Ankura Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ankura Interview Questions

Interviews at Ankura

2.5

Billing Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ankura (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

After two interviews — one which was a video call that the Billing Team was over 15 minutes late for — I was told by the hiring manager from headquarters (no one from the Billing Team in Chicago contacted me at all during this process) that he wanted to discuss how the Billing Team wanted to proceed with me over the phone. After waiting a week for that call, I was told in a very short conversation that they did not want to proceed with me. I felt like this was a tremendous waste of time and I left the phone call without any reason as to why they didn’t want to hire me. I also want to share that the same manager tried to convince me that their company was aware of the Black Live Matter movement and that the CEO was taking a strong stance on the issues facing diversity in the firm. I was simply asking the hiring manager about the company culture and felt like his answer should not have become focused on that. It was a shabby attempt to make the company seem diverse and ultimately offended me.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what an accrual is? I want to know how you define it.   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to use Pivot Tables?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ankura.

Interview

30-minute phone interview with a hiring manager, comfortable setting and no questions that were surprising or out of the ordinary. Pretty standard zoom style interview and I recommend coming with good questions about the program.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with financial modeling software?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ankura.

Interview

Took about 6 weeks. The Human Resource department seemed a bit frazzled in the process. There was one screening with Human Resource and one meeting with department. Everyone was kind and easy to talk to. The interview lacked content and substance about expectations, and what the company's mission is.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ankura.

Interview

Application through campus recruiting site, on campus interview. Did not hear back for over a month, despite having reached out to recruiters. Eventually recruiter told me I should have received an automated email -- but I did not. Overall easy interview, just very poor logistics/communication.

Disputes & Economics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ankura.

Interview

First-round interview was 30 minutes of behavioral questions. Second round interview was 30 minutes of technical questions, mostly about my econometric background. The process felt very short, and I wish I'd had more exposure to staff members than just the two I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• What is an instrumental variable? What are some examples?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ankura.

Interview

very quick 20 minutes and behavioral. mostly was just hearing about the firm and the role. took it as a bad sign how few questions I was initially asked

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ankura.

Interview

Interview dinner followed by a behavioral interview. Dinner was just a couple of the school's alumni. Interview was with a senior manager who asked some behavior based questions like when you had a conflict. overall, an easy interview process...

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ankura in October 2019.

Interview

The process was very simple, I applied online and was contact within a few weeks. Had an in person interview where they went through my resume, then asked a few behavioral questions based on my resume experience. Got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you've encountered at work, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ankura in October 2019.

Interview

I went to a networking event at a restaurant the night before my interview where I got to talk to my interviewer and other people on my team. The next day I had about a 30 minute interview with the head of the team I would be working for.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ankura.

Interview

Submitted an application online and received an invitation for a phone interview.

The phone interview was 15 minutes with very basic questions, but the recruiter didn't seem to know much about the organization when I asked her questions. She told me she had recently started after I asked multiple questions about company culture, work life balance, etc. that she couldn't answer.

The next step in the process was an in person interview. She said she would follow up within the next week and a half but never did, so I assumed I was not moving forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.