American Century Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

American Century Investments Interview Questions

Interviews at American Century Investments

2.8

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

It was a series of interviews. I first met with an everyday officer and then met with the manager along with the director. The questions were regarding my history as a Security Officer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position, and how did you hear about American Century.   1 Answer

Data Cleanser Interview

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview, then they hired somebody for said position before I even got a chance to interview. Seeing as I have a lot of experience in the role with another company, you'd think that they'd take the time to interview. They contacted me again after someone resigned and I declined the interview as I found a better position elsewhere. Stay away if you have talent, this company is a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• We had another cleanser resign, are you still interested in interviewing?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Interview

I talked with a bunch of people on the team about my past experience and what the team does. Everyone was polite and great. The office is beautiful. I am very lucky to get this job.

Java Developer - Trading Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter and then the hiring manager. Onsite consisted of four interviews with team and HR. No substance to the interview. Trivial questions were asked. Only Java development related questions were very simple like what is method overloading, does finally block always run, exception types in Java etc. I was caught off-guard because Java has try with resources now and had not used finally block in a while. Got a generic rejection letter saying they went with other candidates. I think they just wanted to check if candidate had the personality they were looking for and did not care much about software engineering or Java skills.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process began with an over the phone conversation with someone from the Human Resource department. By far the most unpleasant and demeaning interviews I have ever had in my entire career. The Human Resource rep constantly hammered about issues with my resume (MBA Candidate with a month to graduate should not be placing that on their resume) among other critiques that had no relation to the position or interview itself. The interview process did not go much further than criticizing a potential employees resume. The lack of professionalism and inability to connect on a personal level means I will never apply to this company again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you have CFA & MBA listed on your resume?   1 Answer

Sales and Distribution Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

It was 4 interview with 3 managers and the last of HR reps. Each interview lasts 30-45 mins. The managers were from different departments and you choose the department you like the most with the HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

3ish hours long, all technical finance/math. They HR folks were very, very nice. I was interviewed by 3 people for about 45 minutes each (went over a little for some). Run through your resume, then they ask what your interests are and ask questions in finance/math based on your resp.

Interview Questions

• Imagine XYZ company, where on the business cycle would its P/E ratio be the lowest, holding all else constant?   2 Answers

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Century Investments (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter then one with the hiring manager then went onsite for 5 interviews. Good experience, asked about experience, why American Century, etc. Very professional and friendly interviewers, positive experience.

Associate Interview

Interview

They are very unorganized in their interview process. It was very unprofessional as well. There wasn't clear communication from HR. I was along strung along for 3 months. The recruiter was also very hard to get in touch with.

The process started with a phone interview then I had to meet with multiple people in person from the hiring manager, recruiter, head of the group, and team members. I had to meet with a few people multiple time. It was also obvious there was no clear lines of communication with HR and team members.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Century Investments.

Interview

Process was quick, interviewed with a manager and team lead together, asked standard questions. Very quick to respond and offer the position if applicable. Overall the whole process was pretty standard to other company's interview processes

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.