Best Version Media Reviews

Found 363 of over 517 reviews

4.2
Best Version Media Chief Executive Officer Kevin O’ Brien
Kevin O’ Brien
Pros
  • "BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment(in 106 reviews)

• "Be a publisher with unlimited support throughout training, all the way up to Dave Durand the CEO(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pay is based on working 20 hours a month, but to produce a high-quality magazine, it takes much more time(in 49 reviews)

• "Same old trouble with "sales people (publishers)" who are unreasonable(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

LOVE working with the BVM team - amazing opportunity

Apr 20, 2021 - Publisher in Wilmington, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with BVM nearly 4 years, and have achieved financial success greater than any previous job/career! My schedule is flexible and as long as I "get up and never give up" I have continued success! Dave Durand is an amazing CEO, and our entire leadership team is top notch. We have so much support and people wanting us to succeed. Amazing culture . . . so thankful for BVM, it has changed my life!

Cons

You need to be disciplined, motivated, and willing to work hard to achieve huge success.

6 people found this review helpful

Media Relations

Thanks so much for the review! BVM offers entrepreneurs a flexible work environment and an award-winning culture unlike anywhere else. We're thrilled to hear about your continued success and we're grateful to have you on the team!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good

Sep 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work culture and work life balance

Cons

Can't find any that was not good

Thanks for the review!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company and people

Oct 13, 2021 - Administrative/Clerical
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for. Very professional yet compassionate. The integrity of the Management is outstanding. I would recommend working for Best Version Media as they are one of the BEST companies around.

Cons

I have no cons with this company.

Media Relations

Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review! We're so glad you're enjoying your time working with BVM.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Challenging yet rewarding

Oct 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Best Version Media has been a rewarding challenge. The fast paced environment never makes for a dull moment and the constant need to improve mentality and streamline processes is a welcomed challenge. Above all, the people are really what make this company. Moving back to a hybrid schedule in the office has been great getting back to seeing everyone!

Cons

Because of the fast paced environment and things constantly evolving there does tend to be burn out especially with working from home. You feel like you can never turn off and deadlines are always tight.

Media Relations

We appreciate the feedback and we're happy to have you on the team!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best place to work

Oct 13, 2021 - CFS Manager of of Internal Operations in Brookfield, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rewarding compassionate exhilarating work environment.

Cons

There are none at BVM

Media Relations

Thanks so much for the great review!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Compassionate Leaders Help You Become Your Best Version of Yourself

Sep 23, 2021 - Magazine Publisher in Phila, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

BVM has an excellent training program. If you follow it, and can self motivate and focus, you can make a very good salary and even gave free time and a flexible schedule.

Cons

No salary until you make minimum sales to support the magazine for at least a year—usually takes 2-3 months. You must be self disciplined, motivated and hungry. The better you focus, the better you’ll be.

Media Relations

Thanks for the review! BVM offers training, resources and a flexible work environment to help our people find success.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

solid company but not so progressive

Sep 23, 2021 - Ad Coordinator in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO, friendly coworkers, office parties and opportunities to socialize, weekly shout outs and positive attitudes from management, generous pay and benefits and easily maneuvered benefits and pay portal, handled remote working excellently.

Cons

Not outwardly LGBT friendly or trans friendly (no talk of pronouns/ universal inclusion of pronouns in conversation), they host publications all over the U.S. so their political stance is extremely neutral/ sliding conservative. Supervisors validated my clearly communicated interpersonal work issues but never took any action, way more of a "sales" world and involved appeasing sales people, meaning you get treated disrespectfully often and can not take any action. It's a normal occurrence but worth noting if it's not something you want to tolerate. Also, there are two sides to the business, Digital and Print so if you want to advance or try new things there are a limited amount of roles to try. The company is great about keeping you on no matter your ambitions but do your research to make sure there are a few paths here you'd ever like to investigate.

Media Relations

We’re always grateful to hear feedback about our workplace culture. We offer an inclusive environment that’s welcoming of every person we work with. While our magazines avoid topics that can be considered political in nature, we proudly feature diverse families and individuals every single month across the communities we serve. Our rapid growth as a company has allowed us to promote from within on countless occasions. Hard work truly pays off here and our leaders do a tremendous job of recognizing the dedication that our people exemplify. There’s always room for improvement, so we will use this feedback to continue making BVM a great place to work for everyone.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

The best culture!

Sep 7, 2021 - Graphic Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Amazing coworkers and management. The design department feels like a giant family. We enjoy spending time with each other, and supporting each other in our work. We've had a lot of fun outings and themed food days over the years. * You get to work independently on your projects, though there is always assistance if needed. * This company truly understands work/life balance and flexibility. *They found a way to innovate and keep the company strong during a pandemic. I feel very grateful to be able to count on this company for job security. * Every year, they find a way to step up their game and do more for their employees. This year it was our first production team conference, which was deeply appreciated. *Overall, seriously a WONDERFUL company!

Cons

*At times it feels like designers are often the first resource members of teams rely on for information instead of their own department supervisors.

Media Relations

Thanks for the awesome review! Our award-winning Designers help create beautiful monthly publications for our readers to enjoy. We're so grateful to have you on the team!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The culture is unmatched!

Sep 2, 2021 - Graphic Designer in De Pere, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great community of people who encourage you to do better and work together as a team. There are so many resources if you have questions and anyone is more than willing to help out when needed. I feel very supported in my position. Leadership is also very personable and approachable with any question or concern.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of yet!

Media Relations

Our goal is to provide training and endless support to help our people find success. We're so happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for the great review!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Don't do it, baby!

Oct 6, 2021 - Content Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and set own hours

Cons

Hard work, sometimes grueling, little financial rewards for the content coordinator, who is also the writer, resident interviewer, and editor, plus always the proofreader for many rounds for each publication. The idea of calling your editor, often the only person trained in the English language and in copyediting, a content coordinator, says it all. This company cares about sales by Publishers, but, imagine if they valued editorial content and paid a living wage to their talent, too?

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Specialist

Content Coordinators enjoy a flexible schedule that allows them to earn additional income for their writing. This role is very important to our business and we value the talented writers who contribute to our magazines each month. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to improve the opportunity moving forward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 363 Reviews