Atkins Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Atkins Interview Questions

Updated 13 May 2019

Sort:

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Interview was straight-forward. Most questions were directly related to my resume, no off-the-wall questions. Interviewers were very friendly and made situation comfortable. Process took about an hour and a half. The majority of questions dealt with how much experience I had in water compliance and field work. Be prepared to go in detail on your resume and review course work if recently graduated.

Interview Questions

• What courses did you take while in school?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Atkins (Raleigh, NC (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by entire team. Talked about past projects I've been involved in, and how they can help me with my work there. Also discussed scheduling for the work week.

Hrd Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Atkins.

Interview

Very lengthy, had to make numerous follow-ups to get to a single step up, the recruiter was very slow and they didnt explain the full process well, they don't respond with feedback or reply to courtesy thank you emails,

Interview Questions

• typical experience questions, they were reading from assessment papers but they got so much sidetracked overall   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkins (Kirkland, WA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

It was approximately 1 hour and a half. I received the interview through an on campus informational session with Atkins. The position mainly dealt with stress analysis of airplane wings. When you first come in they give you three sheets of paper with a question on each of them. The remaining time is spent on behavioral questions and finding more about your personality.

Interview Questions

• There were questions on buoyancy, simply supported beams, and a situational question where you are given two straps and asked where to place them on a member to lift it safely without breaking. (I interviewed with a civil background). My aero buddies say they were giving questions on a ball rolling down a hill of some sort and were asked questions about the dynamics of it. Be sure to know all about drag, lift, and buoyancy if you are aero of course!   1 Answer

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Columbia, MO (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I Put in an application one week and by the next week I was called back. So put in an application and go-to the interview. It's not hard at all.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at Atkins (India, TX (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

group activity after acad seive then group discussion then interview.
    the overall process was smooth.
    interview duration may increase if they feel you are the right person.
    in the end you will have to ask them a sensible question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

The first interview was a technical interview almost 45 mins long. Questions were behavioral and mostly related to my thesis work.
    On-site interview went on the whole day. I was asked to give a technical presentation during which a lot of presentation based questions were asked. I was interviewed by a group of employed engineers first and then by 3 managers separately. Overall it was all resume based and not very difficult.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Atkins in January 2015.

Interview

I have applied through their career website, answering to several background, attitude and motivation questions.
    After a week, I have been sent a link to complete an online assessment, both numerical and text comprehension. The test lasts about an hour and it requires cold thinking, given the time pressure. Its result has been sent to me within one day and, being positive, my application moved forward.
    After some other two months, I got a phone call from the graduate office to arrange a first skype interview. This one has been very relaxed and merely about their and mine expectations, as well as on my academic/professional background and on the features of the graduate programme.
    Eventually, after a positive answer to the skype interview, I have been invited to the Epsom HQ and I have had the "short version" of their standard assessment interview: after a small talk, I was given some technical problems to solve (most of them where very basic, while some other structural problems were a little tricky) in 45 minutes, then I had to discuss my answers (both wrong and correct) with two examiner and, eventually, I had to write a letter of expropriation as if i were the project manager. They let me know the result of this last interview in one week and promptly made their offer.

Interview Questions

• I would pay much attention to the first two steps of the recruitment process: take your time to answer to the motivation and background questions and take some example tests before trying the online assessment.
      For the tech interview, just read again the basics of civil engineering, study a little bit of structure analysis and, obviously, be well prepared in your area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the starting day for the contract, as i was pleased with the rest of their offer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was laid back/casual during lunch time. Meet the leader of the group as well as who would be my manager. Walked around the office, and I met a few of the employees.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Atkins (New York, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was really friendly! I got there and they asked me to wait for 10 mins. Before the chat, they toured me around the office. And spoke to me about how I am learning in school, and introduced me the current project they are working on.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.