Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews
86% would recommend to a friend
(8324 total reviews)
Horacio D. Rozanski
92% approve of CEO
Found 8,324 of over 9T reviews
Updated 5 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and the pace is very slow for those that like to work at a slow pace." (in 813 reviews)
- "Great people and energy at work" (in 618 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance and very flexible when it comes to work location for off client site." (in 544 reviews)
- "Good pay and the people I work with on a daily basis are great." (in 264 reviews)
- "Interesting work and Great culture" (in 247 reviews)
- "Salaries are low and unequal." (in 234 reviews)
- "Poor management particularly with career and reporting managers who rule with an iron fist." (in 227 reviews)
- "Career Managers and senior leadership don't seem to care what happens once you're placed on a project." (in 196 reviews)
- "Hope you get a good Manager and not someone who's there because of their title." (in 153 reviews)
- "Upper management seems disconnected from client" (in 56 reviews)
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW14 Jun 2023Senior Master SchedulerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsWarren, MI
Great pay, benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, more), and opportunities to grow your career through training and developmental jobs (6 months to 2 years, trying out a new job/position).
No real cons. Every now and then you'll come across a manager who isn't very good, but that happens anywhere.2
- 4.028 Apr 2022Project ManagerCurrent Employee
Benefits are very competitive Very military friendly company
when you're contract ends you have to find work. They keep you on the bench (pay you to look for a couple weeks, depending on seniority) which is nice, but like any contracting company, it's feast or famine.
- 3.05 May 2019GMCFormer Employee
-Interesting projects in public sector -Attempt to diversify biz capabilities in the region (data science, cyber) -Still some brand equity for the "Booz Allen" name (even though most of it has been absorbed by Strategy&)
-Generally very poor leadership that is strongly Lebanon-centric (just ask anyone what happened in late 2017) -Only go after projects with long implementation phases -No strong presence outside key public sector areas. If you want to develop a capability or sector expertise outside of this, good luck. -GMC capability only in MENA... this is not a global firm for consulting in any way1
Relevant posts in this industry
A community for Consulting professionals across companies
My firm underwent a large round of layoffs, and I was part of those cuts. Now unemployed, applying for jobs - I see a job postings for my exact title and role in the same city. To add to the madness, my team only cut at the junior level. Should I: A: Apply as a joke B: Write a strongly worded email C: Move on with my life
In a role where I have to be strategy / problem solver and also delivery focused. In addition, manager always assigning new work, changing priorities week to week, and not always clear on what my role and responsibilities are. Been proactive in navigating these waters but tips on how to work with a manager like this?
Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews FAQs
Booz Allen Hamilton has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 8,832 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Booz Allen Hamilton to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
86% of Booz Allen Hamilton employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Booz Allen Hamilton 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.