Elsevier Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 318 of over 318 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Elsevier

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier in Nov 2021

Interview

Initial interview with HR the week after my application to determine if my work history was a match for the position. Second interview with two hiring managers about a week later to discuss the role, the company, and my compatibility.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an interaction with a customer/author where you have had to decline their request.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Elsevier (Cleveland, OH)

Interview

The interview process was typical up to the point where the interviewer from the EU started asking if I had a family. I'd like to believe the interviewer is unaware that those types of questions are illegal in the US. I also had difficulty getting my travel expenses reimbursed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Elsevier

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Elsevier

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier in May 2022

Interview

Overall, a very positive experience. Had the standard phone screening with an in-house recruiter about two weeks after I submitted my application online. Was then passed on to a one-hour video chat with the hiring manager. Next up was an hour-long panel interview with 8 employees, which was very intimidating and took a lot of prep...but everyone was extremely nice, and it went well. There was technically one final interview with a VP, but they decided it wasn't necessary and went ahead and made me an offer with a figure that was very much in line with my expectations. I found the whole process efficient, transparent, and everyone I spoke to was both friendly and professional. From application submission to offer took 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Elsevier

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

First technical round conducted by full of attitude guy. He made faces for my answers. He was mocking my answers and didn't treat me well. Truth is, am more knowledge than him. I can say that confidently based on his questions, the answers actually which doesn't exist.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Elsevier

Application

I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

I had an initial interview which I thought had gone well. Questions weren’t too difficult and the interviewer put me at ease. I was told there would be a couple of weeks of first interviews. After a couple of weeks, I contacted the recruiter who said that they would be in touch, I didn’t hear anything else. I find this very disappointing and pretty disrespectful for the people that take the time to apply and then go through the interview process. Does not reflect well on Elsevier.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Elsevier

Application

I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

The interview was very pleasant and well structured. There was enough time for detailed introductions and questions about the project, the company, and organizational matters. It was communicated what was expected and offered.

Interview Questions
  • What are my expectations and expectations when I get the internship? Describe your path up to this interview, what are important milestones?

Elsevier

Application

I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

After background check they change their mind. Such a waste of time. After first interview they select me as a top candidate and ask for background check.I have provided everything but they denied me after a month.

Elsevier

Application

I interviewed at Elsevier

Interview

HR phone interview about 30mins- globle sales director video call about 1hr ask your past working experience and explain to u about the role- regional sales director about 30mins. Didnt ask so many past experience, but some other questions like system tools...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Elsevier (Chennai) in Mar 2022

Interview

Written test plus oral interview then HR. Was asked about hobbies, interests, personal profile, more info about hobbies, where I want to see myself in 5 years, about email writing do's and don'ts

Interview Questions
  • Hobbies, passion, COVID crisis, family

Elsevier

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elsevier in Mar 2022

Interview

I took an online coding test - this was followed by a zoom interview; part of interview was a group presentation about the company, and then there was a personal interview. I was required to give a presentation on a topic

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Elsevier (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2022

Interview

This was a month and a half - 2-month process total. Do not expect a quick decision, but I'd say it's good that they take the time to interview their candidates and deliberate accordingly. First met with HR, only a 15-minute interview where they told me the salary range and expectations. A week later, I had a 1-hour interview with the Senior Acq Editor and 2 other Acquisition Editors. They asked me a lot of in-depth questions regarding the process, my experience, and other behavioral questions. If you had not had an Acquisitions position previously, or any editorial experience in general, you would have struggled for sure. They were very friendly, though, and it didn't always feel like an interview since we discussed a lot of initiatives within the company and our interests. About 2-3 weeks later I was asked to meet with the Publisher, about a 45-minute interview which felt more conversational than anything. He made it very clear that by speaking with him I would likely receive an offer within the next 2 weeks, which I did and accepted. I enjoyed speaking to the publisher a lot (he was very straightforward yet kind) and I'm very excited to start this position!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 318 Interviews

Elsevier Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Elsevier as 60.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.72 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer - III and Account Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Journal Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Elsevier takes an average of 46 days when considering 37 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer - III had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Account Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 60 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Elsevier according to 37 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 19.18%