Blizzard Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Blizzard Entertainment Interview Questions

Interviews at Blizzard Entertainment

Product Related Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

A couple of phone inerviews with recruiter from Blizzard, followed by an all day in-person interview in Irvine with 12 people; 6 interviews with 2 people in each session. Heard back about 10 days after the interview that they werent making an offer,

Interview Questions

• General hypothetcial scenario type questions, also some vague, broad questions about 'should we do this' or 'what do you think about that' etc. A couple were challenging as they clearly had a specific right answer in mind. Overall, not too tough but with 12 people involved in the decision making, makes it tough to get a consensus I would think.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment.

Interview

Smooth interview process from start to finish. Recruiters were very responsive throughout the process and transparent about the job role. On-site interview was welcoming as they give you a tour of the whole campus showing the various amenities and perks of working at Blizzard.

Interview Questions

• What strategy are you most proud of implementing in a campaign and what impact did it have?   Answer Question

Associate Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was nothing less of professional. The questions posed helped to know what expectations there were for the position as well as get a feel for the work environment. It was very easy to speak with the interviewers and the questions didn't feel rigid which helped the conversation continue fluidly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

There were 3 parts to the interview process. First was with the recruiter to know my background and prep me for the second interview. The second interview was a technical interview with the tech lead of the team. That interview was roughly an hour phone call touching across common back-end interview questions. After that, they decide whether to bring you on campus for a final round interview. It was roughly 6.5 hour interview, separated into individual sections that included lunch.

Interview Questions

• Question on hypothetical distributed system mathematics   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. I had a conversation with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the team. After the phone interview I was offered an on-site interview. The process included a take home exam, a written exam on-site, and a panel of people interviewing with a couple of questions on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be comfortable with a white board test.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Started with a phone call with my recruiter, then a following phone call with the technical lead for my team. After that was the last step, an on-site interview with multiple rounds.

Interview Questions

• Which of the 7 core values do you most closely align with?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Everyone was friendly and professional throughout the process. Recruiters did a great job communicating with me. Blizzard places a strong emphasis on culture fit and passion for games, so be prepared to talk about both.

My process started with a 1 hour phone call with a recruiter, which was mainly walking through my past experience. Afterwards, I had a 1 hour technical phone call with the leads of the team I would be joining, which was more in-depth to make sure that my skills matched the job description. Then, I took a short programming test at home, which tested basic programming knowledge in game development. Finally, I visited Irvine for a full day onsite interview with multiple rounds, which covered a wide variety of skill and culture fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your ideal development process when working on a team.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online and spoke to their recruiter after a few days. She was very informative about the whole process and very responsive. Did an initial phone interview with the hiring manager for an hour and was able to convey my experience and expectations for the role. After a few weeks, went onto the Blizzard campus for the onsite interview. The campus is sprawling, with many artifacts of Blizzard games. You can definitely feel the excitement and culture of the company just walking around the space.

The onsite interview consisted of several 1 on 1 and group panels, taking up around 6 hours. It was a fair interview with a broad range of topics, some technical, others cultural. I came away with it impressed at everyone's professionalism and their overall goal to improve the company's core values.

After the interview panel, I was shown around the campus and was provided a goodie bag as well. The offer came in after a few days and I accepted. Everything was well informed and transparent. I want to provide a special shoutout to the recruiting team that made this smooth.

Interview Questions

• Design an architecture to handle high request throughput   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

From me applying to getting an offer letter took about 2 months. In this time I had a screener interview with the recruiter, a technical phone screen with the hiring manager (team lead), 75-minute online assessment, and then a half-day onsite interview.

Everyone in the process was super nice and friendly.

The entire process seemed organized and was scheduled well.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The entire process took just over 2 months to complete. This was delayed a bit due to Thanksgiving break and Blizzcon occurring during my interview process.

I applied on linkedIn after seeing a job posting and then was reached out to by the in house recruiter a few days later. We had a 30 minute phone call going over what the roll would entail. At the end of the call the recruiter told me the next step would be a technical phone interview.

A few days later I had the technical phone interview. I was interviewed by the hiring manager on the team and a developer that I would potentially be working with. This lasted 70 minutes and the questions consisted of material related to the job I was applying for and cultural fit questions.

Following the phone interview, the next step was having an in person interview with members of the team. Before coming in I was asked to complete a small project that would take no longer than 3 hours that they could look over before I came into the office.

The in person interview consisted of 4 sets of 1-1.5 hour meetings with differing members of the team and took most of the day. The first interview was a technical interview with 2 members of the team I would be working directly with. They asked me questions related to the language we code in, and had me do a whiteboard problem with them. Second was a lunch interview with 3 members of the team. This was a chance to see my cultural fit with the team and also gave them and myself a chance to ask questions to each other. Third was a coding challenge where I was given a task and a laptop and asked to code in front of the hiring manager and a fellow developer. Lastly was with a director and senior engineer asking architecture related questions, which included whiteboard drawing out a mock application.

A week after the in person interview I received a call from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.