Stream Companies Reviews

Updated 8 Jul 2020

3.8
Stream Companies CEO David Regn
David Regn
Pros
  • "Casual dress code, Fast paced work environment, Multiple offices across the US(in 15 reviews)

• "Fun work environment and great people(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work is fast-paced but that's expected when you work for an advertising agency(in 16 reviews)

• "However, still no HR department(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great Company, Incredible Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stream is not only a great place to start your career, it's a great place to grow your career. Even though Stream is now 350+ Streamers in size, the agency has been able to maintain it's entrepreneurial culture. Whether a position exists or not, Stream is always open to creating roles that supports both the career goals of the team member, and the agency's business objectives. That goes for new ideas, too... the owners and leadership at the agency always encourage the team to think big and never rest on "well, this is how we always did things." If you're self-motivated and enjoy an element of freedom in your role to pursue an idea or a particular career path, it's an incredible place to work. Stream also always looks first to promote within, and I've always respected that leadership doesn't simply rely on how long you've been at Stream or how many years you've been in a particular department - they evaluate the individual and the quality of their work since their time at Stream, and the initiatives they've taken to grow and develop themselves and the team members they work with. Last, but the best thing about Stream, is the people. Stream's known in the industry for client retention, but they also have a strong employee retention, which speaks greatly to the culture and the team oriented mindset throughout the agency.

Cons

I have not experienced any downsides to working at Stream.

2. COVID-19

"Great company with honest leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Media Buyer

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management and team members genuinely care about their employees and employee well being. There is no internal competition between team members and everyone always ‘has your back’. I’m also able to go on vacation and know 100% that my accounts will be covered and I do not need to work while I’m spending time with my family.

Cons

Fast paced, industry which is not the best fit for everyone. Ad spend has been and always will be very effected by the economic and political environment.

Continue reading

"True Leadership in challenging times"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, experienced team, and so much potential for both the company and the individual team members. The culture is fun and defined, the collaboration between individuals and teams is fantastic, and upward mobility is an option for those who desire to work hard and move up. My favorite "pro" is the entrepreneurial environment that allows for innovation and growth as it fosters a problem-solving attitude in the team. In the 10+ years of my career in advertising, I have worked in both retail and at previous agencies. I truly have never seen the kind of leadership that I have experienced here. I learn daily from upper management, I get guidance to continue to grow in my career, and have seen first hand what real leadership looks like in moments of crisis. This has been a challenging time overall and to have transparent communication about the status of the company, how we've been impacted, and what our future looks like has been refreshing, to say the least. So many of my friends have been furloughed or laid off with no view of the future. I'm thankful our leadership took early action to create solutions to keep the company safe and protect our jobs. Of course, the temporary pay cuts were tough on everyone but knowing that the execs took little to no pay showed me how they were being fair and I was happy with my job before all of the shutdowns started, but I'm incredibly impressed and thankful today. The diversity and percentage of women in leadership is also a plus in my book along with the company wide focus on health.

Cons

Unfortunately, a fast-paced environment (that some can find challenging) is part of the nature of advertising due to client demand. This depends on personal preference. Can at times be a bit too fast-paced and demanding for me, but communicating needs to management has always helped to set expectations or get the help I need. Maternity leave could be improved.

4. COVID-19

"A Safe Haven of Positivity During a Trying Time"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I gotta say, I'm a little bit surprised at some of the recent, negative reviews regarding the COVID pay cuts. Rather than laying off a large portion of its staff, Stream decided that it was best to enact company-wide pay cuts, therefore, ensuring that everyone kept their job. Considering the fact that 40 million Americans have filed for unemployment since COVID landed on our shores, I cannot express enough my profound gratitude to Stream Companies for going with pay cuts over lay-offs. Secondly, the pay cuts that were made due to COVID were staggered based on total salary, which ensures that those who made less received a less severe pay cut. Beyond that, the executive team took significant pay cuts to allow for those who have smaller salaries to not take such a severe pay cut, and the CEOs are going completely without pay until their employee's full salaries are re-established. Due to the reasons that I've listed above, my morale has not wavered one iota since the beginning of the pandemic and the subsequent pay decreases. In regards to comments about the CEO's weekly emails, these were sent in an effort to promote positivity over fear during these dark times. They're meant to highlight some of the amazing work that our team has continued to do despite the unprecedented events that have unfolded over the past three months. I'm proud to work for a company and two CEOs who choose to light a candle rather than curse the darkness.

Cons

None that I can think of. The work is fast-paced but that's expected when you work for an advertising agency.

