New Relic Reviews

4.6
New Relic CEO and Founder Lew Cirne
Lew Cirne
Pros
Cons
  • "I think NR has a ton of growing pains right now(in 42 reviews)

• "I don’t think it’s systemic and seems to be concentrated in San Francisco and Portland(in 12 reviews)

1. "NA"

2.0

I have been working at New Relic part-time for less than a year

Pros

Goods behaviour ,good staff for opportunity

Cons

Behaviour good working environments good

Continue reading

"So wonderful and motivating!!!"

Current Employee - People Team

I have been working at New Relic full-time

Pros

Lots of potential. If you are exploring a company with solid integrity, strong leadership, superb values, grow your career, making a difference to customers, colleagues and community then this is the place. Leadership is always willing to listen, is humble yet will stretch you. Our VP leads by example, challenges us to do our best and always focused on what’s best in the current and as we grow. This seems to be the similar to my observation of other leaders here. Some exciting new products launching soon.

Cons

Some employees are out of line lately. Have been very rude, self centered, assumptive and wanting attention. I don’t think it’s systemic and seems to be concentrated in San Francisco and Portland. Maybe by hiring more remote and mature people will change this behavior.

3. COVID-19

"Honored to work here"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

These are the best people I've ever worked with - hands down. Everyone I have the privilege to engage with has the most incredible work ethic and appreciation for their team. Leadership is guiding the company through a transformation that will redefine our business and our standing in the market. We have the resources, the motivation, the leadership, and the commitment to make these the best years in our career - and everywhere I look, I see people taking that opportunity and running with it.

Cons

There are pockets of people that seem to be taking their stress from life, Covid, work, and all else - and projecting it onto the business. It's a bit distracting and does a disservice to a company that goes above and beyond to show a commitment to it's employee's happiness and well-being. It is -at the end of the day- a business. In a capitalist economy. The chatter I hear seems to want leaders to embrace a different economic model and be 100% aligned to their very specific political view. This is unrealistic and unfair.

Continue reading
  4. "Great coworkers, lots of promotion potential"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Relic full-time

Pros

-Great product that customers love -Lots of internal promotions -Great, casual culture -Atlanta office is not a boys club like most tech sales environments tend to be

Cons

Some growing pains and political disagreements within the company.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very collaborative culture. Employees can ask questions of management without fear of retribution. Software centric approach to data

Cons

Not so much a con but there's a rising threat from newer players in the APM market. As a result, New Relic is in the process of restrategizing and repivoting to address this threat and competition

"Great company strategy, Changing culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Director

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am very proud of the products we've built. It's an amazing experience to work on a product that you use everyday in your job. New executive leadership is driving a massive improvement in our company strategy and I am enthusiastic about our future.

Cons

New executive leadership is fundamentally changing the culture of the company by eroding work-life balance and conducting re-orgs without regard to employees' job security. New Relic has been known for its exceptional company culture, but it is now more like the average tech company.

7. "Good, Solid company with bright future"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sydney

I worked at New Relic full-time

Pros

the products will be relevant for a very long time

Cons

growing pains, kinda crowded market

8. "Fantastic Company!!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sydney

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

- They set you up for success, really clear messaging from management. - Great team to draw knowledge from. - Company perks are what you expect from a company like this.

Cons

None that I can see

9. "Truly Unique"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

I haven't been with the company long but I could tell beginning with the interview process that this is somewhere I'd like to be long term. The culture is amazing, everyone you meet seems to be very genuine and cares deeply about the companies mission and vision.

Cons

The initial training/workload can be daunting.

Continue reading
  10. "Great company, Great culture, solving big problems"

Current Employee - Director, Enterprise Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great, industry defining company - Solving huge business problems with the largest companies on the planet - Amazing culture, founded by a Canadian (Lew Cirne) - Great market cap and opportunity - Value lead sales process and organization - Everyone has your back and rowing in the same direction

Cons

- none whatsoever, the onboarding experience was amazing too! Nothing bad to say

Found 447 reviews