Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 426 of over 426 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seagate Technology

Seagate Technology

Application

I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

I was asked if I was familiar with some of the stuff they are working on. Seagate is a storage manufacturing company with headquarters in Fremont, CA. Seagate manufactures data storage devices and has branches worldwide.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the project you've worked on.
    Answer Question

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

I went through two interview rounds. The first with the superior I would be working with and the second with someone higher-up. From what I was told, that was the last round. I was rejected with an automatic email, without receiving any feedback whatsoever. Considering the fact that I took the time to apply and prepare myself for the interviews, I find this approach by the company very disappointing. I think it takes around 5minutes to inform a candidate why they were not chosen, specially if they're one of the two/three left.

Interview Questions
  • My internship was more so policy related so I received a lot of 'thinking questions', political in nature and I was asked about my opinion quite often. The interview only later moved on with questions regarding studies and experience, but not at all formulated in the expected, cliché way. I'd say quick thinking and charisma will help. Studied answers will not. One of those - be yourself - moments.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Seagate Technology

Application

I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

Applied online through linkedin then received an email for an interview. The interview is through microsoft teams due to covid. I had to book a timing for the interview which was straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY)

Interview

Two 1 hour interview ( one with hiring manager and another with a senior engineer of water sustaining engineering team). Both of them were asking technical questions mostly based on my resume and they were very friendly. After 1 week, HR emailed me to send all my visa/passport, started background screening via third party company and even informed me that she is working with the manager to get all the details of the offer ready and then she will share the details of the offer with me. After two weeks of that, I contacted HR, no response. Contacted hiring manager multiple times and the manager mentioned every time that they are trying to see if they can support international student with visa sponsorship. I know visa sponsorship is a big problem to hire international student. But if you are not sure if you can sponsor international student, why you will go through interview process, background screening process?? Also directly say that you cannot hire international student right now. Why don't you clear out this to the interviewee?? This was very unprofessional from a company like seagate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Seagate Technology

Application

I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

First is coding test. In the email it said we were given 1 hour. During the test, it was 30 mins. Try to be consistent please. Second round is video interview. They were very unprofessional during the interview. Apparently it's ok for them to turn off their camera while I have to turn on mine. Felt like a specimen being watched from afar. The interviews weren't exactly fun, they made no effort to make small talk and immediately jumped into the interview questions the moment I joined the call. This gives me the impression that the interviewers are not friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Seagate Technology

Application

I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

It was very smooth. Hiring manager was very expressive and shared with me the roles & responsibilities well so that I have a good gauge on how I can perform or where I can value-add.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in Oct 2021

Interview

A phone interview with the hiring manager. Asked some typical behavioral questions. Then he will go over your resume and ask some question regarding your work history. Specifically, if you have a work gap.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in Sep 2021

Interview

First round was with two managers, pretty easy and just wanted to know about college and interest in the position. Second interview was 3 30-minute interviews with two managers and the engineering team. Half of the manager interview questions were riddles. Also D shift gets a 15% shift differential, so be sure to account for that when negotiating salary.

Interview Questions
  • Q: have you ever hated one of your previous jobs?
  • Q: If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in Sep 2021

Interview

Straightforward. Met with team and had technical discussion. Follow up with the HR recruiter to go into the role and onboarding. Final interview with the hiring manager prior to receiving a offer letter for the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Pune) in Aug 2021

Interview

Very well organized process. Onsite Interview followed with the India Interviews. This was done very smoothly and in time with no delays. Also post documentation the offer was released on time and proper required followup was done

Interview Questions
  • More about role and work performed
Viewing 1 - 10 of 426 Interviews