Engineer in Bangalore is important to us and we especially love the mention of the working environment, compensation and benefits, flexibility and the new R&D technologies. We also understand your point about the too many projects at the same time and the forward planning which we will be sure to convey back. Thanks again!

10. 5.0

Decent place to work

Apr 25, 2022 - Analyst in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Good amount of opportunity if you ask for it 2. Greater autonomy of ones task 3. Didn't face micro management 4. Decent salary as per market 5. Embrace hybrid model of work 6. Great work-life balance 7. Feel valuable as a team member, but this depends on the team.

Cons

1. Not much cultural activities for employees - but company is trying hard to go back to pre-covid level in terms of activity.

Baxter Response

Thanks for the review write up. We loved reading all the pros you mentioned at #LifeatBaxter, especially Baxter's compensation and benefits, the hybrid working model, career opportunities and autonomy. We also understand your point regarding cultural activities, and we hope that this will happen soon for all our employees as we cannot wait to meet up with everyone again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,606 Reviews

Baxter Reviews FAQs

Baxter has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 3,300 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Baxter to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Baxter employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Baxter. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

78% of Baxter employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Baxter 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Baxter Job Seekers