Cleartrip Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 6 Jun 2017

3.2

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in May 2017.

Interview

Online written Test, 2 F To F. Interview will happen on same day.
    First F To F round discussion is on Problem Solving, Little on online test question.
    Second F to F is on Design.

Hr took one week for feedback and The feedback is negative...( I dont understand why this has taken one week, may be my ask is more then there standard).

Interview Questions

• Online Test: Return Max count of sub strings part of give string list of a String.
      Design: Design Library System.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer (Android) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

First I had a telephonic round for around 1 hour where I was asked android questions.
    Second was programming round where I was given a android task to be completed in 2-4 days.
    Third was F2F round. I was asked Java related questions and was asked to write Fibonacci program in Java.
    Fourth was another technical F2F round where I was asked about my current project and mostly scenario based questions like how to handle update UI on the go, firebase etc.
    After this I was rolled out an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Fragment and ViewGroup ?   1 Answer
    • How to handle configuration changes ?   Answer Question
    • What is sticky intent and in what scenario is it used ?   Answer Question
    • Types of services in Android, types of broadcast etc.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru).

Interview

The interview required me to work on a real life challenge and create a go-to-market plan around it.
    Also focused on listening skills and creative approach coupled with out-of-the-box thinking. This was done in a span of few days. The HR was responsive at all times and responded to my queries with patience and clarity.

Interview Questions

• What will be your strategy for marketing XYZ product of the company?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cleartrip.

Interview

Had a telephonic round after which a case was given for preparation. The case related to building a roadmap for a live product of the company. I spent a lot of time on the case, the recruiter after a week let me know that there will be a final round. However the final round never happened. 2-3 weeks later I write to the company directly and I am told they will not be "proceeding at this time". No reason was given. I suspect this could be a way to get ideas and work done for free from people. Most other companies I know who use cases for interviews use hypothetical products/scenarios they cant use. Seems like a much more ethical practice to me.

Very bad experience for me, would not recommend anyone to waste their time here.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through one of the staffing agency. It took almost a month to complete two round of interview.

For first round, Got a call from one of the engineer, he spent almost an hour to screen me. Later they decided for shortlisting my candidacy.

For Second round, they called me after 20 days for face-to-face round. they spent almost two hour for the second round and then the resulted as negative.

I hate interviewer those who are interested and believes in forcing others to do the same thing what they wish. Interviewer wants everything to answer based on what they knew it, not any other ways, He was saying no it cant not be like that even if you answer correctly by some other point of view. He was more interested to know more about your current company architecture of the operation infrastructure, Moreover, really ridiculously he was questing on my current company architecture that why "like that", should be "like this". Architecture never be the same for all the companies my friend(interviewer). Please come out and look around, you will find lot of paths to reach to the destination. You can't follow just the same way.

They do not have any work, Simply making fun of candidates. Waste of time. If you can not screen the candidates in 30 mins(Even though 30 mins is more) whether he is suitable OR not based on your perception then you do not deserve to be an interviewer. Do not waste the company time and candidates time as well. Kick them out if any candidates is not suitable with your perception instead wasting 2-3 hours in taking up the interview and later you decide simply saying "Candidate is not good fit" :)

Please do not consider this review I posted because of negative feedback, Rejection is normal. Every ones perception is not the same so does not matter. But posting this review will help others and may Cleartrip do some amendment on require process so other people wont suffer unnecessarily.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was not even more sounds technically so they had just process related questions

1. What is your current company architecture ?
      2. After you answered, Why its like that ?
      3. After you answered, Should not be like that, Should be like this
      4. They asked very non sense shell script question, Its just two set of command and want to write a script.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial telecon is to assess your problem-solving capabilities. Next round is a case study. You will have to submit your solution in a couple of days. For 3rd round, they will invite you to their office. There could be multiple interviews, in my case, there were 3 interviews at their office.

Interview Questions

• They will primarily ask you to solve the problems that they are trying to solve in Cleartrip. Possibly, this is the reason why they invite people to their office. I didn't feel interviews were intended to assess my skills. Most likely, they were looking for ideas/approaches to solve their product problems. I figured it out that few other interviewees also had similar experiences. They just said NO, we are not going ahead with your candidature. My advice to them is to give some feedbacks and pointers to candidates as on where they should improve.   Answer Question

Market Manager - Activities Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cleartrip in May 2016.

Interview

Basis vacancy on official website, I applied for the position and spoke with HR.

I was informed that they will come back in 3 days, but after 30 days yet 3 Cleartrip days weren't passed :(

Advice to Organization : Please respect time and words.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Vellore) in August 2015.

Interview

Purely technical. In interview round they asked to write two codes , the codes must be fully optimized. There was one regular expression question. started with discussion on projects and then various concepts of OOPs, DSA , database queries. Before interview round you will have to clear written test comprising of aptitude, technical mcqs and one coding question.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in August 2015.

Interview

They had come to our college to conduct the placement drive. The first round was an online test. The test had one section for aptitude and another for coding. The coding round was a little tough. We were asked to write a code for only one program. The aptitude round was very long. The time given to us to attempt the aptitude questions was not sufficient to answer all of them but the questions were pretty easy. And after this around 15-20 people were selected for further interviews.

Interview Questions

• All the questions in the interview were based on the resume, about the projects which I had done and about the internships. They asked some puzzles which were pretty easy. There was another round of interview where they conduct a stress interview as well. Here, they make you feel that you are not good for anything and then ask you questions (both technical and puzzles).   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online (LinkedIn). After few days, I got a call from HR. Only 1 technical round happened but that was good enough to judge a candidate. It lasted for more than 3 hours. Interviewer was very good. The open position was for the flight team of Cleartrip. Interviewer asked me 8-10 questions. Each one of them was a design problem. I had to design, code and optimize every problem. Interviewer was checking my design skill, problem solving skill and coding ability. He was more interested about the data structure I used and its complexity. Interview went fine. Both me and interviewer were happy. I asked interviewer if there was any further round. He told that my technical round was over and HR would give the feedback soon. Unfortunately HR took more than 1 month and finally told me that my feedback was NOT NEGATIVE but the position was on hold due to some internal reason.

During that 1 month, I had to ask multiple times about my feedback. She used to reply once only when I asked 2-3 times. Experience of that 1 month was pathetic and frustrating and it seemed to me very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were - Elevator problem, Anagram problem etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.