Opencare Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Nikolai Bratkovski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Working with such an amazing group of people

Cons

Need a professional development program

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Opencare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- An extremely efficient team, minimal redundant process
    - People here are really smart and genuine, very good at what they are doing, love to share, trust each other. They are one of the major reason that I am happy at work every day.
    - A very diverse team so you can learn a lot of interesting things from them
    - Founders are open, transparent, honest, leading the team towards a good direction

Cons

- Things are less structural, less organized
    - People are self-starter so if you need a lot of guidance then probably here is not the most suitable place for you
    - High pressure, fast pace, come on, it's a startup!

Advice to Management

- Please continue to keep the transparent, open and honest culture, open to new /different ideas.
    - We can only perform at our best when we feel the lowest level of threads and be able to speak up. It's important that we can continue to learn from failure, instead of hiding them and only BS about the shiny achievements.

3. "Positive & engaging workplace and team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Opencare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- An extremely thoughtful team that is committed and excited about the problems we're trying to solve in healthcare
    - Culture fit is a top priority. Everyone on the team gets along. Definitely makes coming in to work a lot easier when the people you work with are not only really smart but you genuinely like them as people and want to hang out with them outside of work
    - Lots of cross-team collaboration
    - Supportive leadership team
    - Clear company goals and alignment
    - Cosy (open) office space
    - Healthy snacks

Cons

Opencare is still a relatively young startup with a younger team. But with that being said, what people lack in experience they make up for in their due diligence with research, talking to others in the industry and data gathering through testing.

Advice to Management

- Continue being transparent and honest about the business
    - Try and maintain the high standards for hiring
    - Continue building out long term strategy and plan

Basically...keep doing what you're doing!

4. "Amazing place to work"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

A team of incredibly smart and committed people. It's an amazing place to grow and be a part of something exciting.

Team emphasis on data, and adapting business flow based on that data makes it a very stimulating and constantly changing environment to work in.

Rigorous hiring process centered around culture means that everyone in the office is really humble, approachable, and open to communication.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

5. "Exciting place to be!"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Opencare is a terrific place to work with intelligent and like-minded people, working together to make an impact on how people interact with health care! If you enjoy tackling challenging problems and making a difference, Opencare presents a fast-paced environment to try and do just that.

Cons

Be prepared to get your hands dirty from day 1.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, you are pointing this team in the right direction!

6. "Great environment to grow"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Incredibly smart and talented team, full of humble and sincere people
    Founders are invested in your growth and push you out of your comfort zone
    Company is working on meaty problems that can have a very positive impact
    Team is constantly looking for ways to improve processes and evolve to increase productivity.
    Very rigorous hiring process means that we bring on not only talented people but also people who are a great fit with our company culture

Cons

Still a relatively young team, so processes are always evolving. Need to be able to thrive on change.

7. "Sales"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

-Dynamic and vibrant start-up with the most intelligent team I've ever been a part of
    -Founders are very thoughtful in everything they do and completely transparent with the rest of the team. Lines of communication are open and they are always looking for feedback and advice.
    -Huge growth opportunities from a development and career advancement perspective
    -Smaller teams make it easy to understand every aspect of the business and the direct impact you have in your direct role and to other parts of the business
    -Work closely with management to improve roles, processes, targets
    -Flexible startup culture allows for flexibility with work schedule and working remotely
    -Fantastic open-concept office space, more and more perks as company grows.

Cons

-small team and high growth means you have to wear a lot of different hats and step outside of your role sometimes... not for someone looking for set instructions or a stagnant role
    -constant growth also means constant reflection and constant changes in terms of goals and targets.
    -limited resources can mean that we are unable to do everything we would like to try right now.. this is constantly getting better with efficiency and additional resources

Advice to Management

-couldn't be more excited to work for such a smart, well-rounded company!!
    -keep being laser focused on thoughtful, data-driven growth
    -amazing job taking care of your employees and not losing sight of employee happiness and work-life balance while maintaining a fast-paced growth mentality
    -continue to be mindful of balancing the growth of the company with growth in processes and mindset, esp in terms of outlook and planning.

8. "Truthfully the best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Opencare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extreme focus on culture and employee growth. Founder 1-on-1s have been incredibly helpful in discovering and improving areas of both strength and weakness.

100% genuine, intelligent, drama-free employees. Everyone is here to work to the best of their ability.

Constantly challenging the “right” way to do things. Problems of last month become strengths the month after.

Cons

The only con to working here is length of meetings since everyone has lots to share. Actively trying to work on succinct communication & meeting style.

9. "Unlimited personal and professional growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Opencare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best place to work in Toronto to grow as an individual and as a professional. Get to work with people smarter than you and learn new things on a daily basis.

Cons

You have to be prepared to give the best of yourself at all times, this is not an easy ride.

Advice to Management

Thank you for enabling such a great company culture and for setting an high bar for ourselves. Keep up the great work!

10. "Best place I've ever worked"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Without exaggerating, this is by far the best place I've ever worked. The team is exceptional, and you can tell that the founders have spent a lot of time carefully hiring each member. The work here is meaningful and exciting, and the growth-first culture has made me a better person and a better professional. The pay is great in both salary and equity, despite being a relatively early startup (we are well funded). The founders also preach work-life balance very heavily and encourage a focus on your personal life/family/taking vacation.

I would recommend this place to anyone, if you can get past the hiring process :)

Cons

There are not many cons. If you need a lot of direction and want a hands on manager, this may not be the place for you. There is a ton of autonomy and individual ownership, and the managers are more of leaders/coaches, so some might struggle if they have a hard time with self-direction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Opencare is the biggest hidden gem in the Toronto tech community.