Cover image for General Atomics

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

General Atomics Interview Questions

Updated 1 Feb 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 525 of over 525 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

General Atomics

Application

I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

Interview focused mostly on resume. There were some technical questions to test the knowledge in Electrical Engineering. The questions were mostly from entry level electrical engineering courses. The interviewers went over the job description and explained their day-to-day activities in the position. They also stated their expectations which helped understand the scope of the position.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked some interpersonal questions
    Answer Question
  • I was asked some technical questions

General Atomics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

The initial interview was straightforward and went well. The second interview included the head of HR. Nothing notable to report, but some of the questions were vague. The interviewers seemed less interested in me as a candidate once they realized I hadn’t taken the LSAT.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

General Atomics

Application

I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

Easy to follow process, good communication and great feedback. Dept head was nice & approachable. Questions were all very simple. Ultimately didn’t seem like the role for me. But seemed a good company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

General Atomics

Application

I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

Numerous phone and on-site interviews and tours very positive in nature then company ghosted me. Very surprised as I was advised in private patience would be required but after 1 then another month I assumed some level of professionalism on status good or bad Should at least provide some level of feedback when formally requested.

Interview Questions
  • What new processes had I implemented?

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in Jan 2023

Interview

Applied on their website followed by a phone interview by the hiring manager. Response time after the phone interview seemed longer than usual (a little over a month) but a panel interview was scheduled shortly after. The panel interview was consisted of three 45 minute interviews with different engineers. The interviews were relatively conversational and laid back, focusing on experiences on my resume with behavioral and a couple of technical questions interspersed throughout. All of the engineers were extremely friendly and seemed passionate about their work. Prior to the panel interview I was required to submit 5 references to complete a skill survey, which seems more than usual so if you're currently I would let additional references know ahead of time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

General Atomics

Application

I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

The interview was laid back with a general overview of the position, resume, and background questions, and asked about projects worked on. After the initial discussion, there were general C++ and python questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

General Atomics

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

Standard process but it took a few months between phone screen to offer HR wouldn't negotiate I need fifteen more words so please ignore the rest of this review as it is just a place filler for the rest of the requirement

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in Nov 2022

Interview

I've been active applying to jobs and a recruiter reached out to me through a job search site. An initial phone screen was made and the recruiter and I went through my experiences. From there another interview was made with my potential manager and we went through the same going over of thee resume. After, another interview was made with potential managers and colleagues, three in total at one time. It sounded daunting at first but they were all very chill and it was more of a getting to know each other free talk while touching on my experiences and asking questions on their experiences.

Interview Questions
  • It was a free flow conversation where situations would come up in conversation and they would ask how I handled it. They also asked about my resume.

General Atomics

Application

I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter and then an in person interview with HR and engineering team. Interview took up most of the day and was able to tour the facility after.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

General Atomics

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Atomics

Interview

Typical questions.. where did you work etc. It starts with a phone call and then onsite interview. The onsite was a presentation. very chill. Then private talk with the manager. and eventually another call... ey you have the offer come on board bla bla

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Palmdale, CA) in Oct 2022

Interview

Received screening call from recruiter and was told that I’d be contacted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. I was not contacted after a week so I called the recruiter to follow-up. The recruiter answered and told me she was on vacation and 10 miles off the coast of Cuba. She said she will follow up and get the interview scheduled. Another week later without any word or interview scheduled, I received an email saying I am no longer in consideration for the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 525 Interviews