Centene Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 588 of over 588 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

The process was seamless. The HR department was heavily engaged and in constant communication. The interviewing staff were all very helpful and asked really thoughtful questions. Furthermore, they used an automated system to help me with the process.

Interview Questions
  • What is my leadership style?
    Answer Question
6 people found this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene

Interview

It was a Very laid back, quick, informative, and comfortable process. I never felt uncomfortable or judged while I was speaking. The questions were cut and dry , to the point,

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I interviewed at Centene (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Ghosted me. No acknowledgement that they received my application, no follow up, no feedback. Application process was a broken "black hole". It was a complete waste of my time. I don't know why they bother advertising for positions.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you advertise for positions if you do not conduct interviews or provide feedback to applicants?

Centene

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Centene

Interview

really easy, just 1 interview with a team, but took very long to hear back from them (around 4 months). The team was very chill, just ask basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite programming language? Tell me when you handle a conflict
2 people found this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Centene

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and engaging. The questions were that of a standard interview, and the vibe was not too intense. However, it was hard to gauge how well I was doing or if they liked me.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about a time you led a team through a challenge (or something along those lines)

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

Standard “If you were in this situation, how would you handle it” type questions. Manager was very inviting and upfront about the job itself. Stated that she was interviewing several other candidates so the response should be within a week.

Interview Questions
  • This position requires for you to sometimes work the weekends. Is that an issue for you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene (Durham, NC) in Apr 2022

Interview

HR contacted me about my application and performed a telephonic screening process. HR was very candid about the process and next steps. Second interview was with the Hiring Manager, and it was a generally pleasant conversation. My personal takeaway was the job description on the website was far too generic for the role envisioned by the Hiring Manager and discussed during the interview. When I inquired of application status one week later, I was told I would not be moving forward and to consider applying for other positions Centene has posted. I requested some feedback from the interview and it was explained that feedback is not provided when the candidate is not selected to continue in the interview process. This really is a missed opportunity for Centene - especially when the applicant is navigating job descriptions for skill/experience fit. Hiring Managers, for the time and energy invested by both parties in exploring an opportunity, please be prepared to provide constructive and useful feedback for the candidate. This not only helps the hiring organization but also the prospective employee align more successfully. In today's age of remote interview and hiring practices, surely there is time to formulate a an effective reply for HR that is useful for sharing with the candidate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

It was casual, but they asked the right questions . They also allowed me to ask them lots of questions. They answered honestly and clearly. I felt like the interview went very well.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Centene

Interview

Interview consisted of a zoom meeting, the typical situational "describe a time you..." one person asked questions while 3-4 other supervisors watched with severe disinterest. The whole process felt gross. After every question the interviewer would ask the others in meeting if they had any follow up questions after my answer, they would mutter "no" if speaking at all. Process lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer, what was the outcome?

Centene

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centene in Apr 2022

Interview

Presentation then behavioral interview with a panel of Supervisors/Senior Manager. Great explanation of the day to day job. No surprises. Very pleasant process and very responsive HR team. The application portal is regularly updated.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were stretched with deadlines and how did you handle it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 588 Interviews