HubSpot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at HubSpot

1,116 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

The process began with an intial online coding challenge that was about 2-3 hours long through their own platform, and then a behavioral phone screen which lasted about 15 min.

Interview Questions

• API based coding challenge, classical behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Age discrimination is virtually impossible to prove during an interview these days, but when you see there is practically no one over 40 (or even 35) in HubSpot you can't help it but ask - was it about my gray hair or something else ?!

Interview Questions

• HubSpot uses the same questions -look up from other reviewers and you will see the same questions from 3-4 years ago still being used without modification.   1 Answer

HubSpot Response

30 Sep 2020 – VP, Recruiting

Hi there - we pride ourselves on a culture and recruiting process that doesn't discriminate on the basis of a number of factors, including but not limited to gender, race, and age. HubSpot is absolutely a company comprised of people who are younger on the age spectrum - as outlined in our 2020 Diversity Report (https://www.hubspot.com/hubfs/2020DiversityReport.pdf), 16.2% of our employees are over the age of 35, which is up from 14.5% a year earlier. In our Product and Engineering orgs in particular, that number is 20.3%. While we acknowledge we have work to do, we're proud of the progress we've made. Age aside, my hope is that you got some degree of feedback as part of your interview process - if that didn't happen, please reach out to me at beckym at hubspot dot com and I'd be more than happy to dig in and get you some insight as to why you didn't move forward in the process.

Best,
    Becky

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

It’s clear HubSpot does not use an adequate Applicant Tracking system to manage their applicants. Seemed mismanaged and could be missing out on qualified applicants, as I received an automated rejection email in the middle of the night. HubSpot should invest more effort into their recruiting team, and give them the tools to do their job.

Interview Questions

• None, wasn’t given a chance to interview. Received a rejection email in the middle of the night from an Applicant Purge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I had a behavioral interview after having my resume reviewed and passing a coding challenge. The coding challenge is not LeetCode based and it is more about real life applications.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have faced a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Interview

From start to finish, everyone at HubSpot treated me with such respect. It was an awesome experience. There were three rounds of interviews. The first was fairly "informal" followed by two technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you think you would be a good addition to the team?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

a few behavioral questions followed by the second round of technical interview + frontend/backend interview with specific questions. The behavioral round was average but the backend/frontend interview was kind of hard for an intern role

Interview Questions

• what's your leadership experience? tell me about a time when you handled a failure   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

OA + technical and behavioral. Straightforward . Fast turn around time compared to other companies so they’re attentive still have some time before the final round. Decently average process compared to others.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Online Application then to online OA. Due it on your own time pretty self explanatory. Not super leetcodesque. Then you schedule a phone interview a while out. After that it's best of luck hearing from your recruiter for final rounds.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

BDR Representative Interview

Interview

Computer does the First screening interview. You are asked three questions and given some timed prep time in between each. Kinda stressful with the camera recording you on its own. Fair questions I just didn’t do well with this interview set up, I panicked

SWE Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Coding challenge was really interesting and good! It simulated real life experience instead of random leetcode questions. Got a quick response after the coding challenge and set up phone interview after. Overall, good and quick process.

Interview Questions

• online coding challenge test, wasn't hackerrank or leetcode   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.