Centene Interview Questions

Updated 7 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 482 of over 482 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Centene

Centene

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene

Interview

After applying, initial contact was made by email from the hiring manager, and then a phone interview. After completing the phone interview, an in person interview was conducted with all members on the hiring team. This was roughly 5 people, each with their own questions. No whiteboarding was involved. Technical questions were focused on SQL.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about debugging experience.
    1 Answer

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

The prescreen was all on video. Very impersonal and it felt odd. Be yourself and don’t read. If you rehearse too much and your personality doesn’t come through you most likely won’t be called.

Interview Questions
  • What do I like about employee relations.

Centene

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene

Interview

One prescreen interview pretty straightforward, and asked about myself and what my interest is in the position. A week later final interview a week later with panel of 3 supervisors.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Centene (Ban Phone Savang) in Apr 2021

Interview

Took them a while to address my application. Then they sent an email stating they were trying to hire a senior leader for this position so to hold off. About 3 months later I got a phone interview. It was yesterday. The interviewer told me it would be a lead over ten forecasters and I explained that my initial salary requirement needed to be raised due to that. I explained why and all were relative to workforce management and she back tracked and said “you won’t really be their leader so maybe we should not raise the expectation.” I explained with my experience and advance knowledge of forecasting, along with my technical certifications, it would require more money. She immediately got short with me. I most likely won’t be moved forward because I will not allow someone who has NO IDEA what my job entails or what the department she is hiring for to devalue me. And a woman doing that to another woman is so gross. Definitely will not be applying for another job. Educate your recruiters on the positions they are hiring or have someone in the field on the phone with them. What a joke.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO) in Apr 2021

Interview

1 call with team director - basic behavioural interview 1 technical call with team - 3 members on call, tough questions about research and statistics under a clinical and healthcare spectrum

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centene in Apr 2021

Interview

When I was contacted by a recruiter, we discussed my background and experience in-depth. I mentioned I was more interested in another position but the recruiter pressured me to apply for the position he was recruiting for. I asked point blank if my lack of experience in one requirement was a deal-breaker as I did not want to waste my time if so. He pressured me to apply for the job and NEVER followed-up about the job I wanted to interview for. After weeks of wasting my time, they told me I did not have enough experience in the ONE area I inquired about therefore they completely wasted my time and energy. There was lower tiered position they didn’t even consider me for.The rest of the feedback was asinine and irrelevant. I will never apply for a position at this company again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene (San Bernardino, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interviewers at CENTENE were so pleasant. This was the most comfortable interview I have ever had. They were very friendly and down to earth yet professional at the same time.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were mostly centered around experience.
  • Question around geographical area traveling.

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

The first round of the interview was submitting video answers to a series of questions about the role specifically and more general industry knowledge. Due to COVID precautions, the next round of the interview was handled via Zoom with video, but by this point I think everyone's pretty comfortable with the process of a video call. Overall, I appreciated the ability to interview remotely while still getting a sense of things like body language, reactions, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time you had a project that was running behind schedule and what were some things you did to get things back on track?

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

Interviewed with a few people in the company. I was able to know what their day-to-day looked like and see what the job would be like, I thought the interview process was great.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

The interview process was great and quickly scheduled. It consisted of a quick phone interview and details about the job role. Then a formal interview which was average length in time and full of questions and insight.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, what was a time you helped a customer after they had a bad experience and how was the outcome
Viewing 1 - 10 of 482 Interviews