CN Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 11 May 2019

2.5

Sort:

Signal Maintainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CN (Jackson, MS (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Face to face with supervisor who was very easy to talk to very laid back and asked questions that pertained to job as long as you have skills that job requires the interview is very easy

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CN (Pueblo, CO (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying through the CN site, a HR representative called to set up an interview. The interview was web based through Webex. In attendance were the HR representative I spoke with on the phone, the senior manager of the group, a former manager of the group, and a team leader of a similar group.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever changed the minds of your colleagues after they were initially opposed to an idea you had presented?   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CN.

Interview

The interview process initially was fine. I went through the usual process of being vetted by the recruiter first and it went quite well. He told me the next step in the process would be a technical discussion with the manager and team members in the coming days. However, days turned into about 1.5-2 weeks and so I followed up. The recruiter said we're on track and then scheduled the 2nd interview with me HOWEVER - he asked me the same questions as the first interview and then apologized that he had actually lost my file and needed to go through the first interview again. Ridiculous. After another 2 weeks I followed up but was told that the salary expectations didn't line up. I was confused because in the first interview with the recruiter he actually told me the salary range and though I was at the high-end when I told them my expectations I was not mis-aligned. I found the whole process confusing and amateurish.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CN (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Was good face-to-face interview, not tough...but that depends on interview of course. Was screen first by recruiting firm over a month, then had one phone interview, then face-to-face interview. Once negotiated salary took over month to go through security and drug checks/tests. I think the interview process varies greatly in this corporation.

Negotiation

Asked for more and it was a challenge to even get 2.5% increase. That said taking the job was a big pay increase.

Transportation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CN in June 2011.

Interview

To time consuming and not well explained. The job was not reslly explain as in having to be gone from home most of the time and you'd know your crew better than you know your family.

Interview Questions

• Is it ok to steal from an employer?   1 Answer

Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CN (Memphis, TN (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Met with HR and Transportation Manager. She asked basic questions and gave a good job description as far as pay and benefits, shifts, and promotion potential. Not sure why their hiring process is so lengthy.

Railroad Conductor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CN (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

After you pass the online assessment you are given about a week's notice for hiring session. Switch test followed by scary job description followed by interview with HR rep and ops manager. Real conductors need not apply. Walmart greeters? In like Flynn.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CN (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process went well. There was a short initial phone screening with a representative from HR about a week after applying. Following the initial screening there was a webinar with pertinent info and then formal interviews (conducted via phone).

Interview Questions

• What are some types of people that you find it hard to work with?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize things when completing various tasks?   Answer Question

Freight Conductor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CN (Memphis, TN (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Apply online, receive email with online assessment, two hours to complete, then invited for interview. Mass interview with about 25 other applicants, complete a "switching" test and then oral board interview with give me an example type questions. Very informal.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to work with others and it did not turn out well.   Answer Question

Freight Conductor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CN (Fond du Lac, WI (US)).

Interview

Failed the switch test by one. Will try again in 6 months. Make sure you are well rested and alert. Test takes a lot of thought. Don't overthink it and you will be fine.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.