Hilton Garden Inn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Hilton Garden Inn Interview Questions

Interviews at Hilton Garden Inn

2.0

Kitchen Supervisor Interview

Interview

Normal interview. But the chef was 45 min late interviewing me because she had another interview before me. Very unprofessional but she did seem young and perhaps inexperienced. Small operation. Only 8 employees including dishwashers. After initial interview they expect you to do a demonstration of knife skills and basic cooking techniques at different degrees of difficulty, including the dishwashers. So they have high standards but low pay.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hilton.   2 Answers
    • Are you ok portioning proteins. Breaking down whole chicken. Filet fish. Etc.   1 Answer

Pay was too low. $13-$15/hr. I was under the impression the job was similar to a sous chef but they don't want to pay for sous chef but expect you to work like one.

Landscaper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Laramie, WY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very informal. The employee who referred me told me that the supervisor of that department wanted to meet with me. So I showed up and spoke with him for a bit. I believed he just wanted to know if I could fit in and if I would actually be a decent employee. He offered me the job at the end of our conversation

Laundry Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in June 2013.

Interview

I responded to an ad on my local job search website. I emailed the woman and she told me to come in and fill out an application and take an assessment. Went in and filled out the assessment and they told me to come back in half an hour because the manager wasn't there. Came back and took the assessment. About 3 days later, a manager called me in for an interview. She was 20 minutes late and the interview was comprised of me filling out paperwork because I was hired I guess.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult interview questions, if they want you they will just come to the interview with paperwork for you to fill out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they tell you what you're going to make an hour.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Charlotte, NC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in and talked about what I needed for my internship. I was given a tour and then I started working when school let out. Other than that, there wasn't much to the process. I got the offer through a family friend talking to the owner.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Spring, TX (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I'd like to add I applied for a couple, pretty much any available. I applied after visiting the location and asking for an application. I called ahead to verify they were still hiring. I was in no way dressed to go fill out an application (this would have been my second official job). Front desk answered and she said I could swing by today if I wanted and I expressed concern for what I was wearing and she said not to worry because it wasn't an interview. Well I went in shorts, athletic shoes, and a plain t-shirt. I filled out the application in full and met the Assistant General Manager. Thankfully I got a call, I think I had help here because my cousin was working as a server in the restaurant and they convinced them I was worth it. I got called in for an interview with the former Server Lead and it was a very basic interview. I was pretty much hired then and there. I was wearing black slacks and black flats. I can't remember if I was wearing a jacket or not. Then a couple days later I came in for training (TABC certified) after my background check finished going through. After I had just started, the server Lead actually moved on and a bartender became the new server lead. The interview was held in one of the banquet rooms. I've seen other interviews held inside the restaurant. Training/certificate was done on a computer. Notes were allowed to be taken and they were strongly recommended. Paper provided.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult customer and what did you do? What was your most positive experience with a customer? Why do you want to work? (Other basic questions)   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yuma, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Yuma, AZ (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was nice. Casual the manager was really nice with me. She asked me qiestions about my personality. She explained me the job, the responsibilities, the salary and the rules.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Interview

I had an interview with the Restaurant Manager. It went great, I felt like he was more nervous that i was. He called me back a few days later telling me that he would like to hire me if I was still interested. I went in and signed what seemed like a million papers. After I did that, I started working/training a couple days later. The process speed was good. I did not have to wait forever for a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you and not the last person that I interviewed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I needed a job so I did not negotiate, just accepted it. I think the hourly rate should be at least minimum wage due to the fact that the restaurant is not that busy to live off tips.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in January 2014.

Interview

they advertised for bartender but wanted banquet servers. the interview was ok and got called back for banquet server to hear more information about it. they were giving me the job without a moments time to think if i wanted it.

Interview Questions

wasn't pleased will the salary they were offering for that position.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Interview

It was at a career fair because the hotel had not yet opened . I interviewed with 3 different Managers, there was a lot of people there but it was a pleasant and smooth experience.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn (Issaquah, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the hotel and was given a paper application to fill out. It seemed like they weren't quite ready for me, although they asked me to come in 15 min early to fill out the paper work. I filled it out and gave it to the girl at the front desk. I was checking out the ammendities area when the head chef came out to meet me again. (She had been at the front desk when I walked up originally) We went to the dining room area and she explained how the position worked, since there was an upscale continental breakfast and also sit down service. She explained how the kitchen worked, how the small dining room lay out was split, how many servers there was at a time (2 during most of the breakfast hours and one carried over for lunch) how the tipping was handled, just basically ran through the position and what the responsibilities would be. She also let me know that there was extra hours available if you worked during banquets and other events.
    Then she started asking me about my experience and about my work history. Sometime during this the head of HR walked over and set down, introduced herself and listened to us talk, occasionally asking a question. She left before the end of the interview and I finished talking with the chef. Everyone was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. Some interviews I've been on are more like interrogations, but this was a very relaxed environment and friendly conversation. At the end of the interview she explained that this was the initial meeting, and if they decided to go forward with me I would be meeting with the higher ups, like the hotels GM and a few others. I left feeling very good about the interview and my chances. I emailed her a few days later to thank her for meeting with me and to reiterate my interest and experience. I was feeling very good about everything, so I was very disappointed when I got an email a few days later from the job search website I had found the position on, and it was just a form letter that let me know that they decided to not move forward with my application. No reason for the decision or any indication that I did something that they didn't like, or if it was that my server experience is older than they wanted... That's my only complaint. They're not going to be as invested in me as I am in the job and I understand that completely, but I was given the impression that I was going to move forward and it would have been nice to know what changed their minds...

Interview Questions

• How I handled a time when I had an irate customer and no one to back me up with the other customers.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.