Bandwidth Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.7

Sort:

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Email questionnaire -> HR phone screen -> On-site Interview
    I went through the email questionnaire and HR phone screen. I passed the email questionnaire and HR phone screen, and scheduled the on-site interview. But the day before the on-site interview, the recruiter emailed me and said they are in a hiring freeze so they cannot guarantee a immediate position. So, I did not do the on-site interview. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• The email questionnaire was on binary trees and basic computer networking concepts. HR phone screen was pretty basic, just be yourself and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bandwidth.

Interview

I first had a phone interview where I had to brief them about my past experience, my course projects (I am graduate masters student) after which I was asked a couple of HR questions. They confirmed my onsite interview the same day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly all questions were straight forward where they covered mostly all the basics of programming language (Java in my case), algorithms, Networking concepts, talked about my prior telecommunication industry experience, asked questions on telecommunication domain.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bandwidth.

Interview

Three round interview. All common white board questions.
    They were late in starting my interview, went to a meeting mid interview, then kicked me out early for an all hands. The interviewers didn't seem as good as they pretended to be - by not prepping on their own interview questions they were asking. One interviewer left the interview midway for a meeting and then spent the rest of his interview on his phone. Dude thinks he's a genius when in reality he's socially disconnected from people. So needless to say, I was pissed the rest of the onsite and stopped caring I could fail. I already have a good job, needed interview prep, and was shopping around so it was no big deal to see a rejection from them. However, if I got an offer I would have declined seeing how their management treats interviewees.

If you're looking for a company that is late to interviews, rude to guests, and don't follow up after you fail their onsite - it's a match.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

HR phone screen -> Pre-screen test -> on-site interview

Process took ~1 week.
    I had a total of 3 interviews each a hour long.

First interviewers seemed like a tool. Self adsorbed, told me he thought he was sexy.

I had two in the second interview. They were pretty cool.

Third interviewer seemed pretty cool too but a little lost on his own questions

Not sure what else they wanted from me I got most of the stuff maybe I just didn't fit in with the culture.

Interview Questions

• Typical Algorithm stuff, how I would design an elevator system, few database questions, given a number less than 1000 return the "word" form of that number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I interviewed in early 2018 and the process was as follows:

1. Recruiter emailed me ~1 week after I applied
    2. Initial recruiter call (basic behaviorial and experience questions)
    3. 40 minute coding challenge (1 question)
    4. Hiring manager phone call
    5. On site

The onsite was 3 hours long and I was interviewed by 3 different people. Each person asked me one whiteboard question (1hr each).

Overall the experience was nothing out of the norm except for the number of references they ask for. Prior to the onsite, they will ask you to provide an online survey to 5 references. 2 of the 5 must be prior managers/supervisors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Applied online.
    Received email back scheduling a preliminary phone interview. Standard kinda 'Round 1' things. Cover resume, and company, position, etc.
    Scheduled an in-person interview after that, about 1 week later (at your discretion).
    Met with 3 people at the company, separately. There is a technical section on the whiteboard, but it is fairly straightforward.
    They will perform a background check.

Interview Questions

• Convert integer to its numeric counterpart.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was initially sent a small evaluation asking some basic computer science theory questions and some networking questions. I then had a short phone interview with someone from HR. After that, I had 3 30 minute interview with three different groups in the same session. The first two groups consisted of members of different dev teams and the last was with HR again.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then was called in for an in person interview. The interview took approximately 3 to 4 hours. During the interview I spoke with an HR representative, my potential boss, and the VP of software development. During the technical interview, I was asked various small coding questions that took about 30 minutes each to complete.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that converts an integer to a string   1 Answer
    • Write a program that returns the index of the longest substring of repeated characters within a string.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Typical Phone Interview Followed by Onsite Interview with 3 people. Technical, Manager and Director. Interview Questions are purely technical and all 3 will expect you to have a deep technical knowledge of low level code. They showed zero interest in actually getting to know me and my experience. First interviewer was the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. He was extremely rude and referred to himself as a 'Brilliant Jerk', asked me to pseudo code a problem on the board then proceeded to critique my syntax. When I pointed this out his response was 'Well....'. The next 2 were pretty straightforward, but focused heavily on technical, so it was clear they were looking for a code monkey. I feel that they are missing a lot of value in candidates if all you are looking for is a low level programmer. Their pay is super low, because they try to tout their 'benefits' package which does not even come close to the loss you'll incur in pay in a salaried year. Which says a lot about their company. Based on my interactions here I would not recommend this company unless you are an offshore developer. I also was contacted by this companies recruiter themselves, out of the blue, so I would recommend that they not waste other candidates time and only reach out to candidates who fit the small spectrum that their looking for.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bandwidth.

Interview

Be prepared to sit through hours of interviews. Bandwidth is pretty selective about the culture of their folks - for good reason. Dress like you mean it, be professional, be honest and have integrity... and definitely show your personality!

Negotiation

Yes, it wasn't too hard. If you're worth it, they'll pay or at least negotiate something that's doable.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.