CooperVision Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 5 April 2019

3.6
Daniel G. McBride

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good co workers, good benefits and good place to work" (in 8 reviews)

• "Some great people to work with and many for" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not an abundant amount of career advancement" (in 3 reviews)

• "Long hours due to short resources" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Support Team Lead in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Support Team Lead in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at CooperVision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are top notch. Pension after 5 years.

Cons

Management could listen to senior employees a bit more before starting big projects

2. "About as good as glsssdor for repetition"

I have been working at CooperVision full-time

Pros

CLEAN and Dry and regular income

Cons

• Does not encourage or support individual development. Employs based upon personal bias and 'daily mail' style misinformation. Employees actively segregate themselves according to ethnicity or protected characteristics. People are ridiculed, derided and routinely segregated, either by themselves or the organisation based upon gender, sexual orientation, education, religion, appearance and then race and ethnicity.
    • The organisation is in no way set up to cater for the openness of todays youth becoming tomorrows employees. “What is inclusiveness” is a feeling in the organisation rather than an encompassing of the ideals of inclusivity. “We are inclusive but not fully”!
    • Nothing about the advertised organisational culture and expected behaviours is reflected by line managers and senior - as a result there is minimal uptake of the shop floor staff.
    • It looks bright, happy and encouraging organisation from the outside, but it is generally demoralising with little task autonomy, trust or proper training and development to deliver the desired core behaviours and understanding to its employees – There is no value placed upon the workforce.
    • Bullying and abusive behaviours can be experienced from Senior Management, Management, Shift and Line Management, Technical and Shop Floor Level employees – I have witnessed them without the courage to step in and experienced it myself, first hand from all. Referring to the fear of repercussion if you step in. This has been rife and spreads like a virus throughout the ‘gossip’ channels all of which desire something negative to broadcast about someone – the people don’t seem to be able to operate with out being negative to or about someone else in the organisation
    • Penny pinching to gain big bonusses is an attitude, although much of the equipment used requires a huge overhauling if production is to continue more than a few years safely, it is on the brink of a cataclysm of H&S issues and there will be a scapegoat, for sure – it is the norm.
    • There is a fear to report anything, even by the anonymous reporting scheme - it is investigated, tabloid style, to discredit and highlight the reporter as opposed to addressing the issues.
    • Basically – Work here is you need a role, but don’t plan you career around it unless you really know how to network effectively – only this will work within the CV Click.

Advice to Management

People management first - then your bonus will look after itself.

3. "Great first time job to have!"

Former Employee - Distribution Associate in West Henrietta, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Distribution Associate in West Henrietta, NY (US)

I worked at CooperVision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learned how to work as a team.

Cons

Attendance Policy is not the best.

Advice to Management

Alter the attendance policy to prevent hard working employees from leaving the company.

4. "Hidden growth company in the East Bay!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at CooperVision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth / Successful
    Great Products
    Nice People
    The company does the right things

Cons

Need a better bonus and stock program, especially for people who aren't Directors.

5. "Highly Disorganized Management"

I worked at CooperVision full-time

Pros

Food is brought in often, snacks are always there, the fridge is always full. The receptionist is nice and people are generally pleasant.

Cons

The EA to the president is, to put it lightly, a piece of work. The president is not pleasant or approachable in any sense. The other management is also detached entirely. The pay for the Silicon Valley is abysmal. Great benefits package, but other than that it's not worth growing a career here. There is no growth for internal employees.

Advice to Management

From another review, I will echo this: "Management has no clue of "Who, What, Where and When". Disorganized and failure to plan correctly. High school atmosphere with lack of respect to employees and other department members . Don't expect your employees to utilize skills that Management lacks. Management needs to review and follow company ethics (not follow "Do as I say, not as I do")"

6. "Management"

I worked at CooperVision full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for. Great people. Great culture

Cons

Not much I can complain about

7. "Great Experience, Better People"

I worked at CooperVision part-time

Pros

Personable and approachable exec. team with constant focus of improving company and employees.

Cons

Headquarters location is not ideal.

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative

I have been working at CooperVision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thorough onboarding process, strong tools and new products available for sales growth of territory, solid upper management who listens to and asks for sales force input, a lot of resources available to achieve growth, friendly coworkers, great benefits package. This company has a great reputation with our doctors/practices!

Cons

The quotas are rolling so if you don’t put in the work to make up loss in prior quarters it becomes difficult to catch up.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the sales force, implementing new competitive programs regularly helps us all achieve our goals.

9. "adc"

I worked at CooperVision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good pay/benefits and a deep talent pool of dedicated, intelligent employees.

Cons

a lot of turnover in management and quality control led to a feeling of constant state of flux

"CooperVision work ethics"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at CooperVision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits package, 401 K match, and fitness program.

Cons

No career advancement, Played head games with employees who were eager to learn new skills. Penalized for calling in sick or family emergency. Nitpicking at all aspects of the job with lack of training to correctly perform the job. Management needs to be in tune with employee needs to complete all tasks associated with the job and not ignore requests for help. Lack of maturity and fair judgement is common among current managers. Company does not execute new products in a timely fashion, always delays or excuses for delays which only confuses or angers the customers.