CooperVision Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

CooperVision Interview Questions

Interviews at CooperVision

2.9

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CooperVision in September 2020.

Interview

1) Phone screen with recruiter: 30min
    2) Phone interview with hiring manager: 30-45min
    3) WebEx with peer, peer manager, hiring manager, and Finance Director: 4 hours
    4) WebEx with HR business partner: 1 hour
    5) WebEx with cross-functional partner, peer manager, Finance Exec: 3 hours

I spent 9 hours on 5 separate days spanning over 1.5 months interviewing with the team as described above. After the final round, I sent a Thank You note and follow up messages after not hearing back for a while. What I received exactly 1 month later from my last interview was an auto-email saying “Thank you for your interest in CooperVision. We have selected another candidate whose qualifications met our requirements.” I responded asking for feedback on what I could work on for future searches and no responses. In the spirit of transparency, the least the team at CooperVision in San Ramon and NY could do is to write a personal email saying 1-2 things the candidate can focus on in the future. The year 2020 is mentally draining in itself and candidates who spend a lot of time and effort prepping for interviews just to get an auto-email is unprofessional. The recruiter kept in touch weekly since interviews were every other week where they would tell you “we just want to make sure you don’t lose interest in us, we’re challenged with scheduling interviews.” It was odd that after the final interview, they went silent.

The team seemed very protective of their culture and asked a lot situational questions. The exec mentioned that they want to ensure whoever they add is a good fit. They emphasized that one of their core values is FRIENDLY and that they apply this in their work. Though I felt I connected with most interviewers, the style of communicating the decision was very UNFRIENDLY. I didn’t get the job, but this experience was eye opening enough to prompt a review, which I don’t typically do.

CooperVision, I hope you’re more transparent with your candidates or don’t pull them in all the way to the final round if you have other candidates in mind.

Interview Questions

• Why CooperVision? What do you do if you don’t get what you want from other departments? What one thing would you want me to remember you as?   1 Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CooperVision in July 2020.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter a week later. We had an initial phone screening to discuss the role before I had a formal interview with the director the next week. About two weeks after I had a meeting with the GM and another manager which was the final round. After six weeks of silence and no responses to both my follow-up emails, I received an automated email saying I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Is it better to be late and perfect or on time and good.   Answer Question

Human Resources/OD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrietta, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CooperVision (Henrietta, NY (US)).

Interview

So, I applied for a job in the Henrietta Location. It was a good job and a fairly significant one.
    I had a phone screen that went well so was called in for an interview. The interview was a full 6 hours. I met with about 12 different SENIOR staff. At the end of the day I was told I would hear back soon.
    I didn't, but when I did, it was a computer generated "no thank you" note. The EXACT same note my nephew received and he didn't even get an interview.
    I dodged a bullet. That email told me more about the Company Culture than 6 hours on site.
    In my current role I teach and coach Sr Leadership and HR about applying best practices. I have kept the email and will use it, calling out CooperVision as an example of what NOT TO DO.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CooperVision in September 2019.

Interview

Met with manager then with manager and VP together. Nice people, interviews lasted about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Number one goal in sales process
      Tell me about how you are creative   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CooperVision (Pleasanton, CA (US)).

Interview

Probably the most unprofessional interviewing experience I've ever had. Hiring manager couldnt make my phone interview and gave no notice. Eventually got on a call with them days later and made it to the in person. The hiring manager doesnt show up again and neither does his boss. They two roles I was interviewing for fell under them. Their reasoning was that they were sick and the other was on business travel. Keep in mind no one gave me a heads up. I understand there things happen but to give no heads up to the candidate to inform them ahead of time clearly shows a lack of respect they have for people. Avoid this place.

Continuous Improvement Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Henrietta, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CooperVision (West Henrietta, NY (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

One phone screen and one in person interview, if they like you on the phone screen they invite you to the facility and give you a tour as well as conduct the final interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CooperVision.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted with a phone interview offer. After the phone interview, they had me come in a few days later with the request that I create and give a presentation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CooperVision.

Interview

Excellent and professional and experience. They were very quick and good at letting me know next steps. Great people. Felt respected and in the loop the entire time. Nice location too. 30 minutes interviews.

QA Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CooperVision (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

It was pretty standard but I should have been a bit cautious because of the fact that as it turns out my sneakers are more intelligent than the guy who ended up being my boss. I don't think I realized it because I was baked out of my mind, either way they called the next day and offered me the job.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CooperVision (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly quick process. Got an interview about 2 weeks after applying, then another interview every week after that. Had three interviews in about three weeks. They made me drive out to the site twice, taking time off work, with very little notice (less than a week both times).

On my third interview, I interviewed 7 people in succession which is fairly standard for this kind of position. Most of them were well prepared, easy to get along with and had good questions to ask. A few were unprepared and were reading my resume for the first time.

They never got back to me after the third interview, which I found to be rude, since this has never happened before. Lack of courtesy always leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.