Ipswitch Reviews

Updated 8 Jun 2019

3.9
Ipswitch Chief Executive Officer Michael Grossi
Michael Grossi
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is very good and the generous PTO time works out to be much better than any(in 15 reviews)

• "In addition to great benefits that are offered, the people at the company really make it a five star company to work for(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "New management team within the last few years have put in new processes and set expectations that have already delivered profitability and growth(in 6 reviews)

• "With new CEO, things got very "coprporate" feeling(in 6 reviews)

"This is the place you dream about working for when you graduate from school"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ipswitch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ipswitch Corporate is situated in the ultimate location in Burlington, MA, where it overlooks route 95 and Cambridge st. It's connected to the building that Microsoft is in, which offers FREE access to their gym to all employed in these buildings. The views are spectacular - beautiful sunrises in the morning, clear view to Boston, and planes navigating to the Air Force Base. The culture at Ipswitch is unrivaled by the way they interact with each other. Caring, thoughtful, kind, inclusive, and energizing people certainly motivate you to go way above and beyond while doing your work. There is a generous benefits package that includes the best healthcare, dental, education, time off and bonus that I haven't seen in quite some time. They offer free drinks, snacks, and catered lunches and get-together at various locations to help strengthen the collegial bond that really was the core of the culture. All levels of management were very approachable and attentive and would help you sort out any issues you were facing whether it was work or personal based. Every department has amazing team members who genuinely care for their work and their colleagues. I've never seen anyone sitting alone at lunch. This was a rock-star team of smart and creative individuals who met and exceeded their business and personal goals.

Cons

They sold out to a public company called Progress Software.

Ipswitch2019-06-08
  2. "Great company to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - SQA Engineer

I have been working at Ipswitch full-time

Pros

Great Company and innovative product

Cons

career growth is very minimum

Ipswitch2019-04-30

"Case Study Turning a Company Around"

Current Employee - Other in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ipswitch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to work with people who care about the company and its mission. The product team delivers a lot of creativity to some otherwise very mature products. Office and facilities are very nice and facilitate collaboration. Work/life balance is very good and the generous PTO time works out to be much better than any “unlimited vacation” policy I’ve had. Bonus structure is very good too. Current leadership is very good and clearly has what it takes to drive consecutive quarters of above-target growth. They are laser-focused on the health of the company and have done away with many things that held us back and will invest in things that take us forward. Small size make it easy to hop aboard and, once you know the ropes make a significant impact. We’ve also seen a few veteran employees do the same and mend broken processes.

Cons

I give Ipswitch 5 stars based on how things currently are. 2+ years ago the company way in a much weaker place. Leadership seemed more focused on fighting political battles than actually getting business done and we suffered as a consequence. Lots of bad and ego-driven decisions were made in that period and some of those continue to hinder the company… but at this point, no more so than any older company. But at that time, we were all just punching the clock and working for the weekends. Company competes in a very mature marketplace , so it can be less exciting on that front.

Ipswitch2019-03-22

"Marketing"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Ipswitch full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, minimal politics

Cons

No direction, Product lagging behind competitors, Losing marketshare

Ipswitch2019-03-29
  5. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

5.0

I have been working at Ipswitch full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with the company for over 2 years and have seen some pretty amazing things. The company works hard to make sure employees have a fun and engaging environment. They support their employees well and I feel the benefits provided keep us motivated. I started out in a lower- level position and with hard work, was able to prove to be a valuable member of the Ipswitch community. As such, I was rewarded for my hard work and dedication by a position change into a department I love. Ipswitch recognizes hard work and does a great job of enabling their employees.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is communication between departments. It is a work in progress with visible improvements, though.

Ipswitch2019-02-13
  6. "Great company, great benefits, profitable and growing"

Current Employee - Research and Development in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ipswitch full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at Ipswitch for 6 months. It's better than I had expected. The company really cares about its people, with great benefits, great salaries and a generous bonus plan. We just had a week where everyone in the company flew into our headquarters in Burlington MA for a huge yearly kickoff, with a party at Fenway Park, a party at Tavern in the Square and other fun activities. We have products that generate consistent, steadily growing revenues and we're building interesting new cloud products with the latest technologies. I'm having fun.

Cons

Burlington MA is a difficult commute for those who live north and west. You need to come into the office early or late to avoid the traffic. Although we have lots of free parking, so there's no problems with that.

Ipswitch2019-02-08
  7. "Wonderful company to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ipswitch full-time

Pros

In addition to great benefits that are offered, the people at the company really make it a five star company to work for. I absolutely love my teammates and look forward to coming in each day to collaborate and engage with them to see how we can delight our customers. The company is on track to success with the amazing leaders that we have in each department, and I really feel like Ipswitch will only be getting better!

Cons

At times, we could use some more energy on the sales floor. We still have some more work to do to when it comes to departments working together and being on the same page with each other, but that is improving each day and I know we will get there.

Ipswitch2019-02-07
  8. "Ipswitch makes me feel appreciated"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ipswitch full-time

Pros

I love working for a company who is always thinking of ways to show appreciation to its employees. They are always thinking of new ideas to keep work fun and fresh, whether its an after-work event, fundraisers, community service, yoga, or even on-site visits from Expresso Dave. Even more important than those perks, our benefits package is incomparable. I love this company and I am more than grateful for my employment here.

Cons

It's hard to say no to cupcakes and pizza.

Ipswitch2019-02-07
  9. "Great Work Atmosphere"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Sucess Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ipswitch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great office with tons of perks (Starbucks coffee machines, unlimited snacks, paid lunches) Fun Staff with approachable management/C-level employees Innovative Product Management Team - never stop creating/developing Open Office Setting Occasional Company Paid Events Volunteer work/ Charity contributions highly encouraged

Cons

Poor communication among cross-functional teams

10. "Energy!"

5.0

I have been working at Ipswitch

Pros

Lots of strong momentum lately around our products and progress in a bunch of areas! Focus on the customer, strong financial results, and a fun environment.

Cons

Still some work to do to bring divisions together. Progress made recently but it is hard completely turn around 25 years of habits.

Ipswitch2019-01-26