Zen Planner Reviews

Updated 16 Jan 2021

3.5
Zen Planner CEO Ron Lamb
Ron Lamb
Pros
  • "The management at Zen Planner works really hard to hire the "right" people(in 23 reviews)

• "Fantastic people and a great work environment(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "The new people calling the shots from the level above Zen Planner do not understand our customers, our industry segment or the team at(in 7 reviews)

• "The leadership team has made a lot of mistakes over the last 6-9 months and aren't willing to take responsibility for any of them(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Lacks good leadership"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Zen Planner full-time

Pros

You will get to work from home

Cons

Difficult to move up in the company, continued training isn’t really a thing, people are in leadership positions who don’t really know how to lead

2. "Great company, up to speed with changing market"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Zen Planner full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working here. The work / life balance was great and my sales manager was very down to earth but still professional in focusing on the teams goals

Cons

I was the last one in and the first one out on our team when it came to a reduction in force. This had nothing to do with my performance, which is the frustrating part.

Continue reading

3. "Great company and awesome team"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zen Planner full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, culture, flexibility, growth, and product

Cons

I don't have any feedback at this time

October 5, 2020VP, People Development

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are excited you are enjoying your time with the company. One thing I want to add to your list is development opportunities. We regularly have opportunities for team members to attend development sessions led by the People Development team and members of the Senior Leadership Team. I hope you get a chance to participate in one soon.

4. "Customer Support"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO

I worked at Zen Planner full-time

Pros

Made great friendships, flexible environment

Cons

High turnover in the role and lack of advancement

October 21, 2020VP, People Development

Thank you for sharing your review. It is easy to make great friendships in a place where the people are so amazing. We have awesome team members working together in an awesome environment that focuses on hiring, developing and retraining the best talent. We have a high percentage of internal promotions and advancements within the company. LinkedIn Learning is also available to all team members for self-pace professional development and leaders that are willing to help direct your developmental path as well. Thanks for all you have done for ZP. We wish you the best in your future career.

5. "Good community, low pay."

Current Employee - Strategic Relationship Manager in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Zen Planner full-time for more than a year

Pros

The community is fantastic. There is an incredible work-life balance and plenty of opportunities to advance your career or explore different fields.

Cons

There's a lack of communication from upper management. It can be difficult to effect change, but not impossible. Pay is lower than industry average.

October 5, 2020VP, People Development

Thank you for giving a review. We agree that our people are one the best things about working here, which is why one of our corporate pillars is to hire, develop and retain the best, most dedicated people. Communication is also important to the success of our company. We hold multiple opportunities to share information with team members including, All Hands meetings, Town Halls, Ask Me Anything sessions (Q&A) with Senior Leadership, regular 1:1 meetings with managers, e-newsletters and much more. Daxko leadership has an open-door policy and invites individuals for 1:1 coffee and lunch chats. I encourage you to take part of those offerings and share your thoughts about what you feel is missing and how we can improve. If you have any suggestions or want to discuss your concerns, we recommend you reach out to the People Development team. We are always open to listen and receive feedback.

6. "Fantastic work environment"

Current Employee - Strategic Relationship Manager in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Zen Planner full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best work environments I've ever been in.

Cons

Wages tend to be a bit below industry average

September 18, 2020Director of People Development

Thank you for your review! We strive to give our team members a positive, safe and fun environment that allows great talent to thrive. Thanks for all you do!

7. "Craziest job I've had"

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Zen Planner full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some fun perks of the office, seemed like a good fit at first

Cons

Inexperienced leadership run it like a high school lunch room. Managers leave before you do, leaving you isolated on an island. New people stayed to close down all tickets and dealt with mad Australians and all kinds of things which didn't make a lot of sense. Schedule made me feel like I was in the restaurant business again. 7-4 one day, 10-7 the next, then 8-5, 9-6, then 7-4 again. I had never seen any tech companies with schedules like that. Before a long weekend all managers left super early and new people were stuck dealing with tickets and bugs. The software has more bugs than a budget motel.

October 5, 2020VP, People Development

Thank for your review. We do like our offices and think our perks are fun, too! Our customer service team provides support for health and wellness customers in many different time zones, which drives the need for different schedules. This is not unique to Daxko, but we appreciate your feedback on the scheduling. As far as the “inexperienced leadership” – we do provide many internal opportunities for team members to be promoted into leadership roles to give them career growth. With those promotions, we also offer several in-depth leadership training sessions and resources. If you have any suggestions or want to discuss your concerns, we recommend you reach out to the People Development team. We are always open to listen and receive feedback.

8. "Overall good company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zen Planner full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great. The benefits are pretty good The office has a good atmosphere Opportunities to be promoted Good work / life balance

Cons

It doesn't seem like pay is the best Opportunities to be promoted are less than in previous years

September 18, 2020Director of People Development

Thank you for sharing your review. A pillar of how we succeed is to hire, develop and retain the best talent. We do this through providing several opportunities to grow and advance as a professional. We hope you take advantage of the self paced learning opportunities with LinkedIn Learning, participate in team training and meet with members of the Senior Leadership to discuss and grow your professional career. We regularly post internal only openings as well as promote from within. Reach out to your team lead or even a Senior Leadership team member to better understand how to take advantage of these opportunities.

9. "Zen Planner is the best company I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Zen Planner full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zen Planner is far and away the best company I have ever worked for. I am valued as an individual, treated with respect, I have easy access to management and senior leadership (even directly to our amazing CEO!) if I ever want to chat with any of them. The health benefits provided are some of the best in the industry, plus many more perks that are not generally offered; such as a flexible PTO policy, fitness reimbursement, free Friday lunches for the entire office, daily snacks, an adorable dog in the office daily, super casual work environment, community outreach events, etc. Our entire office from the top on down feels like a family. We work hard but we are also encouraged to play hard...I am fortunate every single day that I don't wake up and dread coming to work. I never loathe Monday mornings like my friends who work elsewhere do.

Cons

None that I can come up with.

September 18, 2020Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your review! We definitely value our team members and the amazing work they do every day!

"Great People"

Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Zen Planner full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unique company culture. flexible time off. room for advancement.

Cons

less than competitive salaries, department management less than desirable.

September 18, 2020Director of People Development

Thank you for sharing your review. A pillar of how we succeed is to hire, develop and retain the best talent. We do this through providing several opportunities to grow and advance as a professional. We hope you took advantage of those opportunities and wish you well in your next role.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 English Reviews