Best Version Media Reviews

Updated 8 May 2021

4.4
Best Version Media Chief Executive Officer Dave Durand
Dave Durand
Pros
  • "BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment(in 106 reviews)

• "Be a publisher with unlimited support throughout training, all the way up to Dave Durand the CEO(in 71 reviews)

Cons
  • "The pay is based on working 20 hours a month, but to produce a high-quality magazine, it takes much more time(in 49 reviews)

• "Same old trouble with "sales people (publishers)" who are unreasonable(in 33 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"LOVE working with the BVM team - amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Publisher in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with BVM nearly 4 years, and have achieved financial success greater than any previous job/career! My schedule is flexible and as long as I "get up and never give up" I have continued success! Dave Durand is an amazing CEO, and our entire leadership team is top notch. We have so much support and people wanting us to succeed. Amazing culture . . . so thankful for BVM, it has changed my life!

Cons

You need to be disciplined, motivated, and willing to work hard to achieve huge success.

April 20, 2021Media Relations

Thanks so much for the review! BVM offers entrepreneurs a flexible work environment and an award-winning culture unlike anywhere else. We're thrilled to hear about your continued success and we're grateful to have you on the team!

2. "Good"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I worked at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

Nice work culture and work life balance

Cons

Can't find any that was not good

October 5, 2020Media Relations

Thanks for the review!

"I can’t stop smiling"

Current Employee - Publisher in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

If you follow the training and honestly work 40hrs a week you can easily build to making a very stable mid 6-figure yearly income. If you are a top performer, reread the headline of this review. You get paid well for your time and efforts. Very stable income.

Cons

1st-You have to make yourself work. They don’t give you a boss to make you work. 2nd-Their training program works, unlike other companies that give you theory and expect you to be creative and invent new and better ways to do your job. So if you are the type of person that enjoys trying every other way to do something other than the way you were taught or to prove your employer wrong, you will become frustrated to find that the company actually taught you the best way to be successful at this job during the initial training. This is because the leadership has done the job. 3rd-It’s not multi-level-marketing. Instead of enlisting your friends and family to do the work so you can make money by sitting on the sofa, you actually have to work. 4th-You have to be nice to people that are nice to you and you find yourself smiling most of the day. 5th-You can’t work evenings and weekends, only during normal business hours. If your the type of person that has to work 80hrs a week to make the same amount as we do working 40hrs you will definitely find this job frustrating. I took up bee keeping to fill the void. Searching now for my next hobby.

April 26, 2021Media Relations

We love hearing from our amazing Publishers! The BVM opportunity offers entrepreneurs unlimited income potential as well as training, resources and ongoing support. Our dedicated leadership team is committed to helping every person we work with find success. Thanks so much for the detailed and positive review!

4. "For the Entrepreneur who Wants to Excel"

Current Employee - Publisher

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is an entrepreneurial person's dream job. We have flexibility to manage our daily schedules - along with our own earning potential. I love the BVM culture, the opportunity for growth, the emphasis on helping everyone succeed. We receive ongoing coaching, there's always a person or resource to help through different business situations, and each publisher looks to learn from each other. I also appreciate the emphasis on work-life balance here. The work is tough and our schedules are full, but we are able to enjoy weekends, vacations and family time.

Cons

You really have to maintain a positive attitude because this is a daily sales business. This is not a company where someone can "hide" from doing his/her job. It takes a lot of work and diligence to build and maintain a successful magazine - and publishers cannot let up.

May 4, 2021Media Relations

We love hearing from the dedicated entrepreneurs who enjoy working with us as Publishers! The BVM opportunity offers an award-winning culture, incredible growth opportunities and a work-life balance you won't find anywhere else. Thanks for the awesome review!

5. COVID-19

"Tremendous Opportunity"

Current Employee - Publisher in Abbotsford, BC

I have been working at Best Version Media part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started as the writer and took over the magazine after I saw how much the community liked it. This opportunity brings value to the publisher, business sponsors and residents. Residents get to know each other and business sponsors show their support for the neighbourhood and connect with the residents in a meaningful, family-friendly meduim. For the publisher, it's a great way to bring value to the community and keep a good work-life balance. I also work with a nonprofit, and I can devote time from my week there while also working as a publisher for my magazine. BVM has been terrific to publishers and sponsors during COVID. They quickly pivoted with remote presentations. BVM has shown great compassion toward my business sponsors throughout the pandemic too. BVM is fun to work with and very positive. Their training and support are really good too. This opportunity has allowed me to create an income stream which has helped my family greatly. The sky is the limit. And BVM has room for publishers who want to run one magazine and others who want to run several. Overall, the culture is positive, fun and forward focused. It's a great opportunity for people who will put in the hard work it takes to be successful.

