Box Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Oct 14, 2019

3.9
Box CEO Aaron Levie
Aaron Levie
Pros
  • "Great culture, almost everyone is awesome to work with(in 37 reviews)

• "Free food *if* you work in Redwood city(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is no 401k match and honestly Box can do better with making an initiative to do that(in 19 reviews)

• "No 401K matching but awesome ESPP plan(in 16 reviews)

1. "Manager"

I have been working at Box full-time

Pros

very good package and cool working enviroment

Cons

time problem sometimes else very good

Advice to Management

try to improve

Box2017-09-26
  2. "incredible"

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

best culture around. Box has completely mastered culture.

Cons

You work hard, but you also get paid well.

Box2019-10-04

"Incapable Management, hiring and promotion stop"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Box full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great product Nice office Great lunch

Cons

Incapable leadership in EMEA, management doesn’t deliver on promises, micro management, no career progression

Advice to Management

Sort out EMEA leadership immediately

Box2019-10-14

"Run Far Away recent restructure"

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist

I have been working at Box full-time

Pros

Your colleagues are some of the best to work around with and in some locations e.g. HQ you get catered food but you still get lunches in New York and Austin just not as good. Also, LearnFest and initiatives in your Local Office like Impact Day is always fun.

Cons

The main issue is in particular with this role is the recent restructure and the new management who took over. If you are thinking about applying for this particular role, think again. Expect to not be paid at a competitive salary level. One of the pain points we had in general with this level is that our contracts were negotiated so overtime was a consistent venue where we could earn extra money to make up for the... continued expensive living in Austin especially. If you are going to take that away to make room for headcount then invest in all your employees and uplevel everyone’s base salary pay for those who signed on with this. The other issue is micromanagement. Oh yes this is an issue that has just begun. If you do happen to do overtime and you are hourly, then expect to put the reasoning on your time sheet and at times get singled out by management to go over it in detail. This can be for anything and I know multiple people have expressed discontent over this and people are quitting over this built on top of everything. We used to get lab days which were days you can go learn from different departments that was taken away too. We have expressed this to management and our People Partner multiple times and the diversity director. I think people are aware. But from what I know and what was expressed to me from my colleagues was that no action was done and our People Partner agreed with this direction. What was said is never followed through for example I was told as long as we clarified our time sheets it would be all good then why are my colleagues and I still being singled out for one/ones regarding this if that truly was the case. Morale is at an all time low and the only redeeming quality are the people you work around. The other sad fact is if you are interested in growing more technical or a certain area in support don’t expect to be placed there immediately or there at all. People are dropping like flies and if they are not dropping overly stressed and burning out from this which is so ironic since the 40 hour cap was not supposed to cause this but it is. Anyways, expect to remain stagnant and if you do get to move to a sub area consider yourself lucky because some of the tenured individuals have not and been passed over a few times and despite working diligently hard are never recognized. This is really toxic right now and if you are a new graduate although Box is a top company and outside of Support it may be better I would not recommend applying for this particular role at this moment. You are better off going to a smaller company and getting a good foot there. People are quitting before their year mark in. The other lack of thing in Box is the 401k. There is no 401k match and honestly Box can do better with making an initiative to do that.

Advice to Management

What I said above people partner and upper management needs to stop telling one thing and not following through. Never consistent. Stop micromanaging it’s causing your team to drop in low morale and is driving everyone crazy. If things keep up at this rate, then expect more turnover from the team. Also acknowledge the tenured folks (greater than 8 months) on the job. Some folks are never acknowledged if you expect... to retain these individuals I suggest acknowledging their efforts more consistently and openly. Morale is at an all time low. Also listen to your employees. Stop redirecting the questions they have with another question.

Box2019-10-12

"Great in US not in EMEA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

-great technology, lovely colleagues, free lunch and snacks... People and tech really great, you will build friendships.

Cons

EMEA business clearly struggling as complete wrong strategy. No branding or brand awareness in Europe, hard to build any relationship. Proper support and training of staff. Management pretend to be super great, but it's not... Sales through all channels and teams a struggling and it's more or less very challenging. There is nothing like a team spirit, anyone who says something else is just not telling you the... truth. This is sales team related, other teams doing far better.

Advice to Management

Lots of people are leaving, please stop to pretend everything is great, it's not! Please stop faking things up! Stick to your value you preaching day and night... Could be a really good place to work, but....

Box2019-10-10
  6. "Best value driven company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great management across the board - great product, fast pace of innovation - core company values drives innovation and creativity across the company (Be an owner) and makes everyone feel they can impact the direction and success of the company

Cons

- Sometimes the product messaging changes to quickly - fast organic growth sometime means high turnover in sales which can be annoying

Advice to Management

- keep it up - don't sell the company to OpenText or another dinosaur

Box2019-09-27

"Nice to work if you find a good team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Box full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good culture good work life balance

Cons

less areas of growth company going nowhere

Box2019-09-24

"Outstanding culture, strong leadership and opportunities abound"

Current Employee - Director of Strategic Partnerships in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Box full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+ Great culture from work life balance to ERGs to parental benefits + Leadership is driven to succeed and transparent with employees + Competitive pay and equity + Genuine opportunity to make a huge impact

Cons

- Competition closing in on product differentiation - Getting a bit slower to reach decisions as it grows - Lots of recent mgmt turn over

Box2019-09-15

"Box sham"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Box full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Food - employees are fed lunch and dinner. Environment- HQ is a beautiful building. Solid employees - good people.

Cons

Leadership has done significant damage to the performance and morale of employees. Epic place to work - not so much. Culture was well defined, unfortunately it appears to have been lip service.

Advice to Management

COO has done significant damage to morale and is running your company to the ground. Employees should be valued more and the leadership high school cliques need to end. Also the People and your people org are horrible

Box2019-08-31

"no"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at Box full-time

Pros

Free lunch, good views, nice colleagues

Cons

Micro Managment, poor leadership, poor training

Box2019-10-03