Proptiger Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 March 2019

4.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "6- Though the company belongs to start up industry but work culture & environment is as good as a MNC" (in 23 reviews)

• "Great people with good work-life balance" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "You may not have work-life balance" (in 17 reviews)

• "Appraisal is bit lower apart from that no cons" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Very fair and transparent company"

Current Employee - Customer Relationship Officer in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Customer Relationship Officer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Proptiger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Processes are clearly defined and followed
    Biases are easily eliminated with right people and process interventions
    So much fun environment, good job done by HR
    This company means business

Cons

Nothing so alarming. You just need to get your act right. Sluggish behaviour may not be tolerated.

"Suffocation!"

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Proptiger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flipkart vouchers given on occasions.

Cons

This post is mostly relevant to people looking to join the HR team in Proptiger. Have you also heard of Proptiger HR team has something wrong in their culture? I had heard similar things and ignored because I got desperate. Remember whoever joined Proptiger HR Team, they got really desperate. Join here if you want to spoil your CV. Please don’t think of it as a time-gap arrangement because trust me it’s not worth it. There’s something more than fishy in here.

WORK-LIFE BALANCE -
    When you go to their careers page, they have very clearly written what they expect. Here it goes:

“At Proptiger, people blur the distinctions between play, work and creativity every day. At work, we don’t count hours; we are busy attacking challenges. We don’t notice if it is day or night, black or white or blue”

They literally mean it. They have absolutely zero work-life balance. Fact of the matter is, most of the folks there don’t even have a passion and if you do have a passion, you will forget it after joining there. They tell you it’s a 5-day working week but the CHRO himself will check if you went office or not on a Saturday. Even if you have to be away from your Laptop on a Sunday, you have to write a mail saying you will not be available. They called me on the evening of my birthday for a review call when I clearly told I won’t be available and didn’t even wish me. That’s how much they care for you.

SUFFOCATION -
    The review calls, the conference discussions, the meetings - they’re so bad that they will make you feel suffocated. You will find people reading your emails and answering the calls on your phone in your absence just to “link” you up with other guys/girls just to be funny. The team offsites - worst part about them is that you have to pay around 10-15k per trip from your own pocket. They try to sell it saying you’re getting to o for 25k worth of a trip for like 15k. First off, who even wants to go? If you say no, they take your case. You will get multiple rude calls. If you want to be in their good books, you HAVE to go. Also, they’re very sarcastic and they gossip a lot and they try really hard to be funny.
    They are very frugal. They will bog you down with so much irrelevant, operational, mundane and non-productive work - like forcing employees to fill some random surveys, like tasting food from 3-4 vendors for employee engagement activities but zeroing down on the vendor that is the cheapest price wise. You will have to hire a lot every month and if by any chance your region doesn’t have a lot of hiring for the month, they will use your bandwidth for other regions. If at all you manage to stay beyond six months then you get to see the appraisal cycle. They will fight for every rupee during initial negotiation and tell you your salary will be hiked soon. They will set unreasonable goals for you to achieve a 5-star rating. No one has ever received a 5-star rating and hikes are useless. To add to all of this, they also fire people by manipulating with their own policies. There is so much micromanagement and favoritism that you have to be a bootlicker of the CHRO if you don’t want to be fired.

Conclusion - Everyone is always so overworked in Proptiger because they are understaffed to suffocation. They are understaffed because of high attrition. High attrition is because of the bad work-culture and ofcourse also because they don’t pay well. It’s a cycle. You will see HR folks leaving in less than 6 months which says a lot.

Advice to Management

They will not accept advice because they will have some excuse to justify themselves. They are highly dependent on excuses to current employees about what happened in the past. They are full of lies.

3. "Excellent on-boarding Experience & good people Managers"

I have been working at Proptiger full-time

Pros

felt very good to join an organization where caring is one of the key pillars

Cons

nothing as such. training provided is also very good

4. "Great company"

Former Employee - Data Entry in Noida
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Noida

I worked at Proptiger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The working environment & employee are great.Its fun to work there. I have worked at Noida branch.

Cons

Salary is too less.Should look forward to that

5. "Senior Relationship manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Domlur
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Domlur

I have been working at Proptiger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can earn good incentive but hire and fire policies

Cons

Work life balance - nill

6. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Noida
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Noida

I worked at Proptiger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Company to work in India

Cons

No Cons at all in this company

Advice to Management

Already all good practices are there

"Excellent Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Executive in Noida
    Current Employee - Senior Executive in Noida

I have been working at Proptiger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work culture and work-life balance
    Great people with good work-life balance
    Great Place to Work Certified
    Timely salary
    Strong HR
    Fantastic employee engagement programs
    Awards and Recognitions on national level

Cons

Appraisal is bit lower apart from that no cons

8. "Corporate Slave , pathetic Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Noida
    Former Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Noida

I worked at Proptiger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing pros found
    Salary on time

Cons

No weekly off
    Work like machine
    Too much politics
    HR is Null
    Poor Management

9. "Great place to create your Real Estate Base in Kolkata"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Kolkata
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Kolkata

I worked at Proptiger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Place to Work Certified
    Timely salary
    Good incentives
    Strong HR
    Fantastic employee engagement programs
    Awards and Recognitions on national level

Cons

Team managers love butter
    Month ends are pathetic
    PIP policy keeps on changing for employee to employee
    Pathetic business pressure
    Long working hours
    Politics within the team

Advice to Management

If you start to work on a plan, give it time to fruit the results. We were becoming the monopolist in Secondary market..suddenly you plan to close the vertical. And kindly hire people from Real Estate not from other streams who come in and ruin the environment of a Great Place to Work.

10. "Looking for a good career in HR? Join PT team"

Current Employee - H R in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - H R in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Proptiger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with PT has been a game changer for my career. There are lots and lots of things one can learn here. The person should just have that zeal of learning.
    I have been working here for more than an year and it has been a roller coaster ride.

There is no firing until you are a super non performer. Managers and the entire team is very supportive, ambitious and educated. It’s not easy to get through the interview as we are very selective in terms of who we want us to join. There will be bad days, but there will be lots of good days as well.

Yes it’s true that we really work hard, we don’t follow the system of working from 10-6 because that is our call (an individual’s call)
    Nobody asks you to stay for long and work late. Neither they ask you to work on weekends. They want results. Give them results and you will be happy forever.

Pay scale is good.
    Salary is always on time.
    Every festival is celebrated.
    Views of every individual matters.
    Team goes to offsites, parties, movies.
    This organisation invests in you, helps in your growth. Moreover they are always supportive professionally as well as personally :)

Cons

I really do not find any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good work