Cover image for HubSpot

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

HubSpot Interview Questions

Updated 1 Feb 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,955 of over 2.0T interviews

Recruiter11%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

HubSpot

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

HR reached out for general getting to know each other Manager interview about the role and the team Team interview about the company and team etc Case studies take home followed by presentation to a small group of people

Interview Questions
  • Questions were mostly about my analysis of the case studies and it was open ended
    Answer Question

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

Over 4 weeks - spoke with recruiter, hiring manager, case study and met with members of the team for an onsite. Thought the interviews went well but didn't get an offer. The one interviewer who did leave positive feedback at the onsite actually seemed actively engaged and asked a ton of follow up questions on how my knowledge/expertise could help HubSpot (and knew the value of what machine learning and predictive analytics could bring to the business) with a lot of in-depth inquiries which demonstrated genuine curiosity about me and my background (hard to read people over Zoom but she was definitely listening closely the whole time). Felt like I was actually going through a real interview where we can discuss ways in which I can help bring innovative solutions and tools to HubSpot based on my experience - and I definitely felt great about that. I thought (in my opinion) some of the other interviewers were less engaged or less impressed with the projects I worked on which were heavy ML and stats (since there weren't really any follow up questions/short answers to the questions I asked or the interviewer was getting confused over simple concepts like calculating the net gain by subtracting cost from revenue for instance). The feedback that "I had given long winded answers, gone down a rabbit hole and will have trouble communicating to stakeholders" is taken to heart but I had better engagement and understanding (and more positive feedback) from the actual stakeholder (who happened to be more senior) who I would service so I thought this was rather haphazard feedback. I think that they were looking for someone with more of a commercial background (or a sweet talking MBA type) instead of investing in someone who could build predictive tools that could impact the business (or they simply and subjectively didn't like me for whatever reason based on preference or appearances - im not sure) . I didn't appreciate how the recruiter noted that I would be better off as a individual contributor in my career (unless I misheard) when I'm already managing a team. They had even discussed bringing me in at a lower comp than my current employer even before the whole process was completed based on the perception of one or two people - I would've appreciated indication of this beforehand so I didn't waste time on the case study presentation (and subsequently final rounds). I felt like the feedback left a lot of question marks (since it was very general versus concrete with specific examples) and was more of a subjective decision versus one based on skills and delivering on next level insights/tools - which I can champion and get excited about. From that standpoint I don't think the culture at HubSpot would have been a fit if this is how employees are judged - this whole interview process was super confusing and frustrating if you want me to be quite candid as the decisions along the way seemed rather instinctive and based on personal preferences with merely 'opinions' to back it up - not on merit, rigor or what one can potentially deliver in terms of tangible output and results. Having said that I truly appreciate having gone through the process and meeting the team! Grateful for the opportunity. Wish HubSpot the very best moving forward! Note to interviewees: Don't settle for anything lower than your current compensation - a quality company would be willing to pay you at a premium and recognize you for your talents in a fair and objective way not on whim. The fact that the company has lower expectations for you based on the opinions of few should be tell tale sign to not involve yourself further if that ever happens during the process since this sort of determination will persist . Lesson learned for me.

Interview Questions
  • Why Hubspot? Tell me about a time when you had to mentor someone? Tell me about a project you worked on?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about HubSpot

Join the conversation on

Consulting India

1m

works at

AMI

What role do people have, as a developer, with their tech stack in tools such as ServiceNow, Salesforce, Informatica, Workday, Microsoft Dynamic 365, Sharepoint, Hubspot, PowerBI, SAP, SAP HANA etc.? What is the technical depth involved when compared to full-stack web development? What is the career scope and WLB with such SaaS/CRM/ERP/ETL tool customizations/development? Tata Consultancy Infosys Salesforce IBM Cognizant HCL Technologies Wipro Shell Accenture Atos Capgemini

6 Comments

Tech India

185K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=HubSpot~227605
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about HubSpot? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with HubSpot employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

A series of virtual questions with about a minute of prep time before self-recording your answer with one spare attempt. There is an unintended 'grace period' when reviewing your initial response that is not timed.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

4 different interviews and interview 4 consisted of 3 separate interviews with multiple department heads. It seemed very excessive, especially for something that is typically an entry-level role. Very frustrating and a waste of time since it expanded across 4-6 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Role play - had to know Hubspot in and out and create a discovery call role play
1 person found this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

There were two rounds, each round consisted of a behavioral interview portion (with four to five questions) and a case portion. Each round was around one hour long with two different people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

Very friendly recruiter. On time decision announcement. On time decision announcement. On time decision announcement. On time decision announcement. On time decision announcement. On time decision announcement. On time decision announcement. On time decision announcement.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

Call with a recruiter, 1on1 role play and interview, and the final interview is with two BDR managers. Pretty straightforward, and you get two tries at the role play, which I liked a lot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

A few rounds of phone screenings with the recruiter and current team members, followed up with a writing assignment. Did not advance past this stage, but the Recruiter was very helpful and involved throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Straightforward with typical interview questions, no curveballs that I can remember.

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

Primera Entrevista telefonica en Ingles. Buen trato pero poco colaborativa. Te preguntan muy rapido como si tuvieran prisa, No muy buen actitud. No progresé al siguiente stage.Mala suerte, a por la siguiente

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

First an email to invite me to begin the interview process. I was assigned a BDR (Business Development Rep) that knew the hiring team and understood the role to a certain degree. We had a quick 20 minute call to go over any questions I had about the company and then a 30 minute call with the hiring manager. Then three 30 minute calls with folks on the team. My BDR rep was super useful!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had trouble with a manager or superior and how did you handle it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,955 Interviews

HubSpot Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at HubSpot as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.75 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Partner Marketing Graduate and Customer Support Specialist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Sales and Senior Web Developer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at HubSpot takes an average of 15 days when considering 5 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Web Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Customer Support Specialist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 16 days).

Common stages of the interview process at HubSpot according to 5 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 33.33%