HARMAN Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HARMAN Interview Questions

Interviews at HARMAN

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HARMAN (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I got a call for interview through eLitmus. The 1st round was a written mcq test in eLitmus office in HSR layout Bangalore. I got shortlisted from that written test, and was told to go to Harman office for further rounds. The 1st f2f interview was a technical round. They briefly asked me to explain about my projects and also told to write down the code snippets. The next f2f round was also completely technical which consisted of 2 panel members. They asked full in depth about C, C++ and OS concepts and also told me to write program snippets for almost everything being asked. It lasted for almost 45min to an hour. I got rejected in that round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Vernon Hills, IL (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

1. Written Test
               Create a hash map iterator
               Binary Search
               Algo to print 1 to 100, but replace 5 by five, 10 by ten and 15 by fifteen
    2. Onsite: 3 Technical Rounds
              Fibonacci Series
              Find a loop in linked list
              Number from 1 to 1002 stored in an array, two duplicates. Most efficient method to find the duplicate. And what other data structure would be good
              Question on threads
    3. Interview with VP
              Personality related questions
              How to improve join efficiency in huge tables

Technical interviews were not very tough but VP screening results is most denials. We proceed to different levels of interview based on the performance of the previous one. Recruiter said VP said no to my candidacy

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Question: VP asked to give a situation where my opinion was different from what others said. The situation could be technical or non-technical   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HARMAN (Farmington Hills, MI (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn
    Phone interview: Resume review, HR questions
    Online Coding Test: simple, 3 questions to code in 30min.
    Phone interview by principal SE: Questions on previous projects, questions on teamwork
    Onsite: Scheduled, yet to go for onsite interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview

1) Career fair - short chat interview : I talked with them during career fair. They are basically the lead engineering guy and the hr people so i were briefly interviewed during the chat. They ask for your academic transcript and go through your resume. Actually if you have time they will do in person interview on the next day but i don't have time so i was briefly interviewed during the career fair.

2) Phone interview - with a senior java architect. Advance java concepts asked.

3) Online test - difficult online test about java. Expect detail java multi-threading questions.

Then they call me and decide that even though the steps are not that rigorous, they feel confident about my ability and give me the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because i think it's a fair salary for a new grad. You may want to negotiate if you want more.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Novi, MI (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone to go through my resume. The interviewer asked general questions regarding my previous work experience and the current project. The entire process took 30 minutes. The second interview was a group interview followed by on-site interview. The panel asked general questions regarding my experience and then followed up by asking technical questions. This process took 3-4 hours. The offer was made 3 weeks after the interview and the entire process took almost a month (from applying to receiving an offer)

Interview Questions

• General SW Engineering questions related to OS, Embedded Systems and Computer Architecture.
      A few programming questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HARMAN (Farmington Hills, MI (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online.

I was contacted after 2-3 weeks. I spoke with the HR and there was silence for 2 weeks (no emails till this point . hence there was no proof besides my call log regarding any communication).
    After a while, I spoke with the HR for the second time and scheduled a call with the Hiring Manager. The Hiring Manager was cool and spoke to me and told me he wanted to bring me in for an interview. I worked with the HR regarding logistics of my onsite visit.

The interview was a breeze. I was contacted 2-3 days after my interview with the news that everyone wanted to have me as a part of the team. The whole process took 2-3 months!

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions from my resume; some aptitude questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HARMAN (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I believe everyone have their priorities. I agree for the choices. But not blunders.
    I was called for Core Java profile. Said only looking for spring and hibernate candidates.
    Asked few questions like steps involved to setup jdbc, Java memory model, garbage collections.
    I explained the way I can. Like how memory is divided such as stack, heap, method area etc, serial gc, parallel gc, cms, g1 etc.,
    They said my review is looking high standards candidates. Don't know what that mean. Definitely we can't judge just by asking 4 questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. After that there was an then in person interview with several hiring managers and employees. Phone interview with recruiter. After that there was an then in person interview with several hiring managers and employees.

Interview Questions

• Write out on a white board a program that can calculate the fibanachi sequence up to n numbers.   Answer Question

Software Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Farmington Hills, MI (US)).

Interview

skype interview first for 45 mins.

Received another email for onsite interview .

This was 3 rounds interview.

1st round - by 2 colleagues of same level .
    2nd Round -by 2 managers .
    3rd round - by HR

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview

A phone interview first, then go on-site in LA.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.