Wordplay Content Reviews

1. 5.0

Variety of Projects, Lot of Learning, Homely Ambience

Jan 4, 2018 - Team Lead in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Will be completing 2 years at Wordplay Content in Feb and I must say that the journey has been pretty good. My journey here has its share of highs and lows but I can say the days of lows are gone as the company has completely transformed into a new one. We all are working as a family here, and the management maintains complete transparency. Regardless of what happened in the past, every single employee can vouch for one thing, and that is, there is a lot to learn here. There is no dearth of projects, and you get to work on a variety of clients. Every person who has started their journey with Wordplay Content is well-placed now, and that has happened as you get your basics sorted here.

Cons

Salaries need to be better

6 people found this review helpful

Director

Thank you for your review. All team salaries are currently being revised in tune for January 2018 and for the new calendar year. A new benefits package is also being drafted and will be launched in April 2018 for all positions relating to Project Managers and above.

2. 3.0

Basic pay

Mar 30, 2021 - Content Writer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed environment, no strict deadlines

Cons

Extremely small workspace, not much scope for employee growth

3. The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Introduction to the content world

Dec 11, 2019 - Content Writer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible timings, good feedback, good communication

Cons

The pay per word was low according to me.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

You'd be more productive working your way out of a maze blindfolded.

Mar 30, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can sit around and do nothing all day as long as you look busy.

Cons

Way too many to mention over one review, but the biggest of them being there's nothing to learn here.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nightmare!!!

Dec 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros! Not good at all

Cons

Only cons!. Worked here for 6 months, the first was good then next 3 was an absolute nightmare from the so called "CEO" of the company who btw is very rude. He insulated employees with his foul language. Finally! it's left the company for good.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Worst decision of mine, best decision of the company

Sep 30, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company doesn't reply to the emails they receive.

Cons

I was looking for freelance writing opportunities and saw an ad of Wordplay content hiring for the position of freelance writers on Glassdoor. As I had previously emailed companies to discuss about opportunities and maximum times companies replied, so I thought why not email the company on their official email id. So I mailed them once. No reply. I thought maybe they are busy. So after a month I mailed them again. Still no reply. So I thought maybe they are not interested. Then I went through the review section of the company on Glassdoor. And guess what? I finally thanked them that they didn't reply. Otherwise I will be the sufferer like the former freelance writers of them. Thank you Wordplay content for not replying me:)

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Pros

There weren’t many pros at the time I worked with them

Cons

I worked as a freelancer with wordplay content in’17, the work during this period was unpredictable, allocations never were streamlined to efficiency, the head of the company was extremely paranoid. There were staggering gaps in communication between writers and the team in house, the pay was barely market value. This along with the internal operations team changing regularly made my work harder than it needed to be. I knew a few people who worked as freelancers who strongly advised against working here as a freelancer, a couple of them even told me that they stopped getting work on an impulse of the CEO, a couple of editors at the time had an incredibly hard time leaving the company, one who needed a move to Chennai confided in me that he was threatened to stay longer than the relieving period or he wouldn’t get his experience documents, one was fired without any their knowledge and in an unprofessional manner without cause and worked an extra two weeks for no pay before they figured out their employèrent status. All the turmoil within also led to my job as a freelancer becoming much more complex. No allocations were done in a timely manner, the payments came through late, the company communication was lacking severely (the main reason I stopped working with them) the absolute worst part of working with wordplay was the drama spilling out of the office and into the everyday life of freelancers. The office was understaffed and overworked, editors also became content managers and were stretched way too thin. The inefficient work, the struggle to keep in House talent and the nature in which the in house staff were so helpless they needed to vent to the freelancers.. all these make working with wordplay an undesirable nightmare

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

I have been working at Wordplay Content full-time (Less than a year)

Jun 29, 2018 - IT Administrator in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a good place to work, the co-workers are very friendly and supportive.

Cons

Nothing much to say as such.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

My experience of working with Wordplay

Jan 2, 2018 - Project Manager in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hi, I've worked as an editor for Wordplay Content for the past six months. I just read some of the reviews here, and some people have just vented their anger and frustration on submitting reviews, but over a period of time things have become much better. We are a growing company and we learn from our mistakes. I'm being treated like a family member rather than an employee. The system & administration is much better now, than how it used to be. If you are looking for a sustainable career in content services, Wordplay Content is the right place for you.

Cons

The snacks in the company are restocked every 30 days. We all love food, please restock it every week :(

3 people found this review helpful

Director

Thank you for your review :-) We have ordered fresh food off Big Basket today (arrival tomorrow), and we have now put in place a system to restock the kitchen every fortnight. Happy eating!

11. 5.0

Change for the better!

Dec 28, 2017 - Head Of Operations in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the reviews on WordPlay Content "WERE" true. That is the past, because we're NOW a whole new company, with a new office at a new address, a new management team, a new business model and a new way of working with both our people and our customers. Our people are treated like adults, decisions are taken together, and transparency is practiced in reality. The management team has been strengthened with more people with experience across operations, finance, and customer delivery. Promises are kept and we stick to doing the "right" thing. Period.

Cons

We the people want more cake!

4 people found this review helpful

Director

Thank you for your review. Ethics is our mantra.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews