Trouva Reviews

Updated 31 Jul 2020

3.6
  1. "Best place to learn how not to run a startup.... or anything really"

I worked at Trouva full-time for more than a year

Pros

From time to time they actually had Fruit and crisps in the kitchen.

Cons

***Sigh*** Mission is absolute marketing spin, they don't respect or value boutiques but feel this is a niche they can play in and this resonates with customers. 2/3 of the founders are genuinely not nice people. The other 1 is more of a ring in and is a super nice guy, props to him. Their focus is on reaching their target valuation and living in a beach house in the cayman islands. Current CEO has anger management issues, completely delusional, not Elon Musk style, more Kanye style. His influence and style is propagated in part by poorly skilled underlings that call themselves head of this and VP of that without ever running more than a lemonade stand or failing in another VC backed cash drain. You will learn the ways of a disorganised and toxic startup, not best practice... beware! HR practices, whenever someone would leave either in probation or out of, they would announce in a weekly all hands meeting and say "they just weren't up to our standards at Trouva".... always made me cringe. This is not the place for you to take a wonderful journey of a scale up, despite the awards that their VC investors shoe horn them in for, it is more smoke and mirrors... Find another startup to help build with your hard work that has a legit culture and vision.

Continue reading

August 3, 2020People and Culture Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us and I’m really sorry your experience at Trouva has left you feeling this way. We take this type of feedback very seriously and would like the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns in more detail. Please reach out if you would like to arrange a time to speak - my email address is chloe.bartle@trouva.com.

"High growth environment, excellent people"

Former Employee - Performance Marketing Manager in London, England

I worked at Trouva full-time for more than a year

Pros

Trouva is a fantastic environment if you are looking to take ownership, achieve professional growth and drive impact within a business with huge ambition. If you want to work with smart, friendly people and challenge yourself I recommend Trouva as a great place to be.

Cons

As with any young company there are growing pains and things can move around a lot, but importantly the leadership are humble, aware that they won't get everything right 100% of the time and eager to make continual improvements to the way the business is run and the company is operated. As a result Trouva grew a huge amount as a business and a company during my time there and I am sure it will continue to do so.

"Great Company to work for"

5.0

I worked at Trouva part-time for less than a year

Pros

I was only working part time for a short while but while I was there the team were incredibly close and supportive of one another.

Cons

I didn't face many cons

February 21, 2020People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review and your feedback. We appreciate your input and it's great to hear you enjoyed your experience at Trouva. One of our values is in fact 'we are one team', so it's fantastic that you saw that shine through even during your short time with us! We are always keen to hear more about what we can do to improve our employee experience, so if there is any further feedback you'd like to share, please email us at people@trouva.com. The People Team @Trouva

4. "Working at Trouva rocks!"

Former Employee - Operations Executive in Lisbon

I worked at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very easy going and stimulating environment. People are amazing: open, very supportive, caring, friendly, helpful, motivating, positive... I learned a lot and was constantly willing to improve and develop as a professional but also as a person. I appreciate that I was given extra tasks - even if they were challenging at the beginning, the trust the company and your colleague have in you really motivates and takes the best of oneself!

Cons

Communication can be worked on and I guess it is important for the start-up to be connected more among all the departments. Also, a sense of purpose, vision of the company and goal could be better communicated internally and externally.

"Work Hard, Play Hard"

4.0
    Current Employee - Operations in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, excellent growth opportunities.

Cons

Long hours, office looks like a dump.

January 27, 2020People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review and your feedback. We appreciate your input and it's great to hear you’re enjoying your experience at Trouva and see opportunities to develop your career. We are always keen to hear more about what we can do to improve our employee experience, so if there is any further feedback you'd like to share, please come and chat to me or email us at people@trouva.com. The People Team @Trouva

"awful"

Former Employee - Customer Ops

I worked at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

People were fun to work with and nice office

Cons

Micro managed all the time nbot good

January 27, 2020People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are always keen to hear more about what we can do to improve our employee experience, so if there is any further feedback you'd like to share, please email us at people@trouva.com. The People Team @Trouva

"Great environment and very enriching experience"

Former Employee - Operations Executive

I worked at Trouva full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere: everyone is very cooperative and friendly Very enriching: you are involved in different projects and with different departments and you learn a lot. You feel valued as an employee and as a person

Cons

It is a fast paced start up you get involved a lot but don’t expect a 9-5 job. This is however expected in a start up environment

"Amazing company to work for and develop skills"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Trouva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined Trouva at its very early stages with the intention of working in a high pace startup environment. During my time at Trouva I was given the opportunity to work on projects that impacted every function of the business, allowing me to expand my thinking and skillset massively! There's a sense of unity between every employee at Trouva and you will immediately feel welcomed and included. The team structure is fairly flat and everyone's ideas are heard and tried. I had a lot of fun working at Trouva and expanded my skillset way faster than I would have anywhere else!

Cons

This is a high pace startup, touching both Business to Business and Business to Consumer markets. Getting the right balance on where to spend your focus can be a bit hard, but the Management is always there to help you spend out.

"Rare opportunity to be a part of something great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined the business with the intention of propelling my career to the next stage - and it’s delivered on exactly that. It’s a super flat structure and you’re hired because you’re generally the expert (and sometimes the only one!) in your field. This means you have a rare opportunity to build relationships with some incredibly smart, ambitious people who trust you to provide guidance and direction to your area in the business. The culture is incredibly hardworking, determined, passionate and direct - you know where you stand and you’ll be given loads of feedback. You have the opportunity to make mistakes, implement solutions immediately and become more resourceful than you ever thought you could be! It’s also, put simply, a fun place to work (it ticks the boxes with snacks team activities + coffee!) with people who genuinely care.

Cons

It’s a start up - there are some high expectations and teams aren’t huge, so you’re getting your hands regularly. It can be easy to slip into the habit of working long hours and you need to be disciplined with yourself about what is and isn’t feasible. That said, there’s overall pretty good flexibility to manage your time and days as you need.

Continue reading

"Horrible and Demoralizing"

Former Employee - Operations Executive

I worked at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very few positive things to say abbout Trouva

Cons

Poor leadership, poor workplace culture, low pay, taking advantage of everyone who comes through the door

Found 41 reviews