Close Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Close Interview Questions

Interviews at Close

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Close.

Interview

Met with Director of People Operations for a video call. The call felt frankly brief and as though they were not interested in actually assessing if I would be a fit for the role once we were on camera.

To be entirely honest, from my experience, other experiences that I have heard about, and the profound lack of diversity on the team overall, it feels as though the hiring team is keeping out people of color. Can't speak to the experience of what the remainder of the process looks like as I did not make it further than the first call which was not surprising given the seeming lack of interest.

Would be curious for other poc to share their experiences interviewing with this company.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close.

Interview

Terrible interview experience. Aggressive interviewer and odd flexing throughout.

I met with HR via video. Third question in, she asked for salary information which is illegal to ask. I politely replied by stating I would like to learn more about the role to see if I was a fit before discussing salary (which was code for: I am not disclosing my personal data in an initial screen). She became oddly annoyed with my response and replied, “Well what don’t you understand about our role?!” in an aggressively condescending tone. She completely missed my subtly in dismissing her illegal question.

Also, throughout the interview, she flexed her gatekeeper status by repeatedly saying she is ‘very protective and particular’ of who she allows into the company. And spent little time telling me about the company, the role or why I should join. I was unimpressed considering they are a 40-person startup.

Advice to their leaders, be more selective about who you allow representing your employer brand. The interview process is a two-way street. Interviews are not just for an employer to evaluate a candidate, but for candidates to determine whether or not the company is a good fit. Great candidates have their choice of top-tiered companies to work for which means smaller and less known companies need to do a better job highlighting their company and role. I ended the interview early and would not consider working there.

DevOps Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close (Remote, OR (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview was on the easy side, with very cliche questions. After interacting for two or three questions it became clear the interviewer was following a script and was not always very acknowledged or prepared on the answers.

For a business fully running on the cloud there were more hardware questions than relevant, which sounds like they are no levering the cloud as much as possible. The kind you get at places that run their own hardware like Google or Facebook. Concepts like decoupling, monitoring aggregation, "cattle vs pet", 12 factor apps, were not very familiar to the interviewer.

Lot of questions were really irrelevant for the environment and scale they are running. The most ridiculous part was when the interviewer started comparing them-self with Google. It was mostly flexing muscle.

Interview Questions

Close Response

29 Oct 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We do ask very technical low-level questions in the first interview to probe the candidate’s knowledge of the underlying technologies that drive our infrastructure. We love of our tech stack (https://stackshare.io/close-io/close-io), all of which is running in AWS. So, we don’t have any hardware to worry about, but we do have to manage all of the EC2 details that might affect our Mongo DBs, K8s clusters or other parts of our infrastructure. There are some Mongo providers out there, but we chose to manage our own clusters due to size/cost and we have been running K8s in production since version 1.4.8 which is way before EKS was offered.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close.

Interview

Got through whole process rather quickly with positive feedback along the way. I had final interview with CEO. He was very odd. Claimed he basically has a psychology degree and could read people. He was more than obsessed with finding particular people to fit with his current small team, but all over a 30 minute video interview where he talked most the time. Maybe that's why the company is lacking in employees and customer satisfaction. When asked to provide feedback on me since I invested so much time in 4 interviews, mock customer call, and a take home project I got ::crickets:: In the end it made me realize I wouldn't want to work with that type of team and company ran that way.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I went through two interviews. The interviewers were nice, and they had me complete an assignment. I felt I did pretty well on the assignment, but they passed on my application. No feedback as to why.

I think if someone puts in several hours completing an application for your company, and then several hours more interviewing with you, the respectful thing to do is provide feedback as to why you've decided not to move forward with that candidate.

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Close (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The application included some basic technical questions.

There was one phone screen, then I was given an online coding exercise that took about an hour.

After passing the exercise, I was asked to do a technical phone interview. They told me beforehand that there would be a total of 3 technical phone interviews after the coding exercise. Seems a bit excessive to me but yeah.

On the the technical phone interview I was asked to give detailed explanations of what an HTTP request is and how to insert a string into the dom in a browser.

Overall it sounds like a good company to work for but the interview process felt a little pedantic and excessive to me. Very small company though so I guess they're expecting people to have wide generalized knowledge.

Devops Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Close in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a screening call from their HR person, followed by a HackerRank.com exam. The next step was a technical interview followed by a scripting assignment. After the scripting assignment there was another technical interview with a peer to the position, and another one with the CTO. The last interview was with the COO.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an application stack like X?
      What is the Linux init process and how does it work?
      How would you design a stack to provide X service and meet latency and redundancy SLA like Y?   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close.

Interview

I got dropped after the first stage of interview with the Customer Support manager. I felt like the interview went great but I couldn't place exactly why I got dropped out.

Customer Support Interview

Interview

I had an easy to medium interview, then I was rejected via email in a timely manner.

My rejection email sounded like
    "we can't tell you why we're not going forward after 1 interview, because we would be comfortable to share feedback only if we could do this for all our candidates, but we're a small team".

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Close (Barcelona (Spain)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and smooth at the beginning. I had a great conversation with the Product Designer, where he presented the culture of the company and the challenges the design team has at that time. I was asked to make the home assignment. I submitted it and was not invited to further conversations. I sent an email where I asked for some feedback about the task I made, but the email was left unanswered. I felt bad about it, and I see that as not very professional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.