Anglian Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Anglian Water Interview Questions

Interviews at Anglian Water

2.9

Life Sciences Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anglian Water.

Interview

Applied online through their website and was asked to be interviewed a few months ago. The interviewers asked the general questions you would expect and then some more specific questions regarding the role.

Was unsuccessful as I discovered that there were candidates the recruitment team deemed to have better experience. In the interview there wasn't much opportunity to ask you about your achievements and what you could offer to the role. It felt very superficial because all the focus was on how well the competency questions were answered despite there being no wrong answer.

This interview technique would make it hard for any young professional to find jobs if they are never given an opportunity to show their worth despite carrying all the necessary skills and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Describe your day to day experience at your previous [laboratory] job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water in September 2020.

Interview

1 hour Zoom call with 8 questions

Call actually lasted around 30 minutes with a chance to ask your own questions at the end.

Friendly managers made me feel at ease throughout the call.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntingdon and Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon and Peterborough, England (UK)) in August 2020.

Interview

I applied online through their careers website. From there you will need to frequently check to see if you have progressed or unsuccessful. If you do make it through it can take a while to get an interview. Any questions then phone them i did.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few situational questions but also asked some questions about the role i applied for.   1 Answer

24 Aug 2020 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for leaving your review and I am glad to see you rated the interview as positive. Apologies you felt it took a while to get through to the interview stage, we always put our interview dates on the adverts to ensure our candidates are aware of when these take place to meet expectations.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Water in May 2020.

Interview

Worst interview ever! Very scripted and hard interview questions. Felt very pressurised to answer the 10 questions. Questions asked were not appropriate for a customer service rep

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work with a difficult team member   Answer Question

Microbiology Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water in May 2020.

Interview

I applied and was interviewed a couple of months ago, but was unsuccessful. The interview was what you would expect. Questions regarding your knowledge of the company, questions that prompt you to demonstrate your skills that are relevant for the job, and then followed by a set of specific questions about the role you are applying for. Not particularly hard but some you do have to think about. Although there were no wrong way of answering them it did appear that if you gave them an answer they didn't like it would be game over for you even if it was perfectly acceptable.

My previous job at a a small environmental company was almost identical to the job specifications and skills of Anglian Water's job. Upon request of feedback was told that I had lacked certain experience in quality assurance, which I had but did not have an opportunity to expand on.

It's a vicious cycle of younger applicants being told they lack certain experience and not being given chances to gain such experience despite showing evidence of my eagerness to learn and ability to pick up new skills.

Park Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Ipswich, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Nice interview, not particularly difficult, asked easy and answerable questions. It lasted around 25 minutes and took place in the park cafe. The staff I spoke to were very friendly and made me feel extremely welcome.

Interview Questions

Anglian Water Response

27 Aug 2020 – Recruitment Advisor

Thanks for leaving your review and really pleased you felt so welcome!

Digital Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Water.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an assesment centre with a range of different tasks from teambuilding to communication and a 20 minute test at the end. Found out a few days later.

Interview Questions

Anglian Water Response

13 Dec 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave this review and your interest in Anglian Water. Best of luck with any future applications.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Lincoln, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Competency based questions, based on points system. Very limited time given to answer questions and felt pressurised to come up with a response, rather than taking time to consider answer. It did feel a little like the interviewer was trying to catch you out and didn’t let you have time to expand on answer, cutting in. There was also limited opportunity to chat about achievements and what you could offer to the role. Totally focused on how well you answered the competency questions even though there wasn’t a right or wrong answer.
    I feel the Line Manager needs more training with their interview technique, or alternatively, an experienced HR professional should conduct the first interview instead.

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Very formal interview, difficult questions. Questions were very scripted, so found that I was almost repeating myself at times as I had already answered the next question as part of the one before.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to balance the wants of the customer with the needs of the company   Answer Question

Leakage Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Norwich, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

After my initial application it took a long while to hear back due to overlapping staff holidays. However, once things got moving everything was well organised and I was kept well informed

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Anglian Water and our current aims and objectives   1 Answer

13 Dec 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Thanks for leaving a review for us, really pleased you had a positive experience. Apologies for the delays due to staff holidays. Best of luck with any future applications.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.