Verathon Reviews

Updated 6 May 2021

4.5
Verathon President and CEO Earl Thompson
Earl Thompson
Pros
  • "Management seems to truly care about the employee's and work /life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "Great people great benefits great location(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Rapidly growing company with some growing pains (processes, procedures, etc(in 6 reviews)

• "Leadership team came up with 7 values that do not mean anything to anybody in Verathon(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Review"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible, Challenging & Fun work environment. Waiting to meet the team in person.

Cons

Remote working should be lifted soon, hope i can work with the team

"A really good place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- GlideScope core business line and product portfolio are robust, stable, and growing well. This is propelling the company forward in ways we haven't seen for many years. - Most people working here are genuinely nice, want to help and are down to earth. - Leadership genuinely cares about the company values and employee well being - Company size is perfect - large enough with Roper's backing to have plenty of resources, yet small enough to feel like you can make a lot contributions to the bottom line. - Employees are supported. If someone ends up not being a good fit in their role, management is really good about reshuffling to a more appropriate position to avoid attrition. This results in a win-win for both the company and the employee. - Easy going, relaxed culture. - Solid work life balance.

Cons

- PTO is standard, but not competitive with other companies. - Compensation: semi-competitive. I think the company could attract more talent if salaries and bonuses were increased to keep up with the tech comp packages throughout the Seattle area. If this isn't possible, how about granting Roper stock as part of the package to sweeten the deal? - Career advancement: Verathon is not a large corporation with clear paths to promotion or lateral transfers. As such, if you're looking to get promoted and move up every couple of years, that probably won't happen. That said, management does care about attrition and employee happiness and will try to work something out if you're not happy.

December 1, 2020Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. As a growing company, we understand the importance of creating an environment that fosters growth for our employees whether it is by customized development plans, tuition reimbursement, or opportunity for promotion. We have made great strides to implement to policies and procedures to create an engaged culture and this is a top priority for us in our continuous improvement initiatives. Thank you again for your feedback!

"Fragmented unit and a good 'ol boys club at HQ"

2.0
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Bothell, WA

I worked at Verathon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Newer CEO is great. He seems to care a lot about the employees Pay is alright-but be prepared to negotiate high, because they'll lowball you Recent hiring practices show more diverse workforce Fun people to work with, outside of management The business is growing

Cons

I saw the same three people get promoted at the same time 3 different times. only 1 of whom seemed qualified to manage people. It's very buddy-buddy. Middle managers don't listen to their people and never admit when they're wrong. The pay is alright if you can negotiate high, but they lowball industry average. Aim high. They will promote from within, but again, they will severely lowball your salary. Prepare for tons of OT if you're on the first floor. Customer service managers severely overworked Technical Services employees are overworked and micromanaged Shipping department appears stressed and there at all times, so lots of OT there, too Medical plans are garbage They will not value your work. I saw people there 10-15 years leave because they were not appreciated. Some asked for a small raise because they were underpaid and they were told no. Each business unit operates independently with hardly any communication between other departments/units. This seriously hampers the business.

January 19, 2021Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Based on some of the timeframe references in your review, it appears you may have left Verathon some time ago. Over the last 4+ years, we have made some tremendous strides to create an engaged culture and a highly effective management system. As a growing company, we understand the importance of creating an environment that fosters growth for our employees whether it is by customized development plans, tuition reimbursement, or opportunity for promotion. Through our focus on developing our internal employees, last year we had 5% of our employees move upwards in the company and we hope to continue to see this number increase even more each year. We are incredibly excited about our company, culture and future for Verathon and our annual employee engagement surveys show that these #winningtoether sentiments are felt throughout the company on a global scale.

4. COVID-19

"Verathon is one of my top 2 favorite companies I've worked for!"

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Verathon for a little less than a year. I feel I am given just the right amount of challenge. Management seems to truly care about the employee's and work /life balance. I am given a workload that is manageable and challenging without stressing me out or keeping me away from my family time. It's been many years since I've had that. I worked for a competitor about 5 years ago and it was hands down the worst leadership I have ever worked under. That just makes me appreciate Verathon even more!

Cons

It's hard to call out cons at this time. Everything is a little upside down with COVID. My only semi con is that I did not receive a pay raise to join. Infact, it was a slight pay cut. However, the difference in fabulous leadership makes up for the slight decrease! (Hence the semi con).

November 3, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are having a positive experience here at Verathon. It is so important that we create a flexible work environment to accommodate the various needs of our employees, especially during these unprecedented times. If you have any additional feedback or suggestions please feel free to email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

5. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are genuine people who really want to see you grow and succeed

Cons

I don’t have any cons for this job

April 19, 2021Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We're glad you find Verathon a great place to work. We are always looking for new ways to improve so if you have any additional feedback to share, please reach out to us directly at humanresource@verathon.com.

6. COVID-19

"Motivating Place to Work"

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Verathon has been the best company I have worked for. Internally people enjoy collaborating, and everyone is prompt in their communication. The company has a startup feel still because the R&D teams value and listen to customer and sales feedback. The company is growing which allows internal promotions and new positions to be developed. During a difficult time with COVID-19, Verathon did what was right for customers and their employees.

Cons

Not a personal con, however, if you are in sales, depending on the territory, expect some travel.

February 9, 2021Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We’re so glad to have you on our team and are happy you’ve found Verathon to be a collaborative and motivating place to work. If you have additional feedback, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at humanresources@verathon.com.

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Verathon full-time

Pros

Verathon and the Executive Leadership Team truly listen to what others are seeing out in the field. They never make you feel like just a "number", but as a valued employee. If you work hard, you are rewarded for your successes. All employees represent the Verathon 7 core values day in and day out. I hope to retire with this company and highly recommend to everyone!

Cons

I do not have any at this time.

February 8, 2021Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear you are with us for the long haul and can't wait to grow with you. We know that our successes as an organization are a direct result of the successes of each and every employee and our 7 Verathon values are instrumental in creating a framework for that progress. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

8. "Great company and great people"

Former Employee - Human Resources Representative

I worked at Verathon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work is easy and not mind numbing

Cons

they do not pay as well as you would think

February 23, 2021Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to provide Verathon a review. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed the work. Verathon does extensive research and evaluation in regards to compensation packages. Through our research, we feel our packages are fair and in line with market data. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

9. "Best company I have ever worked with"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Verathon full-time

Pros

Tremendous culture, genuine teamwork, no micro-managing, best products in market

Cons

lots of overnights, but the effort is definitely worth it

February 10, 2021Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working here at Verathon. We are so happy to have you on the Verathon team! It is great to hear you enjoy the culture, teamwork and our incredible products! Thanks again for the great feedback!

10. "Great Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Bothell, WA

I worked at Verathon full-time

Pros

Really enjoyed my time at Verathon, great company, great products and a great team.

Cons

There isn’t a ton of room for growth in the inside sales department, but other than that, great experience.

January 21, 2021Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working at Verathon. We're happy you enjoyed your tenure! If you have any further feedback to share please email us at: humanresources@verathon.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 120 Reviews