Cons

To be honest, the biggest "con" is that it's hard work. It takes intentionality, consistency, perseverance and resilience to initiate with so many people.

March 17, 2021Media Relations

Thanks for leaving such a detailed review about your experience working with us! Our goal is to offer training, resources and support to help every one of our Publishers build a successful business. It's a challenging yet rewarding role that offers entrepreneurs the exciting opportunity to bring a beautiful magazine to their community each month. We're grateful for the feedback!

"Best Version Media is Truly The BEST!"

Current Employee - Publisher in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

BVM has the most positive business culture of any business I've ever known. Everything is extremely positive in all they do. They provide all the tools in their training to become as successful as you could ever want to be. They continually keep providing ongoing support as well as training to always be the best at what we do. We are all in constant contact with others in the company from the top to the bottom to stay informed and up to date on all the latest resources to keep doing a better and better job. Their compensation for what we produce and provide has virtually no limits. They are simply the best company to work with above all others! It is the most rewarding job ever!

Cons

Reality is that BVM provides all that is needed to become very successful but each person working with them has to do their job and do it well. You must be self disciplined and consistently do what is required as part of the deal. It's important to follow the plan laid out by BVM as it's provided. You must be very motivated to be successful, as it should be.

March 12, 2021Media Relations

Thank you so much for the review! Our goal is to offer support and training to help every one of our Publishers build a successful business in their local community. Through hard work and commitment, we truly believe anyone can find success working with us.

"I never plan to retire"

Current Employee - Publisher in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company provides great training and support but also the magazines are enjoyed by the residents and appreciated by the sponsors. Connecting people and local businesses in a positive way is what our country needs, now more than ever.

Cons

If you don't have a strong work ethic and personal discipline, this job is tough. No one can do the work for you. You have to prospect, make the calls, fill the calendar with appointments and then do the presentation so that the local business owners can see the value in connecting with that particular neighborhood.

April 15, 2021Media Relations

Thank you for the positive feedback! We strive to offer continuous support and guidance so that all of our people can find success through dedication and hard work. We truly believe anyone who is up to the challenge can build a successful business while working with BVM. We're grateful to have you on the team!

"The best decision ever"

Current Employee - Publisher in Chester, NJ

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

Autonomy, financial, personal, professional freedom. I determine my value and pay myself accordingly. Culture, fellow Publishers and friends I've made.

Cons

Requires an entrepreneurial spirit, mind-set and discipline. To some that is a con but a requirement in order to achieve goals in this role.

April 29, 2021Media Relations

Thanks for the review! BVM Publishers have the exciting opportunity to earn unlimited income as they build their own business.

9. COVID-19

"Very impressed with this company"

Current Employee - Publisher

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked in corporations both large and small, as well as owned several businesses myself. My experience working with Best Version Media has exceeded all expectations. The organization runs like clockwork with systems for everything - yet nimble enough to adapt to challenges and adjust when necessary (covid being a prime example). The training and support is world class. The company culture is uplifting, fun, principled and humble. Simply put, this is one of the best kept secrets out there. If you value growth, flexibility and community, this could be the opportunity you're looking for. It was for me.

Cons

If you need someone to chase you around and hound you to get your work done, this might not be for you. The autonomy we have is amazing, but with that comes a responsibility to be disciplined about setting and working your own schedule. Intrinsically motivated (aka self-starters) will love this.

March 17, 2021Media Relations

Thanks for the great feedback about working with BVM! The Publisher opportunity has tremendous potential for self-starters who work hard and stay committed to the program.

"No Other Place Like It!"

Current Employee - Publisher in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BVM offers the best support, the most training & the highest commissions in any industry

Cons

There are no downsides to working with BVM!

April 27, 2021Media Relations

Thanks for the review! We're so happy to hear you enjoy working with us and have been able to provide for your family. BVM offers uncapped earning potential for entrepreneurs who want to start their own business.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 335 Reviews