5. COVID-19

"A Company that Truly Cares About Their Employees"

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Copywriter in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at this company for over a year and in that time have nothing but positives to say. In addition to working in a friendly environment, I find myself my creative and hardworking individuals who are all committed to helping each other grow as professionals. I see this as a company where I can grow as a person and a professional. There are many opportunities to those who want them and work hard. Also, Stream cares about personal health and has many resources where you can learn ways to improve your mental and physical well-being--I truly feel well cared for at this company. Prior to the COVID-19 National Emergency I had a very high opinion of the CEOs and leadership, and they have only lived up to my expectations. From the start they offered us the option to work from home to make sure we felt comfortable and were keeping ourselves and our families safe. When WFH became mandatory it was even before it was mandated by the state. Clearly, they care about our personal well being. As noted in other reviews, we did take a company wide TEMPORARY pay cut, but this was established for the betterment of the company as a whole. I am actually shocked some people take issue with this since it was done as a promise not to lay off any employees and ensure we all got to keep our jobs. I personally have friends with similar jobs at other companies who were automatically let go without this option. Also, these cuts were not a universal amount and were based on our income with the CEOs pledging to make ZERO INCOME until we were back to normal. I have never heard of a company doing this and am truly in awe of the leadership of this company. No, we have not had a decrease in hours, but this has been because we have been promised to be repaid the amount we have lost at this time. Again, I have never heard of a company making this promise to its workers. I have been proud to work at Stream from the moment I was hired and seeing how they have handled a situation no one could have possibly prepared for has reinforced my admiration for my company.

Cons

Sometimes the free bananas are all eaten before I can get to them.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time

Pros

If you work hard and share your ideas, the opportunities are endless at Stream Companies. Communication with management is really great and they really do listen. Fun work environment and great people.

Cons

No cons at this time.

7. COVID-19

"A Hardworking Team Effort"

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stream is a company that rewards those with a thirst for learning, new challenges, and the ability to self-direct. Upward growth can be attained through transparency with your manager (something made easy by monthly one-on-one meetings), smart goal setting, and the effort of carving your own niche. The fast pace is a con for some, but if you appreciate excitement and the ability to experience new things, you'll flourish. Every week is a little bit different, and you won't suffer the boredom that some other industry professionals might speak of. Stream is a big proponent in investing in new technologies and staying on the cutting edge of this industry. You can learn new things every day from these advances if you take the time to ask questions. Lastly, but perhaps most importantly, the leadership sets a fine example of how one should conduct themselves through difficult times. As noted in some reviews, temporary pay cuts were established during the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak. This was set in place to prevent layoffs and keep the team together--true to the company's core maxims. A hardship committee was also established by the company at this time to help those that might struggle through these changes. Since then, the company leadership has been transparent in updating us on company performance and any changes in business. There was no playbook for this situation, but Stream took the high road in treating everyone equally and with compassion.

Cons

As mentioned above, the fast pace can be too challenging for some, as can that self-starting growth trajectory.

"Fast paced company with plenty of support and growth"

4.0
    Current Employee - Data Coordinator in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's highly encouraged and even common to pave your own way and create opportunities for yourself. Everyone has a story about where they started at Stream and how it evolved into something unexpected. Teams are really supportive of one another and always willing to jump in and help. Work from home policy is great and dress is casual so you never have to stress about those things, you can just focus on working. They're also offer many resources on mental and physical health through workshops and events.

Cons

It is very fast paced and always changing. Stream is after all client focused so that can lead to longer hours and a lot of changes. As long as you organize well and know this going in, it's very manageable

9. COVID-19

"True Test of Leadership"

Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The true test of leadership in a company happens when external factors force upon you dire circumstances. Stream Leadership had to make a difficult decision due to Covid-19. They chose to stand up and not lay-off or furlough people. The whole company stepped up and took a pay cut for the greater good. The executive team is taking no salary at all. The good news is the company has ensure employees that we will get paid back for sticking with them during these tough times. I would much rather take reduced pay than a handout. I commend Stream on ensuring that the company will move forward and sustain us employees for years to come. Some may choose to jump ship during these times and that is their right. I choose to stay loyal and support a larger vision and Stream's Leaders.

Cons

Covid-19 makes it where you cant see your friends/coworkers

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people 401k match gym stipend Work from home Flexible schedule Flexible work attire

Cons

Dependent upon your job, there can definitely be long hours, but it pays off. Nobody is mandating you work 12 hour days, you do what you feel is necessary to get the job done.

Found 141 reviews