Found 10,633 of over 14T reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Shell
8 days ago
Hi All, Been here in Shell for around 6 months now, was completely taken aback by how many absolutely incompetent (pardon me, if this is too harsh) folks occupy top technical positions. But their knowledge base is appalling. Did anyone observe something similar?
Got a burning question about Shell? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Shell employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good Work Life balance and good to staff" (in 1003 reviews)
- "very ethic and good benefits" (in 733 reviews)
- "The pay is good and once you learn how to navigate the system there is room to move." (in 542 reviews)
- "great people and multicultural (though the latter is changing through centralisation and offshoring)." (in 509 reviews)
- "Salary is good but sealing based on grade and you can stick to a job group for your life" (in 434 reviews)
- "1. Poor management emphasizes in results solely from data analysis rather than quality or focusing in listening to subordinates" (in 254 reviews)
- "bad managers and cumbersome working with HR employees to get forms." (in 142 reviews)
- "Continuous restructurings every 2 years mean no job security and teams being understaffed (although certain top management remains same for decades)." (in 132 reviews)
- "Long hours and stressful occasionally Cyclical commodity boom and bust" (in 114 reviews)
- "leadership has no idea what they are doing" (in 61 reviews)
- 3.017 Nov 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBengaluru
Global outlook, good work life balance, safety culture, you get to be part of teams working on big problems like energy transition.
Mediocre pay, heavy bureaucracy, culture slowly becoming like a service company, reorgs every 2 years, delayed career progression, lethargic HR, no challenging work, over focus on visibility, unclear strategy, overall very bloated and inefficient.
- 4.04 Dec 2023Finance AdvisorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChennai
Good company policies. Employee friendly.
How people treat you depends on which team you join. I had bad experiences in the team I joined. But I saw better teams with better team culture in this organisation.
- 3.020 Nov 2023Lead Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Good company work life balance
if you join as contractor, and project gets over, they might release you within a month with no further notification. getting permanent is very difficult.
- 4.027 Nov 2023Portfolio ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsBengaluru
Take great care of the employee. Great culture of safety diversity and care
Oil and gas industry getting lot of hate now
Shell Reviews FAQs
Shell has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 13,786 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Shell to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
82% of Shell employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shell 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.