Arup Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Arup Interview Questions

Interviews at Arup

2.9

HVAC Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

very easy and forward. hr calls and checks in with you. then phone interview with a manager and associate. follow up in person. honestly just prepare as you would for a thermo engineer on the basics

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

I had a phone interview with typical behavioral questions, though the interviewer seemed distracted and as if they were just going through the motions with me. I felt like my responses were not connecting and generally that they did not care for what I had to say which may reflect of my skills as an interviewee.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was over the phone and was about 20 mins. The person that interviewed me wanted to know more information about what was on my resume. It was quick and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Arup?   1 Answer

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The company first reached out to conduct a phone interview. Lasted around 40 minutes, asked mostly about my resume and school. 3 hours later, they reached out again asking me to come in for an interview in the office and to prepare a 15 minute presentation on myself, my career goals, why I am a good fit for Arup, and an overview of 1 or 2 projects that I've worked on. I prepared for all of this pretty extensively the week before, and I brought in the powerpoint on a flash drive per Arup's request. The interview was overall very enjoyable and relaxed; it felt much more like a conversation than an interview. The interviewers (there were 2) really cared about me as a person rather than a student/job applicant. After the interview/presentation, which lasted around 30 minutes total, one of the interviewers gave me a tour of the office and gave me a lot of info about Arup as a company and the workplace atmosphere, etc. Overall very nice experience that I learned a lot from and wish other companies mimicked.

Interview Questions

• What do you envision your perfect job being like?   1 Answer

Sustainability Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

Did not get an interview, but the application process was straightforward. Submitted materials through their career portal. Needed to rewrite some components since it scans resume but otherwise no issues.

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Interview with supervisor and lead, average questions. Most questions focused on the requirements of the position and how you can deal with stressful situations. Read the requirements of the position helped me a lot on how to answer all the questions.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

It took 6+ months. Two parts: technical written + English written and interview.
    Technical questions (30min): 3 questions related to my discipline are really basic but I ran out of time.
    English written (10 mins): using a word to describe yourself

Interview: they basically reviewed my technical questions and asked some questions from my resume

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

I had a phone interview after applying online. Relatively easy questions on how I found ARUP and why I wanted to work there. I was under the impression I had a positive interview experience since they said they really liked my questions. After 2 weeks of not hearing a response, I kept logging on the online portal to track my application status. Never got a response and eventually my application was marked as rejected online a month an a half later.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

let us look at the presentation.
    then the interviewer came to call us
    interview for around 30 minutes
    after the interview, they take us a tour for the office
    overall process was around 1 hrs

Graduate Programmer Hong Kong Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arup (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Had a recruitment test - overseas arrangement, so had to go to one of their office's to give the test. Test was consisted of two parts , 30 min technical and 10 min English.

Interview Questions

• 1. Technical - Presented a scenario of a pedestrian bridge construction over an existing railway line. Determine pro's/ con's, decision influencing factors and then draw some bending moment diagrams for given frame designs.   Answer Question
    • 2. English - describe how you would fit in the work culture - 10mins time limit   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.