Box Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Box Interview Questions

Interviews at Box

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Box.

Interview

-email to schedule a time to talk with an EA
    -30 min phone call with an EA
    -30 min phone call with a recruiter
    -2.5- hour interview with 5 EAs
    - next round with executives?

Interview Questions

• Typical situational/behavioral questions pertaining to the profession   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Box (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Last year I interviewed with 15+ software companies and Box was definitely the worst experience. The recruiters and hiring manager were disrespectful of my time. For the 1:1 interview with the hiring manager the recruiter didn't give me the office location and didn't respond to calls or emails in the days leading up to the interview. Luckily I figured out the WeWork location on my own. But the actual interview was terrible and in hindsight I wish I'd stopped it and left. I should mention that I was never interested in a career at Box but was heavily pursued by multiple Box recruiters. I finally caved after one very positive and convincing call with a recruiter who reached out weekly. She was great but passed me to a more local recruiter (the one who I couldn't reach for the address) who said she wanted to setup a casual lunch for me and the manager to get to know one another. To my surprise, the 12:00 meeting wasn't a lunch but instead we went to a WeWork conference room where I was grilled with trivia type questions for an hour in a really condescending manner. It felt like a big time bait and switch and left a really negative impression.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you improved a customer's process or workflow   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Box in April 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy and difficult. I put more effort and time into this process than I have with any other company comparatively for similar roles and pay.

My first interview was a digital DIY format where you were given pretty typical interview questions via video or text and recorded your answers. It was then followed up with a phone screening from a recruiter, which in my experience has been the initial contact with any other company.

After that I was put in touch with a hiring manager and had an interview with her that went seemingly well. The final step was what really threw me for a loop. They scheduled four back-to-back 30 min interviews that were followed by another 30 min where I presented a demo on their product (something I had spent hours preparing the day before). A 2.5 hour process in total.

After all of that, I came out of the interview feeling good about it. It took a full week later before I received a message from the HR recruiter they were not moving forward, because while my resume and background were impressive it wasn't quite what they were looking for in this role. It really feels like if that were the case they should have been able to weed me out of the hiring process a little earlier.

Coming out of the process it feels like a lot of time wasted and effort expended on a job that would have barely paid over 40k which isn't a lot in Austin, TX. Maybe I'm better for it, because their expectations seem to be set very high for what is described as a standard support role and what they're paying for it. I've done support jobs and have done them well, so I'm a little confused about the real reasoning for not moving forward with me and would have appreciated more information in my rejection after spending so much time engaging with their interview process.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Box (Redwood City, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached out based on my online profile and setup a technical phone screen. They obviously know what my background is and the skillset I bring to the table.

Phone screen setup relatively quickly and the interviewers seemed friendly and nice to talk to. 3 coding interview Qs of increasing difficulty level. Wrote code on coderpad for all 3 in the alloted time, walked through testcases and interviewers agreed on the solution and correctness.

2 days later get a cold rejection e-mail indicating my background does not fit the requirement.

Duh !! What a waste of time and effort...

Interview Questions

• Bit manipulation, pagehit counter and some Qs to return topK integers in files in a directory.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Box (Redwood City, CA (US)).

Interview

Completed HR phone screens, was invited to do multiple on-site interviews with stakeholders and member of the team. Process fairly long team members and HR were all very pleasant but process was not very clear. Despite very good interviews highly relevant experience - they did not make an offer and said they were looking for something slightly different.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through resume, asked for case study, was also asked to walk them through relevant previous projects.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a positive experience. I applied online, was sent a coding challenge. And then a phone interview, still waiting for the updates. The recruiter was quite helpful, she helped out throughout the whole process and was understanding about the schedules

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Box (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. 2 Phone interviews with recruiter and hiring manager, then I was brought on site for 6 30-min interviews with members on different teams.
    The recruiter informed me that the on-site interviews were going to be situation questions but I didn't get any, they were all about my experience. I was asked 90% the same questions by different interviews. It seemed like the interviewers never read my resume or weren't prepared at all. The recruiter called me after 1 week and say I didn't get the job.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Box (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Worst company I've ever applied for. After applying for OVER a year in the accounting department their incompetent recruiters has made it obvious that they have a person problem or maybe it's an ethnicity issue. But they need to evaluate the recruiter of this department as I'm rejected immediately after the process.

Associate Implementation Consultant Interview

Interview

This interview process consisted of: recruiter screen, 1-1 call with team member, and 2.5 hour onsite.

The first two conversations are casual in nature, assessing background and fit. The onsite required a presentation to a hypothetical client with a demo of the Box platform.

This role is best suited for those with extensive software implementation experience with strong technical domain knowledge. There was a slight misalignment with what I was told to focus on, and what I was actually tested on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this implementation strategy is right for us?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Box.

Interview

So far the best interview experience in my 10+ years of working career. Right from the email conversations to how things were handled onsite, I can never forget it. Box is a happy place with a bunch of smart people and would highly recommend it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.