Box Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Box Interview Questions

Updated 8 May 2019

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of four people. The questions were mainly what you would do in xyz senario questions and maybe one or two behavioral questions. It was rather informal and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Are you more interested in contact administration or operations and why?   1 Answer

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Altos, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Box (Los Altos, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

The internal recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, and the while the overall OTE was less than what I am currently making, I decided to entertain them. We had about two phone interviews, followed by an onsite (3-4 hour) interview with around 6 more people, followed by presentation to the VP over the phone, followed by more phone interviews. I was open and honest about my current situation (which is a big management mess) and they told me that was taken as being a "negative" person. I reminded them that THEY reached out to ME (I wasnt actually shopping at the time) however I guess they didnt see it that way? They are also growing a bit too fast for my comfort and after speaking to internal sales employees that was confirmed. Glad an offer wasnt made as I wouldnt have accepted it.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Box (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Introduced through a external recruiter. Initial phone interview with an internal recruiter. Second phone interview with sales manager. Email sales exercise (2-3 sample sales emails). In person interview with 4-5 people on sales team. Last step is phone interview with head of sales for company.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Box (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Box is an incredible company and the interview process proved that they are efficient and take the time to know every individual in order to determine how they will fit with the company. The interview process took a total of 3-4 weeks starting with 2 phone screens with a recruiter, a 30 minute call with a sales manager, followed by a 2.5 interview round robin process with 5 interviews with different teams members and lastly, a 30 minute call with the director of sales/strategy. My recruiter was excellent at preparing me for each interview and each conversation was free flowing and in depth with my past experience.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Box (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Process consisted of an initial phone call with their sales recruiter. One week later, I spoke with the manager of the team. From there I was asked to come in for an on-site and meet with members of the team. Overall it was one of the most professional and streamlined experiences I've encountered.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied in July 2012. In early August 2012, I received an email from HR to set up phone interview with a talent recruiter. Spoke with the recruiter and was asked general questions about my contracts knowledge and experiences. I explained I have a JD and have negotiated technology and software business contracts exclusively for the past 3 years. I went into great detail (for just under an hour) and was then asked if I was willing to relocate to Palo Alto (I currently live in the Milwaukee, WI area). I expressed that I was interested in relocating and would do so. I mentioned that I've lived in California previously.

The talent recruiter acted very excited to fly me out for an in-person interview and went on and on about how great the Palo Alto facilities and people are. She said she would (for sure) set up a Skype interview with me and the Corporate Counsel, but would run it by him first. Of course I was surprised and irritated when I followed up and got the cold shoulder. No flight out to HQs. No Skype. No answer to inquiries. The only follow up I received was a generic "This position has been filled" email, which I received in September 2012. Shame.

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Box (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Just a phone interview with a 21 year old just out of college. This start up company just wants to hire young people and not experienced workers. I was turned off by the phone interview. They asked basic questions nothing hard. The person I interviewed with just wanted to know about my experience and also asked if I ever worked for a start-up, when I asked questions about the company, the answers were very short and it didn't get me excited about the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Box.

Interview

Applied online and was offered an interview within two weeks
    First interviewer was nice and took time to learn more about me
    Second interviewer talked less than 3 minutes the entire interview

Interview Questions

• Given array find all the sets of two numbers that add up to a target number
      Elevator Question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Box.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter to set up a techinical interview right away. Talked to two engineers, I thought both went well. One asked about the elevator question and another asked to write a method that determines whether a tree is unival.

Interview Questions

• The elevator question might catch someone off guard if you don't think about it before/code it out.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Box in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online and received an email from the recruiter regarding a phone screen in less than 12 hours. I sent in my availability and eventually scheduled an interview for a week later. I had two back to back hour long technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Implement a method to check if a tree is unival   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.