Cleartrip Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cleartrip Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2018

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in April 2018.

Interview

Process is easy and maintaining all the standards.No wait for the results.More concerned about employees comfort .All the interviews get started on time and leave applicants on the given times.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn 'Easy Apply'. Got a call and interview invite mail from the HR. The interview was scheduled on a weekday from 10 AM to 2:30 PM.

Few things I would like to talk (read it as WARN) about the interview process

- Round 1 interviewer is damn arrogant that he wants to talk a lot. He introduced himself as someone with 6+ years of experience in ClearTrip alone. At one point he stopped interviewing and started teaching me on how the DNS cache entry works at ISP level. It was like agree that I knew a lot of stuff than you! I was like 'Agreed Sir'

- Ironically, the same person wants an 'aye' and 'nay' type of answers stating the reason that he doesn't want to waste time.

- The second round was taken by his team junior, who came with a laptop and project created in the eclipse for the automation round. He will give you the scenarios to automate and leave.

- After creating the entire automation framework [Data driven, TestNG, POM principles, Including all the Base Test methods from wait methods to screenshot capture] and completed as much scenarios as possible, there was a point I came to face that, until I complete all the scenarios I won't be entering the next rounds. It was already 2:20 PM. When told that I want to go to office as I had taken permission on a weekday, they were plain and straight about their expectations.

- So, I thought, nothing worth of ClearTrip even after creating a working framework from the scratch. I was running out of time genuinely and on the verge of reaching my office which was located 20 KMs away. Hence I said, I'm done and if they want to go with me for the further rounds, let them call me.

- Guys, whenever you feel like moving out of the interview while building the framework do it and leave the room. Do not give a second thought.

- The type of round and their expectation is totally in contrast. Scheduled for a 4 hour interview and expecting the candidate to stay for the entire day? Unfair!

- End of the day, there are still few people who just take interviews to boast how much they knew than the person sitting infront of them. That cheap Euphoria exists in majority of the organizations panel!

- By the way, choose your battles wisely. Time is precious!

Interview Questions

• Round 1: F2F

1. How to perform the parallel testing using TestNG   1 Answer
    • 2. Difference between Cache and Cookie   1 Answer
    • 3. Difference between @BeforeTest and @BeforeMethod   1 Answer
    • 4. Debug a website (say, google.com) which is not up when you typed the same in the address bar.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cleartrip (New Delhi).

Interview

I was interviewed at my campus. The process had three rounds. First one was completely based on Numerical Ability. The second round was the technical interview. Questions on Java and Android were asked. The third was HR round.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through a consultant.It was a one day process at bangalore location.
    First Round - Asked to write mini inventory application which has support multi-threading , logging and must have design patterns.
    Second Round - It was technical discussion focused mostly on current project architecture.Asked to solve the problem to linkedlist , was not straight forward.
    Third Round - Again technical discussion , asked to design an architecture for a highly scaled application and what are the things need to be considered,
    Fourth Round - Hiring Manager Round , asked about my professional journey. Also asked about my project contribution and was asked to design a new service. There were many follow up questions on my solutions.
    Got the offer letter in one week.

Interview Questions

• Design a new highly scalable service which will collect data and serves to any client.   Answer Question

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru).

Interview

Not responsive; had to follow up continually. Finally got a HR standard, apathetic one line response. Should have spent 2 minutes to frame a response given it was for a senior position.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected & difficult to average accurately - How many times do you travel in a year   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleartrip.

Interview

First round will be from Hacker Rank. I cleared it then they called me for second round, There they told me to design mini-bank application(Including database design,login,exception handling,logs & multi-threading) within 90 min.

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in December 2017.

Interview

1st Round- Telephonic(around 1.5 hrs) Java, little DS and android
    2nd Round- At Cleartrip Bangalore office (UI mock and APIs was provided to create 2 screens with required scroll and sticky animations from cleartrip app_
    3rd Round- Assignment questions, android questions taken by 2 people. One after other
    4th Round- problem solving array questions
    5th Round- Hiring manager round. Class diagram and Classes/Models to make scrabble game
    Round 2-5 where on same day f2f. It took roughly 10hrs. HR was being generous by booking a cab, but payment mode was cash, so you end up paying.

Interview Questions

• Longest Even Length Substring such that Sum of First and Second Half is same   1 Answer
    • Given a sorted array and a number x, find the pair in array whose sum is closest to x   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleartrip in November 2017.

Interview

At first we were given to write a program that was based on our logical skill. In terms of difficulty it was quite easy. Next was the technical interview where they asked me to explain the code to them and asked few questions on DBMS and Java. Technical interview was followed by a managerial interview. After the interview was over I was told that I will get informed in next 3 days. Well after 3 days no information from their side so I assume I am not selected but it would be appreciated if the company can inform the final round candidates about the result as we can from.outside of Bangalore expecting to get into this company.

Interview Questions

• Given an array containing multiple elements and repeated elements. find the minimum subarray length between the repeated elements. Example 1,2,3,2,1   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru) in November 2017.

Interview

Online test involving string manipulation and handling containers efficiently. The following round was in house coding where they asked us to design a banking system. They asked to implement multi threading and loggers while keeping in mind a design pattern for the code.

Interview Questions

• Implement the online banking system while implementing multithreading and design patterns   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cleartrip (Bengaluru).

Interview

They want to increase existing product adoption but currently running out of creative juices. Albeit there is no clear position open they post a job. HR calls and asks mechanical questions and framed Cleartrip flight product question is provided as an assignment.

I despise such companies as they don’t have any clue how to leverage ML/Bigdata stuff but they expect a PRD out of candidates.

Of course, candidate would not get it right as he/she is not part of the ecosystem but definitely provides huge amount of insights. I doubt if they would ever hire someone.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase flight fare alert adoption? Domestic only as I guess they are struggling in India.   Answer Question
    • How would you leverage Machine Learning and create a detailed spec out of it for the engineers.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.