Found 2,572 of over 3T reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Frequent Layoffs and Unstable Job Security" (in 168 reviews)
- "HR n many other departments work like Indian Government officers(Slow & with bad management ethics)" (in 119 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to other MNC" (in 66 reviews)
- "All the proofs are in form of emails from the abusive manager, messages from the abusive manager." (in 53 reviews)
- "No bonus and promotion recently" (in 46 reviews)
- 1.022 Nov 2023Staff EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Excellent workplace with good benefits (till the time you're in)
Job Security: Inconsistent; hiring and firing dynamics create uncertainty. They follow the principle of 'hire today & fire tomorrow'. I saw many such lives suffer. Roadmap: Lack of clear project roadmaps poses challenges. Management: Unfortunately, management falls short of expectations. Technology: Significantly lags behind current industry standards. Competitors: Minimal competition due to non-alignment with market needs. Product Development: Overreliance on HDDs, slow delivery of new products, and discontinuation of promising projects due to budget constraints are prevalent issues. Future Outlook: The management seems disconnected from a forward-looking strategy. Regrettably, Seagate has lost the brilliance and vibrancy it once possessed.
- 3.01 Nov 2023Mechanical EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
- Relatively good compensation - Good work life balance
- Mechanical engineering work is not challenging enough - Nature of work is a little all over the place. Would have helped if the work was a little more focused and structured.
- 2.012 Jun 2023Staff Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPune
1. Pays above industry standard in Pune. 2. You can talk well to survive, no need to work. 3. If you are good with your manager, you can take indefinite wfh. 4. Can get paid much above industry standard if you are excellent in 2 and 3 above.
1. If you work hard you will get fired. 2. Product roadmap changes every week, not in months or years. 3. You will be stuck, if you can't talk, will get fired some day for sure.1
- 3.022 Jun 2023Manager Human ResourcesFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsPune
- Friendly work environment - Process driven -Work life balance. One can manage vacations at will :) - Good compensation and benefit - Good quality of work
- Promotions by chance - Unfair employee recognition - Lower Total compensation when compared with competitors particularly VLSI/ DT/ Software - Frequent lay offs with less logics..as they rehire again :)
- 3.022 Jun 2023Staff EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsPune
Salary structure is good. Technology exposure is good. Company policies are good.
People mindset is not good. They are very lethargic, feel and work like its some govt dept. Least bothered about how technology is changing.
Seagate Technology Reviews FAQs
Seagate Technology has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 2,939 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at Seagate Technology to a friend and 32% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.
56% of Seagate Technology employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Seagate Technology 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.