Verathon Reviews

Found 142 of over 162 reviews

3.9
Verathon President and CEO Earl Thompson
Earl Thompson
Pros
  • "Verathon has been the best company I have worked for(in 31 reviews)

• "Management seems to truly care about the employee's and work /life balance(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Career advancement: Verathon is not a large corporation with clear paths to promotion or lateral transfers(in 12 reviews)

• "We are undergoing a necessary system implementation so there are some growing pains :)(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place, Great People, Overworked!

Dec 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits and Good People working hard

Cons

Work life balance is non existent. Overworked to the Max!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Employee & Customer Focused

Nov 27, 2021 - Customer Care
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care equally about employee development and customer experience. Benefits start on day 1.

Cons

PTO package is good but could be better.

Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying your role here at Verathon. We have made great strides in the recent years to create a work environment that allows our employees thrive both professionally and personally and we are happy to say we have just increased our PTO package to give our employees greater flexibility. If you have any other additional feedback or suggestions, please feel free to email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Amazing people, weak for growing as an engineer

Oct 27, 2021 - Mechanical Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful, hard-working co-workers want the best for you Personal and relaxing environment Care about you as a person

Cons

Weak infrastructure for growing and developing as an engineer Repetitive tasks even in R&D Promise you things they can’t deliver

1 person found this review helpful

Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy your co-workers and feel cared about here at Verathon. While we continue to invest in our Organization, as well as R&D, to help with new Product development and launching those products into the market, we realize there is always more work to do to manage and drive these initiatives so we appreciate the feedback. One of our Values is Do the Right Thing, Do Things Right, so we’d love to learn more of your feedback. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great!

Sep 29, 2021 - Material Handling in Bothell, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to gain experience.

Cons

Not a long term role. No room for growth.

Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We happy to hear you had a positive experience at Verathon overall and we are sorry to hear you didn't feel your role at Verathon was suited to long term growth. We have made great strides in the recent years to provide opportunities for growth for our employees and we realize there are areas of improvement as we grow and scale our business. If you have any other additional feedback or suggestions, please feel free to email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Ok place to work for

Oct 12, 2021 - Software Engineer in Bothell, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation was above average in the Bothell area

Cons

Management expectations were too high and very demanding

Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input. We are sorry to hear you felt management expectations didn’t align with your own. At Verathon, we pride ourselves on our Verathon Management System anchored by our Leadership Principles. If you feel that your management team didn’t align with those principles and would like to share additional feedback, please reach to us at humanresources@verathon.com.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Don't walk run

Oct 7, 2021 - Medical Device Technician in Bothell, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My coworkers were great, I developed some great relationships, and learned a ton from them.

Cons

There's so much I can say, but the best thing I ever did was walk out the door and never look back!

2 people found this review helpful

Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you developed great relationships in your time here. We’d love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good culture and people, meh benefits

Sep 19, 2021 - Analyst in Bothell, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work culture, genuinely care about employees and feasibility of completing tasks. Management is aware of burnout potential and actively discusses workload to accommodate. The approach to the COVID situation has been great, not trying to be leaders in an area of great unknown. Focus has been on keeping employees who have to be in the building safe by minimizing quantity and supporting everyone else to be remote.

Cons

Health benefits and PTO are meh. Unclear advancement opportunities, though Verathon seems to be working to clear the waters in that area.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We appreciate the feedback and are glad you enjoy Verathon’s culture. Our leadership team is working hard to develop career pathing for employees to enhance the development opportunities we provide and we’re also working to improve our PTO policies. We hope you’ll find them to be more competitive in the new year. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email us directly at humanresources@verathon.com.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Poor management, no chances of advancement

Sep 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good location, and decent atmosphere

Cons

No chances of advancement, low pay, poor management

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. As a growing company, we understand the importance of creating an environment that fosters growth for our employees whether it is by customized development plans, tuition reimbursement, or opportunity for promotion. While we still have room for improvement, we have made great strides to implement to policies and procedures to create an engaged culture and this is a top priority for us in our continuous improvement initiatives. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team

Aug 17, 2021 - Engineering Co-Op
      Business Outlook

Pros

Engaging work environment in R&D department

Cons

Market average wage for interns

Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you found the work for your co-op program and the environment to be engaging. If you have any other additional feedback or suggestions, please feel free to email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I love where I work!

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Verathon has made such a transformation. People matter and the team is great. I feel like the leadership team really cares; whether it is making sure people are doing ok during a pandemic, listening to a new idea or helping me grow as an employee. The new office is beautiful and well thought out.

Cons

Benefits can always be better, but this has been true everywhere I have worked.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Verathon. We're glad you love where you work! If you have additional feedback, please feel free to email us at humanresources@verathon.com. Thanks again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Reviews