Box Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.2
Box Co-founder & CEO Aaron Levie
Aaron Levie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work life balance, depending on your team" (in 23 reviews)

• "Great culture, almost everyone is awesome to work with" (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "401k matching would be nice too, but I heard it's in the works" (in 14 reviews)

• "There are some growing pains, but luckily culture has not been sacrificed" (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Box full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great culture, almost everyone is awesome to work with
    -The perks are top notch (unlimited PTO, free lunch, free snacks, good benefits etc)
    -Management team has superb vision
    -Company is doing well and in a great place to take the ECM market
    -Aaron is a truly incredible person that I believe will lead the company to great places
    -I have never felt the need to write a glassdoor review for any company I've worked for until I came to Box. It's that great.

Cons

-As Box grows it becomes harder for everyone to buy into the culture set by our CEO. Especially for hires that are older and from different backgrounds. I would caution candidates that aren't looking for a start-up culture even though Box is well beyond start-up stage.
    -Honestly not that many cons come to mind. Couldn't recommend it more.

2. "Manager"

I have been working at Box full-time

Pros

very good package and cool working enviroment

Cons

time problem sometimes else very good

Advice to Management

try to improve

3. "Work-Life Balance"

I worked at Box full-time

Pros

Loved the people I worked with. Great communication with management and awesome, fun facilities!

Cons

Would have liked a higher salary =)

"Love working here"

I have been working at Box full-time

Pros

Love working here in our health focus sales so much, it pains me that I was working at so many bad previous jobs in healthcare tech

Cons

Don't work with the best cloud EHR vendors like Modernizing Medicine, advancedMD

Advice to Management

Focus on healthcare and partner well

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Box full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong autonomy, work/life balance and opportunities for career progression. Most of all, coworkers care about you on a personal level and want to help you succeed.

Cons

Few and far between. The lack of 401k match is a common complaint but Box offers many other perks like aggressive employee stock purchase program, lunch stipend, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep emphasizing a strong workplace culture, it really makes a difference!

"Good place"

Pros

Good place to work and learn

Cons

Not enough money for the amount of work

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Box full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Products itself is pretty good. A lot of smart people, and everyone is willing to jump in and help including the exec team. From an AE perspective, all the managers I've come across have been excellent. If you are working at HQ, it seems like a pretty cool place to be. Box is also well respected in the cloud space

Cons

Inside sales team are pretty bad, but I believe it's because their overwhelmed as they cover 1:3 or 1:4. Have a hard time bringing product to market, not a lot of differentiators between Box and their competitors especially Microsoft. The channel and partner eco-system is pretty weak. The sales cycle is extremely long. The engineers and their management openly trash talk one another and AEs. I was extremely surprised the first time I heard it but it was done so much it seemed to be a common practice. The swim lanes seem to be constantly changing between the AE,IR,OBR, and CSM. There is always push back when delegating, especially between the IRs and CSMs which causes more of a division than anything else. So if you're coming on as an AE be prepared to just take on more of the load if you want stuff to get done in a timely manner. The comp plan/goals is different between the AEs and the support so you can imagine the issues that may cause if you an your IR or OBR have different objectives. Lastly, there is a high turn over rate for AEs.

"Box Inc Review"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Dearborn, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Dearborn, MI (US)

I have been working at Box full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, team oriented atmosphere

Cons

A lot of competition can make sales challenging

"Pretty great but a lot of room to improve"

I have been working at Box full-time

Pros

-The people hands down. I have really enjoyed being here and have a learned a lot from some really kind, smart and humble people.
    -The perks are always nice, especially lunch as the kitchen staff is amazing.
    -There's some transparency but I've noticed it start to slip away a lot more as Box has grown.
    -A lot of opportunity for side projects and cross functionality, but mainly driven by you.
    - I think a lot of work life balance depends on the team you're on but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people pulling crazy hours a lot.

Cons

-There are a lot of people who have been at Box for a while and have become managers because of tenure, not experience, which makes for a lot of disjointed management as people are "Figuring it out" and given a lot of faith to do well without help even though they're newer managers.
    -Top heavy company, not a lot of roles for younger people to start out in.
    -A lot of experienced managers leaving lately.
    -People team is a mess even with a new CPO, she doesn't seem to care to spend time with her teams that need direction and her focus seems mainly on exec.
    - Also, 401K match ya'll, get with it!

Advice to Management

-Think about scale, let some new fresh blood come in and help them grow.
    -Promote people who deserve to be managers, not just people who have been here for years.

"Unpleasant"

Pros

None na no zip nada

Cons

This horrific experience, which messed with me to my core, was a combo of the contracting ‘company’ I worked through and Box. I can’t even elaborate except to say I’m now with an organization (and my org prior to Box) that empowers employees and there’s autonomy but also support and consistent check ins. My boss and I chat repeatedly throughout the day and I’m a contractor!!! Box treats contractors like second class. And the full time people, in this function, are literally 23-25 and love themselves even though they lack actual life and professional experience. Weird how everyone chooses every other tech company to join 🧐

Advice to Management

Modernize your management approach and stop hiring straight out of school recruiters.