Cornerstone Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cornerstone Research Interview Questions

Interviews at Cornerstone Research

3.3

Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a first round on campus after resume and CV review, and then a final round in the office. It was a long in person interview that went all day including a lunch with current employees.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would think about fradulent crypto currency trading and estimating the costs of it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was 2 rounds - both started with behavioral and then switched over into case interviews. The case interviews were rather hard however similar to what is listed on their site.

Litigation Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. There were very interesting (to say the least) questions asked more about work style, rather than actual experience. She asked if I had any questions at the end, and whenever she would answer a question she be condescending and say “does that answer your question?” Then there were assessments Microsoft Office demos including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. That took a hour of my time.

I ended up getting a rejection email and not moving onto the second round. I was overqualified for the job and it seemed like you had to fit into their “clique” to gain employment. I don’t think employers should be assigning “homework” assignments if they weren’t sure about moving forward with their candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a different work style than a coworker and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Interview

Applied through university portal. Got the first round, which was 2 interviews with current analysts (each 10 min behavioral and 20 min case). The cases were different than the management consulting cases, but required the same skills (graph interpretation, calculation, brainstorming, etc). There is no “framework” like in strategy consulting interviews. I did well in most of the interview, but I still did not get the offer (I struggled on interpreting a graph and that might have been the reason for the rejection). The interviewers were very nice and talked you through it, but cornerstone is such a tough company to get an internship with.

Interview Questions

• Why cornerstone? Tell me about a time you worked with data?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Interview

1st round interview - 2 30 min interviews with a few behavioral questions to start and two case studies that they walk you through. Super day involved 5 45 min interviews - 3 full cases with behavioral and then 1 shortened case and 1 informal chat with an analyst

Interview Questions

• What would you say is one of weaknesses and how do you work to overcome it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Interview

First round - two case interviews
    Second round- super day format
    Friendly interviewers but analytical interview - go through their cases online to understand process
    A lot to do with anti trust, collusion
    One or two behavioral questions

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

First round – 2, 40-minute interviews with Analysts involving a very brief behavioral portion (1-2 questions each), then an interviewer-led case with qualitative and quantitative elements, followed by a chance to ask them questions. They were extremely friendly and welcoming, the cases were medium-difficulty, but very doable if you do your research on the company and read through their example cases in various practice areas. I messed up my math on one occasion and asked for help, but the interviewer happily did help me and I still got a final round interview.

The final round was much tougher: 4, 40-minute interviews and a 20-minute Q&A. The interviewers were of differing roles including more higher-ups. Each involved behavioral and case questions, some focusing more on one portion than the other. The cases were similar to the first round, if a bit more challenging, some involving no math and just reasoning with lots of questions about your reasoning. My resume was very very thoroughly verified with me. The Q&A was informal and more for my benefit.

I heard back a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you led a team and how you did it.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

2 parts - behavioral and case, had two interviewers and interviews were back to back, each lasting about 45 mins. Got response back within a week . Went through university career center to secure interview, looking for people with strong quant skills and also strong understanding of econ. Recommend going through their website and different cases, all cases for case portion of interview were based on analysts' own cases

Interview Questions

• Basic econ case, fiduciary responsibility, destressed assets, defining terms, simple math   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cornerstone Research.

Interview

Very nice interviewer. Wants to help you if you get stuck. Need to know your basic econometric principles. Overall positive experience. Cornerstone does more case interviews than other economic consulting firms.

Analyst Interview

Interview

2 back to back interviews. Behavioral component and a case interview component. Experience of working in a team. Favorite class in my college career. Pharma case and soft drinks case

Interview Questions

• Favorite course in college? Recall a time when you were working in a team.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.