Tech Mahindra Reviews

3.6
Tech Mahindra Managing Director CP Gurnani
CP Gurnani
6,295 Ratings
Pros
  • "work-life balance / Good team members(in 1390 reviews)

• "Good work environment for new joiners(in 1194 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Salary hike in very less or none(in 706 reviews)

• "No hike , increment once you join(in 677 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Good environment

14 Jun 2021 - Associate KPO in Chandigarh
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enhance my skills. Help to improve my written and communication skills

Cons

It's my pleasure to start my career with tech Mahindra

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Hinjewadi Pune branch will be amazing

26 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team mostly of senior people where we can learn many things from our seniors if we are open to. Celebrations will be cool. Don't create dependency for hike, learn mamy things as much as you want and no one will stop you from learning. Gates are very well opened for you to learn. And also you can show case your talent in many events from coding skills to sports. You can enjoy your time there if you get a good team. I am really lucky to get such a team where everyone motivated me and taught me everything as I am the only fresher in team with around many 5+ senior people. And one more addition is canteen foods will be tastier I still miss it a lot.

Cons

Hike. In my overall 3 years of exp I never got one time hike . only I got is fresher appraisal. And another one point is I got selected in 2017 but I was called to join on early 2018 so I lost nearly 8 months waiting for the call letter with lot of confusions and hard times. But the knowledge gained in TechM by me and also by my friends helped us to get a good position later in other big companies.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Too much role overlap

25 May 2021 - Scrum Master in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Part of Mahindra group, Mr. Anand Mahindra is very active and popular person. CEO Mr. CP Gurnani is very communicative and role model. Many useful daily doctor sessions arranged during Covid time. Good payer, depends on how much you negotiated when you joined (not so good for long timers) Overall variable pay is 10% and that too depends on project allocation, if you are allocated in projects 100% of the time then payout is 100%.

Cons

You have to reach out to resource manager HR if you are on bench and constant follow up is required else nobody will bother. You need to find another project within the bench time (60 days or 30 days depending on your band) else dont expect mercy and be prepared to get kicked out. Overall depends on how you build your rapport with your manager. There is no fixed responsibilities based on your role and there is too much overlap. May need to handle multiple projects/teams within the same customer. Work life balance is not so good for a company of such size, this is due to role overlap and can be avoided if role is well defined.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

It's a good company to start but not to continue further n settle

12 Jun 2021 - User Experience Designer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learnt a lot of things n worked on good projects

Cons

U don't get to choose ur projects at times, ur forced to work on something on which u have absolutely no idea and do not wish to puruse either

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Starting Point of a Career

12 Jun 2021 - Senior Test Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a fresher, initial training enables to decide ones interest areas and pursue the specific field.

Cons

After working in a project for sometime, the work and growth becomes stagnant depending on which project you are in and requires you to switch project which is little painful.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

If you Ready to learn new technologies then this is the good company for you !

14 Jun 2021 - Senior PMO Analyst in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you Ready to learn new technologies then this is the good company for you !

Cons

Good facilities like club house with Gym etc

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

good company

14 Jun 2021 - ETL Developer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

good projects and good work life balance

Cons

nothing as of now, everything good

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Recommend to friend with 1 year experience.

25 May 2021 - Senior Test Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Medical insurance cap of 3+15 lakhs which is good during Covid time 2. Projects are good , benefits of onsite travel (in limited projects )as well as learning . 3. Colleagues are helpful

Cons

1. Internal increment is not up to the mark-not dependent upon your Ratings/ how have you worked throughout the year. 2. Biased ratings and decisions for promotions. 3. Longer you stayed in the organization, your CTC will decrease and wont be a match with Market level. 4. An employee will expect his/her farewell to be good after he/she has given 5/6 years to the project, but you don't get that farewell or even a call from HR/ manager. 5. Lolipop for H1/other country visa will be there to make you stuck there and in the end someone else close aid of manager will get the part.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work Environment

13 Jun 2021 - Associate Software Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment with support for work/life balance. I had a great team which supported in every aspect. Good employee care facility.

Cons

Work place was little crowded. No good hike.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst management

31 May 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

good location, good parking facility new buliding nicely maintained office environment

Cons

1) short term projects which means you have to frequently attend internal interview to get mapped to new project within organsation 2) though your project allocation is over your manager expects you to work for it until you are mapped to new project if you dont accept it then he will give negative review for your performance 3) managers without understanding ask you to work on weekends even though there is no work pending with u you have to say yes else they will tell your performance is bad 4)SEnior managers behave will ring masters and are too rude even HR listen only to those so called senior managers who hardly do nothing but just torture employees

1 person found this review helpful