AppDynamics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 330 of over 330 interviews

Employee Referral16%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

AppDynamics

Application

I interviewed at AppDynamics

Interview

Recruiter calls me out of the blue the day after I applied. He asks me nothing about my background and tells me that the hiring manager will call me. I tell him that I'd prefer if we could get something scheduled through email so the manager doesn't call me during a time where I might have a conflict. He says he'll try his best then I was never contacted. One of the most bizarre experiences I've had with a recruiter. Seems like they have no idea what they're doing

Interview Questions
  • Are you authorized to work in the US?
    Answer Question

AppDynamics

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppDynamics in May 2022

Interview

One initial tech screen, then five 1 hour interviews (2 system design, 2 dsa, 1 soft skills). It was overall a very pleasant experience. Each interviewer was very encouraging and helpful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about AppDynamics

Join the conversation on

Referral and Opportunities

1m

an

IT Analyst

Hello guys. I'm a software engineer and I'm looking for referral in a product based company based on Java. Could you help me? Yeo. 4.11yr.. Stack. Java, mySql, springboot, restful, etc. Location:india/ remote... Amazon IBM Adobe Uber Cred Phonepe pvt ltd Paytm Tower Research Capital LinkedIn Salesforce Intel Corporation Intuit AppDynamics Atlassian Microsoft Zoom OLA Flipkart Walmart Myntra Target Oracle Netflix Twitter Slack Groww OYO HP Dell Acer Nvidia VMware Hotstar Swiggy Delhivery Porter

7 Comments

Tech India

106.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=AppDynamics~319551
Join the conversation on

AppDynamics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppDynamics

Interview

Remote interviews scheduled after replying to online job listing. First interview, employer abruptly cancelled call five minutes into interview. Employer never showed up for second interview. No explanations offered for rude behavior Received rejection email one month later.

AppDynamics

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AppDynamics in Apr 2022

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager, completed and presented a take home project to a panel including the hiring manager, then had three 1:1's. Disappointingly, I never heard back from anyone at the company after I completed the final 1:1's.

Interview Questions
  • What did your day-to-day look like in your most previous role? How often did you interact with customers, engineering or other stakeholders? What my interaction with marketing was related to a feature I launched at a previous role. Engineering comes back with a couple of proposals, how do you prioritize the approach?

AppDynamics

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at AppDynamics in Feb 2022

Interview

1. Delivery manager praised my profile and requested a call. 2. Phone call with discussion about the company and role. Interview scheduled. 3. Cleared the first video interview, was told they would invite me for the 2nd one. 4. Nothing for 2 weeks. Approached the delivery manager and she scheduled the 2nd interview with a senior consultant. 5. Detailed 2nd interview with lots of topics covered - job role, responsibilities, academia, achievements, company business etc. I was told that I would hear back for the next steps. 6. Never heard back. Tried to reach out to them but no response either.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a job where you have felt proud of yourself.
  • You received a University scholarship. How did you go about that process?
  • What sort of training/certification you would like to do?

AppDynamics

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at AppDynamics in Feb 2022

Interview

I had a very, very bad experience with this company! I applied for this position in December 2021, after hearing such good things over the years. I received the confirmation and an interview date request in mid-January 2022, which I immediately submitted. The hiring manager then requested a private interview outside of the interview process. However, he was on paternity leave, so I was required to wait until mid February 2022 to do so. Following a 30 minute interview in February 2022 with the hiring manager, I was then required to participate in a further FIVE interviews, two with a newly-appointed Team Leader, two with fellow analysts within the role across the organisation and AGAIN with the hiring manager. This interview process stretched from February 2022 to April 2022, with no guidance or information on the direction of the recruitment. After each interview, I allowed for at least a week before following up with the HR on the matter and was given very minimal guidance on the process. When conducting the interviews, all interviewers were incredibly out of the loop with the status of the onboarding and any other information related to the role. With a number of interviewers including the Team Lead, highlighting the fact that the hiring manager was making up all of the decisions as he goes along, with no plan or communication. Following the last communication received at the end of April 2022, I practically let go of the prospect. I then received a call at the end of May 2022 from the HR asking if I would consider the position as a contractor, which I agreed to. Since then in June 2022, I have received no communication from the HR or any other member of the Cisco/AppDynamics recruiting team or otherwise! Overall the process was VERY unorganised. I have successfully interviewed with other elite tech companies and have never seen such an unorganised company! It is VERY clear that the members of the team have ZERO confidence in the hiring manager's ability. It is quite unfortunate as Cisco AppDynamics has always been reported to have a great work culture. However it seems that the company is surviving based on the former glory established by employees who have jumped ship to competitors. Quite a sad experience.

Interview Questions
  • Typical interview questions: - Strengths - Weaknesses - Knowledge of the company and history - Knowledge of the position

AppDynamics

Application

I interviewed at AppDynamics

Interview

Introductory meeting with hiring manager. Work sample leveraging AppDyanmics. Fairly technical - need to be savvy with the command line. Took probably 8 hours. Then reviewed answers with the manager, who was super helpful in answering questions. After that had a chat with a teammate who helped answer my questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AppDynamics

Application

I interviewed at AppDynamics

Interview

It was a good and comprehensive interview process. And it was in campus placements and it was 4 rounds and 2 technical rounds 1 hiring manager round and 1 HR round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AppDynamics

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AppDynamics

Interview

The process interview is made of 6 phases, from which 2 technical. The first one with technical programming questions over the phone and the last one a project to deliver in two days in a language that you do not know well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at AppDynamics (London, England)

Interview

Good interview process, interviewers are really helpful and medium to hard difficulty questions based on DSA and computer science concepts. The interview was conducted on WebEx. Questions were on arrays, matrix, and sliding windows.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 330 Interviews

AppDynamics Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at AppDynamics as 40.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.02 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Software Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer In Test and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at AppDynamics takes an average of 16 days when considering 49 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Senior Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 40 days).

Common stages of the interview process at AppDynamics according to 49 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 27.14%