Cleartrip Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cleartrip Interview Questions

Updated 16 Aug 2017

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cleartrip.

Interview

Starts with a telephonic round. They have some incompetent people in panel, must have entered thru some nepotism, they ask questions as if they know every thing, but it's a pity, they don't even have the basics clear. If you have some prior friend there, ask them what answers they expect, give exactly same. They are poor than any other company I have appeared.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Oh really, do they have people who develop product from scratch. Then they should be open to suggestion. Also they should have some training on how to behave during interview. Just a one line, "Ok I am done" and the cut the call.. Wow.... must be some super busy guy. Wish I could discuss with such a person if he is accessing a candidate or proving that what ever he knows is correct.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in May 2017.

Interview

Online written Test, 2 F To F. Interview will happen on same day.
    First F To F round discussion is on Problem Solving, Little on online test question.
    Second F to F is on Design.

Hr took one week for feedback and The feedback is negative...( I dont understand why this has taken one week, may be my ask is more then there standard).

Interview Questions

• Online Test: Return Max count of sub strings part of give string list of a String.
      Design: Design Library System.   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cleartrip (New Delhi) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy questions. Basic java concepts, but the last round with their Principal Engg is poor. He tends to understand the current system only and later provide negative result. No proper feedback of what exactly was missing for the negative result after multiple reminder. Seems like building up their own system but understanding how industry is building solution. Also multiple times rescheduled the interview, no sincerity for time.

Interview Questions

• Collections basic question followed by round where they try to understand you complete architecture.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer (Android) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

First I had a telephonic round for around 1 hour where I was asked android questions.
    Second was programming round where I was given a android task to be completed in 2-4 days.
    Third was F2F round. I was asked Java related questions and was asked to write Fibonacci program in Java.
    Fourth was another technical F2F round where I was asked about my current project and mostly scenario based questions like how to handle update UI on the go, firebase etc.
    After this I was rolled out an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Fragment and ViewGroup ?   1 Answer
    • How to handle configuration changes ?   Answer Question
    • What is sticky intent and in what scenario is it used ?   Answer Question
    • Types of services in Android, types of broadcast etc.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru).

Interview

The interview required me to work on a real life challenge and create a go-to-market plan around it.
    Also focused on listening skills and creative approach coupled with out-of-the-box thinking. This was done in a span of few days. The HR was responsive at all times and responded to my queries with patience and clarity.

Interview Questions

• What will be your strategy for marketing XYZ product of the company?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cleartrip.

Interview

Had a telephonic round after which a case was given for preparation. The case related to building a roadmap for a live product of the company. I spent a lot of time on the case, the recruiter after a week let me know that there will be a final round. However the final round never happened. 2-3 weeks later I write to the company directly and I am told they will not be "proceeding at this time". No reason was given. I suspect this could be a way to get ideas and work done for free from people. Most other companies I know who use cases for interviews use hypothetical products/scenarios they cant use. Seems like a much more ethical practice to me.

Very bad experience for me, would not recommend anyone to waste their time here.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through one of the staffing agency. It took almost a month to complete two round of interview.

For first round, Got a call from one of the engineer, he spent almost an hour to screen me. Later they decided for shortlisting my candidacy.

For Second round, they called me after 20 days for face-to-face round. they spent almost two hour for the second round and then the resulted as negative.

I hate interviewer those who are interested and believes in forcing others to do the same thing what they wish. Interviewer wants everything to answer based on what they knew it, not any other ways, He was saying no it cant not be like that even if you answer correctly by some other point of view. He was more interested to know more about your current company architecture of the operation infrastructure, Moreover, really ridiculously he was questing on my current company architecture that why "like that", should be "like this". Architecture never be the same for all the companies my friend(interviewer). Please come out and look around, you will find lot of paths to reach to the destination. You can't follow just the same way.

They do not have any work, Simply making fun of candidates. Waste of time. If you can not screen the candidates in 30 mins(Even though 30 mins is more) whether he is suitable OR not based on your perception then you do not deserve to be an interviewer. Do not waste the company time and candidates time as well. Kick them out if any candidates is not suitable with your perception instead wasting 2-3 hours in taking up the interview and later you decide simply saying "Candidate is not good fit" :)

Please do not consider this review I posted because of negative feedback, Rejection is normal. Every ones perception is not the same so does not matter. But posting this review will help others and may Cleartrip do some amendment on require process so other people wont suffer unnecessarily.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was not even more sounds technically so they had just process related questions

1. What is your current company architecture ?
      2. After you answered, Why its like that ?
      3. After you answered, Should not be like that, Should be like this
      4. They asked very non sense shell script question, Its just two set of command and want to write a script.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial telecon is to assess your problem-solving capabilities. Next round is a case study. You will have to submit your solution in a couple of days. For 3rd round, they will invite you to their office. There could be multiple interviews, in my case, there were 3 interviews at their office.

Interview Questions

• They will primarily ask you to solve the problems that they are trying to solve in Cleartrip. Possibly, this is the reason why they invite people to their office. I didn't feel interviews were intended to assess my skills. Most likely, they were looking for ideas/approaches to solve their product problems. I figured it out that few other interviewees also had similar experiences. They just said NO, we are not going ahead with your candidature. My advice to them is to give some feedbacks and pointers to candidates as on where they should improve.   Answer Question

Market Manager - Activities Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cleartrip in May 2016.

Interview

Basis vacancy on official website, I applied for the position and spoke with HR.

I was informed that they will come back in 3 days, but after 30 days yet 3 Cleartrip days weren't passed :(

Advice to Organization : Please respect time and words.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.