Proptiger Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Proptiger Reviews

Updated Oct 30, 2019

3.8
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance can get a bit tricky but it can always be managed(in 19 reviews)

• "Appraisal is bit lower apart from that no cons(in 13 reviews)

1. "SDE1"

I have been working at Proptiger full-time

Pros

Amazing work culture and life

Cons

No cons as of now

Proptiger2019-10-30
  2. "Good to go"

Former Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Bangalore

I worked at Proptiger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart player in real eastate

Cons

No job surety, every six month you be replaced . They have plan that not to give any Incentives

Advice to Management

Stick to basics

Proptiger2019-09-26
  3. "Good Company to work with"

I have been working at Proptiger full-time

Pros

Cool Environment, Great culture, Supportive staff

Cons

No time management, Work & life balance issues

Proptiger2019-09-15

"Great Place to Work..!!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Proptiger full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work culture is great it feels like a family at Proptiger & excellent support from the Mid & Top Management.

Cons

Nothing as such, we are here to build and grow with the organisation

Proptiger2019-09-03

"PropTiger is a great place to work."

I have been working at Proptiger full-time

Pros

One of the best places to work at. Highly motivated colleagues and management makes it a great learning curve.

Cons

Work life balance can get a bit tricky but it can always be managed.

Proptiger2019-08-29

"Amazing experience till date"

I have been working at Proptiger full-time

Pros

very good management, very nice policies,

Cons

promote more worklife balance, rest is ok

Proptiger2019-08-25

"company has great culture and values"

I have been working at Proptiger full-time

Pros

great coordination between departments, amazing processes, cordial relationship, helpful HR

Cons

have more outings every month

Advice to Management

nothing

Proptiger2019-08-25

"A growing organisation with pro-employee policies"

I worked at Proptiger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In over four years of my term with the organisation, I have experienced absolutely no setbacks or negative behaviour towards the employees. The growth opportunities are ample in some of the sections. It is a good organisation in terms of compensation as well as employee policies. Every core department in the organisation, including Finance and HR are prompt to address issues.

Cons

The organisation has in the past five years acquired over three organisations. Although this a positive move for the organisation as a whole but in my opinion, it fades away the brand identity of PropTiger. Till date I have to introduce the PropTiger as a company that acquired Housing and Makaan. The most unhappy phase of my time with this organisation has been the layoffs that happened in 2017. I hope that is... never repeated here. Also, certain processes are insisted to sit at the Gurgaon office. Their are passively threatened that by not coming you might lose on your presence in the organisation that could have a rippling effect on your ratings (increment). In some cases people are given an option to either move to Gurgaon office or leave the organisation.

Advice to Management

I think the company needs to bring in a positive environment as many still live in the fear that 2017 might be repeated again in the future.

Proptiger2019-08-26

"TABP role - as bad as the Real Estate Sales role"

I worked at Proptiger

Pros

Coffee machine in office (Just to complete 5 words)

Cons

First of all, the TABP team structure itself is flawed. 1. One very important thing they hide during the interviews is that they are a real estate company hiring sales staff from non-real estate industry ONLY. Why would a person from Banking (or any) Industry want to switch to Real Estate (plus eCommerce) industry unless they are underperforming at their current job? The pay is not competitive at all. The... company culture is very sales heavy and how many ever good leave policies are introduced, in the end, the approver of the leave is the employees manager himself. While the HR has a strong say but not stronger than the business call (ofcourse!) Sourcing candidates at the said salary range from non-real estate background and preferably from Banking Sales background with above average English communication skills and ready to work on weekends (Here week off is on Tuesdays) for a full time field job with crazy targets, also speaks the regional language, also knows the city well, also good at convincing people already seems very difficult. There's no external consultant support so you personally have to call 300+ candidates everyday in order to complete your hiring targets for the month. The TA part is just very tiring and mundane. You cannot expect a good polished resource to do both TA and BP work together with so much attrition. Basically, you're just doing B2C sales which sounds like recruitment. They will sell the TABP role off calling it a "challenging role where there's lots to earn" but I'm so frustrated to even talk about it anymore. Also, I think its unethical to hide all this in the interview. While organisation wide HR strategy is good, TABP Team Strategy is flawed and the fact that the CHRO and his one down are unable to build a proper team where atleast 90% of the team stays with them for atleast an year and does so proudly and happily proves the flaw. I agree cost optimisation is a great idea, but if you don't pay and treat your people well, they're not going to stay with you. They fire quite a lot of people as well which dismiss entirely thinking this attrition was involuntary. Why did your hire the person you just fired? In HR team, there's no place for such a high percentage of involuntary attrition. It simply shows that they're not good at hiring culture fit people who will not think about them the way I do.

Advice to Management

Strong leadership required in HR Team (This is advice to the CEO)

Proptiger2019-09-29

"Life of a TABP - HR"

I worked at Proptiger full-time

Pros

You can learn to handle people because you get to deal with different species altogether, however I would consider this as a learning as its not easy to deal with everyone. The HR has some stand here. You dont always do what the business says. HR does fight for the right thing, which is why the policies and processes are very strong here. If not always but definitely 70 out of 100 times, the HR steps to support.... There is an open door policy, especially in HR team. People do hear you. Frequent parties are mood saver. They definitely light up your mood and once you are in a party mode with the team, you end up being yourself and nobody judges you for that matter.

Cons

No work like balance, reason being there is no working hours You are forced to go to offsite and moreover you have to pay by your pockets for that offsite. Not much of learning for a recruiter as you would only hire Account managers for rest of your life. The management says that we always promise our people high pressure. But actually this pressure is not required at all. Sales hiring is not a big deal. They... also say that we have never hired anyone in this team or atleast don’t wish to hire anyone who measures his/her success by the number of hours spent at work. But what if you only spend your time at work? Apart from that, you will have no life at all. And people who are working there will actually agree but obviously no one will point a finger on it.

Advice to Management

No point saying anything. Next year you would have a different team again with only 4-5 similar faces

Proptiger2019-09-04