Centene Interview Questions

Updated 29 Nov 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 655 of over 655 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

The process was seamless. The HR department was heavily engaged and in constant communication. The interviewing staff were all very helpful and asked really thoughtful questions. Furthermore, they used an automated system to help me with the process.

Interview Questions
  • What is my leadership style?
    Answer Question
13 people found this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

Initial interview with a group of leaders, but then handed off to consultant group. Onboarding was extensive almost 5 weeks and had little to do with role. They say they value technology, but not really. CM role is data entry with very little clinical decision support or engagement. Huge emphasis on making numbers. Very little orientation to actual job. 'Salary is great

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

Pretty traditional. First stage was phone screen with recruiter, 2nd round with Hiring Manager, final round with Manager and colleague. Covered experience, how it relates to the role, and a small technical test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene

Interview

I don't know what they are looking far but interviewing with them is a waist of time as far a career and that is it. They are always hiring for some odd reason or so

Interview Questions
  • don't remember actually because it was earlier this year but I do know that they were pretty basic questions

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

The interview questions were pretty standard questions. I had one HR followed by three additional interviews with various levels of management. The hiring process did take several weeks to complete.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter. The recruiter interviewed me on the phone. Then I had an interview with the manager and a few days later the job!

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience with excel? Would you consider it as beginner or intermediate?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene (Tampa, FL) in Oct 2022

Interview

Third interview coming up, so far all video voice interviews, will keep you all updated on next steps! It was pretty low key and not so stressful. The hiring manager did all the talking

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself was the first question for phase 1 and 2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Centene (New York, NY) in Oct 2022

Interview

Great HR interviewer. Straight to the point. Asked me about my previous job and what responsibilities I had. I am currently still waiting for respond back for second interview. I have messaged a followup to the HR but did not receive a respond back yet.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I interviewed at Centene

Interview

Ghosted - Initial call with recruiter and then interviewed with team about a week later. The interview was easy, but the advertisement for the job is 100% incorrect after discussing the position with the team. The hiring manager mentioned that he talked to HR about it, but apparently HR didn't care enough to change it. Didn't hear back after a couple weeks. I ended up interviewing with another company afterwards and received an immediate offer after the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Centene

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Centene

Interview

Applied via online portal, contacted by recruiter for a 15 minute screening, following screening- met with the hiring manager and two other management peers. Had one more interview with a potential peer and was given an offer about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • They will ask you behavioral questions to see if you have the needed skills to perform the job function.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Centene (New York, NY) in Oct 2022

Interview

I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled and 30 minutes before the call, I realized the link to join the call was not on the email invitation. I emailed my contact to get the link and 10 minutes before my interview, she told me she needed to reschedule because she will be out the rest of the day sick. Ok, it happens, no big deal. It's rescheduled for the next day and same thing happens. She has to reschedule and wants to reschedule it for Monday the following week. I respond asking if there was maybe anyone else who could take the call with me, first, because I don't want to keep getting rescheduled if it's something like covid and she's not in, and secondly, I would be in-office and it wouldn't be easy to get away without raising suspicion. I don't get a response from her at all, but then I receive a "Thank you for interviewing" email message. In the messages she sent me to reschedule, I think she sent over an info guide that I think was only supposed to be internal and in that, it said that instead of rescheduling, she should have tried to find someone else to interview me if scheduling had to change. I found the generic recruiting email in my thread with her and sent over an email basically asking what is going on. I didn't get a response, but a few minutes ago I got a rejection email. I'm really not sure what is going on over there but they need to get it together. That whole interaction left a horrible impression on the recruiter and the company as a whole.

Interview Questions
  • I will need to reschedule, please let me know if that time works for you
1 person found this interview helpful