Head Digital Works Reviews

Updated 23 Apr 2021

4.5
Head Digital Works CEO Deepak Gullapalli (no image)
Deepak Gullapalli
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Overall good company"

Current Employee - Frontend Developer

I have been working at Head Digital Works full-time

Pros

good working environment, good location, good staff

Cons

no ownside for new comers

2. "Amazing company to work for"

I have been working at Head Digital Works full-time

Pros

Great Work life balance, and very employee friendly

Cons

Nothing that i can think of

3. COVID-19

"Best Workplace"

Current Employee - Senior CRM Executive in Hyderābād

I have been working at Head Digital Works full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working with HDW for close to two years now. Having started my career at HDW, it has been the best place to learn wide range of subjects and skills within a very small timeframe. Career Opportunities: Team Managers were very kind enough to shoulder responsibilities that are generally not given to any Freshers. The kind of trust that the management placed on me helped me try, fail and learn from multiple experiments I conducted. My learning curve and skill sets were enriched here. I was also promoted, given awards from the CEO. There is no dearth of opportunities at HDW. You are rewarded equally for your contribution.

Cons

I can't specify any negatives about HDW. There are areas of improvement and HR Team and Management actively collects employee feedback and implement changes to make HDW a conducive place to work. Compensation and Benefits: The company offers packages as per market standard. It also recognizes work of the best performers and rewards them well. Medical Insurance, PF are some of the standard benefits that the company offers. Cab facilities for women (if working beyond 8 PM), Shuttle facility etc. are provided as well. Culture and Values: The company takes care of its employees well. During the pandemic, when WFH become a mandate, it provided office furniture so that we could work comfortably at home. If on rare occasions, we need to work on holidays, food is provided by the office and it is compensated with a holiday or paid. It is always fun to work. You can play games in the Pantry or have lengthy conversations on a cup of coffee. We are never over-pressurized under any circumstances. Work-Life balance is well maintained. Senior Management: There is no hierarchy. The senior managers are approachable and kind. They are patient to listen and provide excellent mentorship and support. I never felt any hierarchical difference between Juniors and Seniors. The work culture is very open. Diversity & Inclusion: Most of the employees are localities and speak Telugu. But having said that, there are people from all backgrounds and states. There is no discrimination against anyone. People aren't biased on race, gender etc. Overall, I am happy to work at HDW.

4. "Best Workplace 👌"

Current Employee - Senior CRM Executive in Hyderābād

I have been working at Head Digital Works full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started my career with Head Digital Works. It is by far one of the best workplaces. I have been working with HDW for close to two years now. Career Opportunities: My Senior Manager and Manager placed a lot trust on me and gave an opportunity to work on responsibilities that generally are not given to Freshers. I was allowed to experiment, fail and learn. The Gaming Industry is evolving at a very rapid pace. Everyday we are challenged to solve a new problem. So, it is fun to work and learn so many things in a very short period of time. Senior Management: The work environment was very open and there was no hierarchy. Right from CEO to any Manager, all of them are approachable, kind, had patience to listen. I never felt any hierarchical difference between Juniors and Seniors. Culture and Values It is always fun to work. You are not pressurized at any moment and can enjoy playing Indoor Games or have lengthy conversations with a cup of coffee in pantry. On occasions when we are expected to work (although this is rare), we are compensated with a holiday or paid for it. Food arrangements are made as well. The company has always taken care of its employees. The company values hard work, performance and innovation of employees. They are well rewarded for their work. Work Life balance is well maintained. There is hardly any day when I have recieved work calls after office hours or on weekends. The Leave Policy is good enough. Fun events are regularly conducted to make the work atmosphere a jovial one. There are many employees who are working since the company's inception. Their loyalty is a testimony of company's work culture and values. Compensation and Other Benefits: The compensation is on par with market standards. Medical Insurance, Shuttle Facilities, PF are some of the benefits that are offered. The hikes are good. Diversity and Inclusion: A lot of employees are localities of Hyderabad. But having said that, there is a mix of people from all states and backgrounds. I have never witnessed Gender, Racial or any other bias at any point of time. Company provides opportunities equally to all the employees. Overall, I am happy and privileged to work at HDW.

Cons

I don't have any specific cons to add. Every workplace has some or other areas of improvement. I am happy about the fact the HR team and management continuously take feedback and work on them. Every feedback shared by employees is positively taken up and addressed.

Continue reading
  5. "Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Head Digital Works full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome Culture. Work Life Balance. Friendly people. Great learning opportunities. One of the best organisation I have worked in.

Cons

Nothing found in this organisation

6. "Good Environment"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād

I have been working at Head Digital Works full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly Environment Nice Fun Events Good Hikes Free to learn many new things

Cons

No Transportation, No other cons

Continue reading
  7. "Best Place to work!"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Hyderābād

I worked at Head Digital Works full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

there is a nice, young, and vibrant culture at head digital. lots to learn and explore

Cons

No cons to think of

"Management is like government officials"

2.0
    Former Employee - Module Lead in Hyderābād

I worked at Head Digital Works full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not much of workload Good work life balance

Cons

Most of the employees are Telugu speaker. So there is kind of racism type environment where Telugu people are at the centre of everything Legacy code and technologies Do not have great environment for learning

9. "Nice"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hyderābād
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Head Digital Works full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very fun place to work win

Cons

Too much fun night not be good

10. "Good management"

Current Employee - Facilities Lead in Bangalore

I have been working at Head Digital Works full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to work with

Cons

There is no cons here

Viewing 1 - 10 of 98 Reviews